NFL '06 Moves and Draft

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

danlo
Lord

NFL '06 Moves and Draft

Post by danlo »

Matt Lienart a Jet? Possible...T.O. on the stinking Cowboys--McNair may QB Baltimore? Dante on Miami--it doesn't end...NOW I am teamless--I became a Chargers fan because I believe in Drew Brees, NOT Phillip Rivers or that knucklehead coach of theirs...I can't become a Saints fan, sorry, just can't do it, go back to the Bucs? Maybe... :?
Last edited by danlo on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

so the Jets are talking to the Saints?

welcome to the patriots! we will take you in.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

so the Jets are talking to the Saints?
Where in the world did you get that idea? 8O :? (Brees is now a Saint) No, I shall never become a Pats fan, same thing goes for Cowboys, Raiders and Green Bay.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Now that we (New Orleans) screwed up everybody's draft board with signing Brees, I am hoping that we go out and get AJ Hawk with our pick. We could move down a couple of spots and still get him, and get maybe another pick later on in the draft, as well.

I just hope that we don't go down too far and not get an impact type player.

Now that we have our starting QB, I just don't see the value of keeping that number 2 pick.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Convince me J! Maybe I can swing to the Saints...maybe. Brooks, btw, is now with the Raiders and Collins is twisting in the wind...one rumor I've heard is that he may go to the Titans.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Brooks will be a good fit in Oakland. He just wore his welcome out down here. I still believe in him, but he was in desparate need of a change in scenery. And with the receivers that the Raiders have, he'll have a good year.

(Not good enough for him to be on my fantasy roster, but good enough to have an impact in the league).

Oh, and the addition of Michael Bennett as Deuce's backup was a good move by my Saints, too...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

danlo: i figured the Jets would move up to the Saints spot and draft leinhart. and then the Saints would pick up Hawk.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Ah, well we should all be more specific, instead of presupposing everyone's NFL saavy... 8)
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

noted. so everyone knows. patriots Rule! :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

If you'd like to keep up on NFL news...

www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Thanks Kins! (now if only my links would work [anyone know how to fix 'em?] :-x ) They're now talking about working to get Lienart on Tennessee with Collins as his mentor/starter/backup, ala Warner/Manning and recommending that GB go into competition with NO over Hawk. GB is also talking to Lavar Arrington but he wants too much $, however GB has some prodigious $ under the cap--like 45mil. Which team would benefit most from Young? Jets would be a very weird fit with a new coach and Martin hitting his senior year. Who the heck is NYJs new coach anyway... :?
Last edited by danlo on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i think Leinhart would best be a Jet and Young a Titan. Hawk belongs in NO. the Raiders should pick up Ferguson and team him with Robert Gallery to have the best tackles in the NFL. Patriots need ewither a linebacker or halfback.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Ainulindale
Giantfriend

Post by Ainulindale »

Big draft junkie here.

I'm hoping that somebody really messes up and chooses to reach on Cutler, and another player, so we can get in on a fairly decent draft class that has 7 Blue Chippers (my team Detroit , sit at #9). If not give me Mike Huff S/Cb from Texas, unless we trade down (which I'm hoping for).
Latest Interview: George R.R. Martin

The Bodhisattva
Fantasybookspot.com

Check out the first issue of Heliotrope - featuring articles by R. Scott Bakker, Jeff VanderMeer and more!

"I think it's undignified to read for the purposes of escape. After you grow up, you should start reading for other purposes" - M. John Harrison
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

Don't know much about football, but I thought I'd mention that my roomate's kid brother is in the draft this year....way down because he went to a division 3 school....last name Culbert.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We've got two really good players in the draft from New Mexico--RB DonTrell Moore who's all-MWC and was a Hiesman consideration at one point and WR Hank Baskett III both were monsters at their positions, played in the Senior Bowl and set many school records. Moore will probably go higher than Baskett. Then again I said great things about FB Jarrod Baxter, who played for the Texans, before injury and dumb coaching did him in. :roll: Oh, and of course Terrance Pennington 6' 7" 325lb OT ranked 24th in his position and projected 7th round. It's kinda hit or miss with New Mexico players and Baskett may not have NFL seperation speed-he's big and can really leap--might make an interesting TE convert. But always be on the lookout--every once in a while a Brian Urlacher, Robin Cole or Terrence Mathis pops out of here...
Last edited by danlo on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ainulindale
Giantfriend

Post by Ainulindale »

I just want to make a note about Mario Williams (The NC State DE who will o top 5). He went to high school 15 minutes down the road from where I did (although he is yougner than I am). Let me tell you, this kid is an absolute beast. You wouldn't think someone that big is as in shape is he is, he is absolutely a prototype who wikl demand a double team with his size/speed ratio. If he can be made to play all out, all the time, he has limitless poential.

While I love Reggie Bush, and think OT is the safest bet in the top 5 of any draft (Fergusun), and I think the TE Vernon Davis will have the biggest immidiate impact (he is a freak of nature), Mario Williams is as close as you get to a can't miss DE prospect, in a league where pass rushers are at a premium, and he isn't one of the tiny one dimensional variety (KGB or Freeney - both who are damn good, don't get me wrong). He is a Julius Peppers type physical talent (who played colege football down the road from me when I went to college)
Latest Interview: George R.R. Martin

The Bodhisattva
Fantasybookspot.com

Check out the first issue of Heliotrope - featuring articles by R. Scott Bakker, Jeff VanderMeer and more!

"I think it's undignified to read for the purposes of escape. After you grow up, you should start reading for other purposes" - M. John Harrison
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i'm hoping the Patriots can find a line backer, some depth at running back and a physical corner. Texans would be better off trading down, but they seem sold on Bush.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Dang! While I knew that Keyshawn is going to try to help Steve Smith in Carolina I must have been in hibernation this winter and never knew that Egderin James is now on Phoenix!!! 8O

Just heard that DonTrell Moore (UNM) is going very high in the 3rd round of many mock drafts and that the Patriots and Jets are VERY interested in him (among other teams such as the Ravens and Falcons). Actually Jarrod Baxter is now on Phoenix too...

Willie McGinest (NE) and Ted Washington (Oak) are now on Cleveland!? Wow--that's a D upgrade!
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i think McGinest and Washington are near the end. Chronicle reports that Bush asked the Texans for way too much money and they are talking with mario Williams to force the asking price down on Bush.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yeah, but on Cleveland anything's an improvement...especially with size--I agree, somewhat: I touted Washington on Oak last year...but he was just, well...there (not that the secondary helped him) I think he'll have one last good season (the coaching is actually much better on the Browns, believe it or not)...same goes for McGinest. I'm not sold on Bush by any means--although all the pundits would call me foolish.

Return to “Sports”