The Internet is Crawling with AFFC Spoilers!

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

The Internet is Crawling with AFFC Spoilers!

Post by duchess of malfi »

Just as with Donaldson's Runes, there has been an ARC released for Martin's AFFC. :roll: :roll: :roll: And just as with Runes, copies have been for sale on eBay, and people can't seem to keep their darned mouths shut about what's in it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

So I am just warning everyone who does not want to be spoiled, that there are some major potential spoilers floating around the internet right now. :| :| :|

And no -- I will not provide links to particular spoiley places, though there have been links posted at the Martin discussion board I go to. I am trying to avoid being spoiled any more than I already have been by the sample chapters. :)

Since I have not clicked on the links in question, I do not know what they say, or how accurate they might or might not be. :wink:

But I did want to warn people who do not want to be spoiled that there are supposed spoilers floating around out there! be careful in your internet wanderings!! 8)
Love as thou wilt.

duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

Says she with a quote from the new Harry Potter novel as her signature! :P

Seriously, I agree. Avoiding spoilers is a challenge, and another point worth mentioning is that avoiding reviews is a good idea too, as reviewers sometimes put too much information into their reviews.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Reader reviews at Amazon can be the worst. I was checking out a new book last night -- and someone who had read an ARC spilled out the whole plot and other rather relevant details, including the surprising sexual orientation of one of the characters. No, it was not AFFC. :wink: But it was a book which was only released in the last few days. :(
Love as thou wilt.

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I looked up, placed a small bid for an ARC, doubt I'll get it though, I'm not going to spend £50 on a book... but I'll try and get a copy nevertheless.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I don't see why you'd bid money for a ARC when the book is out in only two weeks. And in any case, would you rather get an ARC for £30 or more, or a signed, first edition hardback for £18.99? Getting both would be a waste of money. It's only two weeks, after all.

(Incidentally.... (yes, those are signed - that site has a bad habit of only telling you about signed copies on the main page))
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I suppose two weeks isn't that much time to wait... I'll leave it.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”