OT: request for beta readers

The place for fiction and poetry....

Moderators: deer of the dawn, Furls Fire

ringthane
Stonedownor

OT: request for beta readers

Post by ringthane »

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is egregiously off topic... I'm not familiar with the other areas of the forum and none of the other boards seemed appropriate either. I apologize to the moderators in advance. :)

I'm ready to send out another batch of short stories to the pro markets, one of them going to an anthology to be published in 2004. To be honest, none of them probably have a snowball's chance in hell to be accepted in a pro market, but I'm naive/confident enough to think they could sell in a semi-pro market. Also, some of these will probably be part of my portfolio that I'll submit to gain entry to Clarion/Odyssey next year (think of it as the Ivy League school for fantasy/science fiction writers).

Anyway, I have few dedicated readers and I'm looking for new readers to give me serious, critical input. If you'd like to tear my writing up, drop me an e-mail:

jswartzfeger@cox.net

Or if you simply want to read my stuff I can pass it along too. Lemme know your preferred format -- text, PDF, word, html, etc (word and PDF are the easiest for me so far). I currently have 6 short stories ready for critique, along with part of a novella and another short story opening that could use a critical eye.

Just so you know, most of short story work so far seems to be in the magic realist/Jonathan Carroll/James Morrow vein. I do have one Donaldson-like piece that recently won 1st place in a short story contest (I hate it out of all my stuff, btw). All my serious Donaldson influences are being saved for that first epic fantasy series that's still fermenting in my brain. :)

Thanks for listening, sorry for the OT post, back to your TC programming...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

The Hall of Gifts, down in The Collective, is intended for original works. Don't worry though, we all know it's a big place, not easy to find a specific forum until you get used to it. A moderator might simply move this thread down to there.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
ringthane
Stonedownor

Post by ringthane »

Fist and Faith wrote:The Hall of Gifts, down in The Collective, is intended for original works. Don't worry though, we all know it's a big place, not easy to find a specific forum until you get used to it. A moderator might simply move this thread down to there.
Thanks Fist, must've missed that one. :/
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

One of the mods for this forum has to move it down, I don't think I can move anything into the Hall of Gifts, just out of it...
Love as thou wilt.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'd be happy to check it out. My email button here is current, so let me know.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I'd be glad to.

Word format'll be good, thanks. :)

My email button is current too, I think.

Yes, it is. :)

Return to “The Hall of Gifts”