Official Tired of waiting for FEAST thread?

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

It is my understanding that Martin has been submitting chunks of the book to his publishers for editing as he writes them. So hopefully that will quicken the publishing process when he is finished. 8)

Also, for "big event" books publishing companies can move awfully quickly at times...supposedly the last couple of Robert Jordan books have been rushed to the stores within a couple of months of his finishing them. I think there is something in the Jordan forum about that... :?

Yes, here it is:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5564
In an interview, Jordan stated that his last books had been edited in six weeks rather than the more standard six months.
Love as thou wilt.

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

I still don't believe it. But I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong. :?
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Love as thou wilt.

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

It still doesn't explain why Martin says he will immediately post on his website the minute he finishes the novel. Since he hasn't done that (as of yesterday afternoon, anyway, the last time I checked), we can assume the novel isn't completed . . . so why would he categorically state that the book will be out this summer?

Makes no sense. :?:
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Well, the big rumor over at the ASOIAF board right now is that Martin made an appearance at a convention in Chicago this weekend, and said that he has completed over 1500 pages, with only about 100 more to go. So maybe we are in the home stretch now? :D :D :D

edited:

went back and fetched the link -- there are very minor spoilers...

p080.ezboard.com/fasoiaffrm4.showMessag ... 41&stop=60
Love as thou wilt.

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

duchess,

Excellent. :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

That's some good news there. Looks like we might just get a release at the end of the year, if he's saying they'll rush to get it published.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

What seemed to be espacially promising is that there is only one chapter that is not at least partially written, and that some of those hundred pages have been at least partially written, or completely written and only need to be revised. :)

He also has some chapters of the book after Feast, A Dance with Dragons completed, as well as half of a third Dunk and Egg story. 8)

We might have this book in our hands by the winter holidays!!! :S :S :S
Love as thou wilt.

duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

I just checked with Angus and Robertson, and they tell me that the release date in Australia for A Feast for Crows is 28th September. Yay not long to wait :D
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

Roland of Gilead wrote:Martin is a master writer, revolutionizing the genre of medieval high fantasy.

His work ethic, not so good.

Stephen King says in Danse Macabre, and I'm inclined to agree with him, if an author takes six years to write a book, he's dicking around. Martin is not that far off. :twisted:
Sorry, but I'd rather read one Martin book than the last 8 King books, so I'm not sure his opinion on that score matters to me.
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

duchess of malfi wrote: Also, for "big event" books publishing companies can move awfully quickly at times...supposedly the last couple of Robert Jordan books have been rushed to the stores within a couple of months of his finishing them. I think there is something in the Jordan forum about that... :?
I strongly suspect this is what will happen. While reading Storm of Swords I caught several typos, whereas I don't remember finding any in the previous two novels. That, to me, says they are slapping them together and getting them on the shelves. And I can't even complain - I can stand a couple of typos if it gets me my book sooner.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”