Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Welcome to the Watch, jimdwa!

Be welcome and true!

Except for the Runes board, most posts are done with black areas to hide the text of spoilers. You need to highlight the text in order to read those.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome Jimdwa!

You do need to avoid the Runes forum entirely, as the warning on the header is about all you'll get. There are tons of spoilers in that forum. I also suggest that you avoid the "View last posts" function, as that will show you all thread titles in every forum, and you may see a spoiler included in part of the title in Runes forum.
Man on Mowgli
Servant of the Land

Post by Man on Mowgli »

dlbpharmd wrote:<turns>

<stares>

"Who's that guy sitting in the cole slaw?"

Welcome to the Watch, and congrats on what may be one of the best opening posts I've ever seen. ;)
Thanks, but it'll all be downhill from here
Nature is bountiful in the supply of fools
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Man on Mowgli wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:<turns>

<stares>

"Who's that guy sitting in the cole slaw?"

Welcome to the Watch, and congrats on what may be one of the best opening posts I've ever seen. ;)
Thanks, but it'll all be downhill from here
Somehow, I don't think so!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hail Man on Mowgli and jimdwa. Welcome to the Watch. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome indeed. (Again. ;) )

--A
ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

Welcome, jimdwa! :P

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want
to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln

Excerpt from Animal Songs Never Written
"Hey, dad," croaked the vulture, "what are you eating?"
"Carrion, my wayward son."
"Will there be pieces when you are done?"
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

A cordial welcome to Jimdwa and MoM.
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Welcome!
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
mrsnull
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by mrsnull »

Hey, all...
As you know, I am the wife of sgtnull.

My name is Julie. Dennis and I have been happily married for 11 1/2 years now and he is the absolute love of my life. I am so proud of him, proud to be his wife. I think he is the most wonderful human being that I have ever known. We have a 23 year old son, Nathaniel, and a precious 2 year old grandson, Ezekiel (Zeke) who is a laugh riot and the most talented artist and the sweetest, smartest, cutest kid in the world! (See, I can too be unbiased!) I am not old enough to have a 23 year old son or even be a Nana, but here I am... Where the heck did the last twenty years go??? We have a four year old (almost five) Catahoula Hound, Sonny Roy Torres Wood.
I love music of any kind from classical to Irish to country to rock to Christian ska, but I especially love punk rock. I could easily be the person on the road whose music is too damn loud. I love to read and Dennis and I belong to a library book club that meets once a month and we are thinking about re-joining his old graphic novel group that meets in Houston. I volunteer with the local police department, the library, our church, and my favorite place - the Houston Zoo. I believe in giving back to the community, yes. But, I promise you, I get much more from the volunteering than I give. I am a big sports fan, but football is my absolute favorite sport. I especially love the New England Patriots and the Houston Texans. (See, I don't just root for winners!) I love to cook and it is one of the few things I will actually say I am damn good at.
I am a court clerk (for 8 looooonnnng years now) but my dream is to one day finish my Bachelor's Degree and become a social worker or a psychologist. I don't love my job, but I don't hate it either. I work 5 minutes from home, can go home for lunch, have insurance and benefits and vacation. Plus they send me to school at least once a year and that is always great. I have to keep reminding myself that unemployment would be worse than my job and that actually, I am pretty damn lucky to have this job.
I want to travel, I want to paint, I want to write great poetry. And I want to be the best wife in the world to the greatest husband (Mine. Quit laughing you guys!!)
I am not sure how much I can contribute to these conversations. You guys seem so much more intelligent , much more intense than I am, more worldly. And I'll be honest, you guys scare the hell out of me.
Look, I very rarely argue with Dennis. He just knows how to debate. Usually the best I can do with him is to either pull a "because I said so" or threaten to withhold something (nameless). And he knows his facts. I never remember my "proof" in arguments. I can tell you I read something somewhere or someone said something. But the moment you ask me where I read something or who said what and when, I'm pretty well screwed. Details, details, details....
But, I shall try to not bore you (not counting this post, huh???) and I shall try to be fair and to listen to you and to respect your opinion. And I'll try to start remembering my sources.
Julie
“This is Our Bleeping City” - David Ortiz
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

mrsnull wrote: You guys seem so much more intelligent , much more intense
No. Just more stuborn and abusive.

Good post, and welcome mrsnull.
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Great post, MrsNull!

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Agreed, and welcome again. ;)

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

mrsnull wrote:Hey, all...
As you know, I am the wife of sgtnull.
Welcome to the Watch! Be welcome and true!
mrsnull wrote:I love to cook and it is one of the few things I will actually say I am damn good at.
Yay! Please come post about food and share recipes or maybe hobbies like reading cookbooks or watching Food Network over in The Galley.
mrsnull wrote:I am not sure how much I can contribute to these conversations. You guys seem so much more intelligent , much more intense than I am, more worldly. And I'll be honest, you guys scare the hell out of me.
Look, I very rarely argue with Dennis. He just knows how to debate. Usually the best I can do with him is to either pull a "because I said so" or threaten to withhold something (nameless). And he knows his facts. I never remember my "proof" in arguments. I can tell you I read something somewhere or someone said something. But the moment you ask me where I read something or who said what and when, I'm pretty well screwed. Details, details, details....
:::nodding:::

Ah...my long lost posting doppelganger! And Dennis sounds a lot like my dh, Paul. I am the same way. I remember reading something relevant to a topic somewhere, maybe even years ago, but ask me to say where or when and forget it. So I tend not to post too much in The Collective, unless it's something I can find answers to relatively easily.

I hope to get Paul to become a Watch member someday. But it will most likely not be until after his dissertation is finished. :::sigh:::
mrsnull
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by mrsnull »

Thank you all for the welcome.
I am excited to be here.

Julie ;)
“This is Our Bleeping City” - David Ortiz
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

mrsnull wrote:I never remember my "proof" in arguments. I can tell you I read something somewhere or someone said something. But the moment you ask me where I read something or who said what and when, I'm pretty well screwed. Details, details, details....
Well, there are other areas of the Watch more relaxed and less compulsively obssessed about details than the Think-Tank is. It is not the center around which KW revolves, though Avatar and the Tank regulars might understandably argue otherwise. :P

Check out the different subforums, mrsnull, and be welcome among us. :)

Just don't trip over Man on Mowgli in the coleslaw. :wink:
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Hail ye new ones! Well met and true!! May your days be long upon the Watch!! :welcome:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hello mrsnull!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Post by Avatar »

Matrixman wrote:...though Avatar and the Tank regulars might understandably argue otherwise. :P
:LOLS: Not at all, it clearly revolves around the whole Collective, with the Library close to the Axis. ;)

--A
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

Welcome all!
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...

Return to “The Summonsing”