Its a hit

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

tylertoo
Servant of the Land

Its a hit

Post by tylertoo »

This is from Locus SF online:
George R.R. Martin's A Feast for Crows (Bantam) debuts on all 5 print lists compiled here, ranking the #1 fiction hardcover on three of them -- New York Times, Washington Post, and Publishers Weekly.
That's #1 for ALL fiction, not just SF/fantasy. Wow.
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

I was surprised when I heard this, too. I didn't realize Martin had become so popular.

But I'm very happy for him. I began praising A Game of Thrones and pushing it on friends and co-workers way back in 1996, telling them it was THE series to follow if they wanted to be in on the ground floor of watching a writer revolutionize the genre of medieval epic fantasy. I'm glad to see my efforts were not in vain. :P
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

i wasn't suprised; these books are amazing. I think in many ways, they surpass Donaldson's Thomas Covenant series.

He's a great author, i can't wait for the next book to come out. :D
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

hey revan, i wouldnt go that far...as ive said before, martins cadence and writing style leave ALOT to be desired, and his penchant for killing anything and everything is getting old...

it IS a good story, but he could definately use some improvement
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

::random:: Its odd i was just reading a thread on the grrm forum about what they think of donaldson. interesting how the two groups view each other. They bassicly were saying the same thing. Great book but his writing has some flaws in it and i wouldnt compare it to grrm. ::Grins:: I just found it ironic and felt like sharing

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”