Demondim and Elohim

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Ak-Haru
Servant of the Land

Demondim and Elohim

Post by Ak-Haru »

What exactly are the Demondim? Are they the dark counterpart of the Elohim in the same way that Vain is counterpart to Findail? Perhaps they are the 'dark side' of Earthpower, and the Elohim are the 'light side', and the Law needs both to be complete. This might explain the whole Findail/Vain staff of law event... I quote from 'White Gold Wielder': "Findail's fluid earthpower. Vain's hard, perfect structure. And between them, the old definifition forged into the heels of the Staff of Law." The old definition? Vain is Stone, and Findail is Sea. Any thoughts on the matter?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Weren't the Demondim a noble and lofty race? (if slightly inappropriately named - "demon" and "dim" are hardly complimentary words...)
Last edited by CovenantJr on Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ak-Haru
Servant of the Land

Post by Ak-Haru »

And they are noble and lofty. The Elhim are noble and lofty, and also jerks. There was nothing wrong with the original creation of the Demondim. It was the Ur-viles choice to be evil, and the Waynhims choice to be good.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

c my last post in lawful ur-viles thread 4 more on what Ak-Haru just said!
fall far and well Pilots!
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

the viles did it!

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

The Demondim were noble and lofty, yaddah yaddah, then the viles lured them to their breeding dens, assumably in Gravin Threndor with the Wightwarrens, and all that nasty stuff, and corrupted them and spawned the ur-viles, the pseudoviles...the waynhim I take it turned out more Demondimmish...
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Re: the viles did it!

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Wasnt it the Ravers that lured the Demondim to the breeding dens?
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I believe it was .. and someone posted that recently somewhere too .. which is very interesting.

thus the demondim cant really be the dark side of the elohim or earthpower .. just another race of being in the Land.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Yes, it said somewhere in books that moksha and turiya did that crime.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”