A Gift For The 'Tankers: Something to Cheer EVERYONE Up

Archive From The 'Tank
Plissken
Lord

A Gift For The 'Tankers: Something to Cheer EVERYONE Up

Post by Plissken »

“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I love that video. :D
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

:lol: :lol: That was great!!

I know how much time putting something like this together takes... this was a hobby for whoever did it. :)
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
- John Stuart Mill, English philosopher
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

:LOLS:
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

Apparently Bono approves.

Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

Wow - there's something I never thought I'd see. How can Bono look himself in the mirror every morning?
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I have a strong feeling the picture's not genuine... but reading some articles about the two meeting and sharing certain views, it looks like it probably is.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

Syl wrote:I have a strong feeling the picture's not genuine... but reading some articles about the two meeting and sharing certain views, it looks like it probably is.
I didn't actually read this article (Bush and Bono speakinga at a National prayer breakfast) but I couldn't resist the photo.

Yeah, I don't know how sincere either one of them are, but I assume Bono's African aids work--as well as Bush's--is probably behind this.

www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/0 ... -515h.html

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

bossk wrote:Wow - there's something I never thought I'd see. How can Bono look himself in the mirror every morning?
Maybe it has something to do with those rosey colored glasses he wears :)

Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

bossk wrote:Wow - there's something I never thought I'd see. How can Bono look himself in the mirror every morning?
I actually got to ask Bono about that awhile back (no, I'm not lieing - there was a Q&A period after a speech I saw him give) and he said, basically, "My goal was to get Third World Debt forgiven, not to engage him a political debate. If the man keeps his promises, I'll be happy."

(Or something like that - it was freakin' Bono, fer Chrissakes!)
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

There's an amusing similar-ish video out there somewhere of Bush and Blair singing Electric Six's "Gay Bar" to each other...can't find it now though! :(
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Hey!! I already posted a link there over a week ago.
:wink:
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time

Return to “Coercri”