April 15th Release Date for A Feast for Crows

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

SO, how's that April 15th release date looking? Honestly, if Cersei Lannister looks anything like she does in that card, then I hope she wins the game of thrones.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Mel looks like she might be hot, too -- if you like busty redheads with long, flowing, wavy hair. :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Who doesn't?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Well, I can safely say that other girls aren't my cup of tea. :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Your loss. :wink:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Yeah!! I second Sylv's and Brinn's motion, if it was a motion. But, um, give Sansa about 5 years, and by the time we get to "Dance with Dragons", she just might overtake Cersei as far as babe factor goes. Cersei did teach that Stark girl a few lessons, and now with Littlefinger there . . .well, excuse me, but, *raises head back* mwa_ha_ha_ha!! :twisted:
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Went to my local comic book store and picked up both issues of Dragon magazine. I am about 3/4ths of the way through "Arms of the Kraken" and I am once again struck by the realism and descriptiveness of Martin's prose. Some books evoke a certain clarity of imagination within me (almost like a movie that plays in my head as I read) and Martin is certainly one of them. The story is so vivid and tense...Man o Man what a series!...What an author! :Hail:

Ye gods, I just can't wait for the "Feast"!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Isn't he absolutely marvelous? They must have something special in the water out in New Mexico to have two authors as fine as Donaldson and Martin!!
Love as thou wilt.

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Finished "Arms of the Kraken" last night. Two words...

HOLY SHIT!

Can't wait...Can't wait...Can't wait....
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I know, I know -- and its just a little piece of the prologue -- another piece called The Soiled Knight is set in Dorne and is even MORE exciting!!
Love as thou wilt.

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Where did you happen to find "The Soiled Knight" Duchess? 8O
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Only the outline is available, along with those from a few of the chapters Martin has read at conferences. There's the first Arya one, the first two Tyrion ones, a Dany one (and holy cow is Drogon starting to get big!!), a Jaime one, one from one of the two new POV characters (the identity of the other new one is a closely held secret), and a Sansa one.
Significantly, he has refused to do any readings from the Wall or the North!
Love as thou wilt.

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

go to www.georgerrmartin.com for a new Dany chapter, and an update on when he will be done. He is hoping to finish by the end of the year and it sounds as if he might have part of the next book, A Dance with Dragons partially finished (or at least well outlined), too.

I'm not sure how long it takes a book to get from the author's desk to the bookstore, though -- but if he is done around the winter holidays, I am hoping to have it by Elohimfest...
Love as thou wilt.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I really can't wait for this book - I've read the sample chapter, but I haven't managed to get a look at Arms of the Kraken - any idea if I'll be able to see it online somewhere?
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Check the A Song of Ice and Fire board: I'm pretty sure it's...pub26.ezboard.com/basoiaf They have the chapters there somewhere.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Wow, that place has loads of info... it's great to hear some of this stuff - and it confirms some things that haven't been mentioned since tGoT -
Spoiler
Illyrio and Varys are working together to bring back the Targaryens, as suggested by the conversation in the tunnel in tGoT. Varys sends Tyrion to Illyrio, who arranges for him to go to Meereen (Tyrion doesn't know about Dany yet)....
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

Am I the only one looking forward to Bran's story? I know he's rather annoying in most of the three books that went before, but I am looking forward to a character with a spiritual dimension, which I believe he will be once he's had his "third eye" epiphany. I still love the steel on steel battles we've seen before, but I will be interested to see a major character go into "head space" in a way.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

well bran wont be in till book 5

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”