A Game of Guesses *Spoiler Warning*

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

I choose:

Illyrio for sure - he thinks he's still dealing with a little girl, he'll give Dany a reason to kill him (one of the prophesied betrayals?)

Cersei - she's obviously not as sneaky as she thinks she is - even Kevan is outthinking her these days.

One of Bran's swamp friends (it's killing me not to have the book here to look up their names).

Roose Bolton - I'm with everyone else on the son angle.

Robert Arryn - This little snot won't inherit squat, I'm certain.

I also think the Knight of Flowers is a goner unless he gets some juicy bits. No fair choosing Ser Gregor, as he is dead one way or another. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he survives just to piss me (and Arya) off.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

as to illyrio
Spoiler
if you read the spoiler chapters he's well aware of how dnay has evovled and changed.

dont forger illyrio and varys *planned* the death of tywin and the sending of tyrion to dany.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

OsRavan wrote:as to illyrio
Spoiler
if you read the spoiler chapters he's well aware of how dnay has evovled and changed.

dont forger illyrio and varys *planned* the death of tywin and the sending of tyrion to dany.
I hope this is explained in Feast, because I certainly wouldn't have come to that conclusion on my own... except I was thinking that's where Tyrion was headed, anyway, but that seems obvious.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

Spoiler
if you were asking me you hope its explained how varys arranged tywins murder go back and take a closer look at the chapter.

1) we know varys has been arrnaging for people to come to dany. ex barristan. he suggests to cercie that she sack barristan then aranges to ship barristan to dany. we knwo for a fact hes helping dany from his convo with illyrio btw.

ok. so now the tyrion chapter. he knows the story of tysha. he listens in while jaime tells him what tywin did. then tyrion asks for the secret passage to tywins room. what does varys think tyrion is going to do? give tywin a hug? he broke tyrion out to go to dany. we know that. but tyrion asks for directiosn to tywins room. and what does varys do? "ohh no! i couldnt possibly tell you... go 30 steps up..." "ohh really please dont do this... third passageway on your left" heh. i mean come on.

if your reffering to my comment on illyrio being aware dany has changed thats spelled out in feast for crows. or actually at this point dance with dragons (since tyrions pov has been pushed back an extra book) but in the first tyrion chapter he has a discussion with ilyrio talking about his options and asks illyrio for a description of dany which he promptly gives. saying specificly she was scared when he met her but seems to have since changed
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm wondering - when should we put the results up for this? I could post them now if I wanted, but I'd guess people would want to wait until the book is out in more places, esp since they need to read the book before they can look at the results, heh. Maybe after the US release?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

The results are Murrin that YOU are the winner, for you are the only one who guessed even one death correctly - Maester Aemon.

:nanaparty:
GO MURRIN! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! NOT FOR REAL REAL! JUST FOR PLAY PLAY!
:nanaparty:
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Hmm. I'd say there's some ambiguity, actually. Is Gregor alive? Is Lancel? How do we define "alive"?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Of course Lancel is alive - he's gone to take possession of his new castle. Jaime visits him there and discovers that he's become very devout.

As for Ser Gregor - Qyburn says he's still alive. Even if he's not, that would give you two correct guesses to anyone else's one, which would still make you the winner.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

There are hints that Lancel might be like Catelyn or Beric Dondarrion; more like undead than alive.
It wasn't about who won; I agree that it wouldn't change the result. I just wanted to bring up the fact that in a number of cases it's not clear if someone has died or not. (Sorry for trying to start a discussion in an inappropriate thread, heh.)

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”