A Quick Reminder.

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

Warmark
Lord

A Quick Reminder.

Post by Warmark »

In AFFC we hear that Ser Davos Seaworth has been captured by the Manderly's, can anyone remind me how he ended up there in the North. Did he travel with Stannis? The last thing i remember him doing is being rescued from the Blackwater.

I dont have the books here to find out and its been bugging me for a few days. :evil:

Cheers.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Here are the chapter summaries for A Storm of Swords:
members.aol.com/vbkorik27/summary/ASOS.htm
Spoiler
After being rescued, he was imprisoned for a time then released and named Stannis' Hand.
Davos begins learning to read from the Maester, and because of this finds out about the letter from Maester Aemon about the Wildlings and the Others. He also participates in the removal of Edric Storm from Dragonstone to save the child from Melisandre. When Stannis threatens to kill him for this, he tells him about the letter.
Stannis shows up in the North at the end--showing that Stannis had listened to Davos--but the Onion Knight is not with him.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Spoiler
It also mentions in a (Jon?) chapter that Stannis sends the Onion Knight to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea to help defend the coast, but I never read how he ends up with the Manderlys. However, I am quite certain this is a ruse. First I believe that he is the hero returned from the sea, and the Manderlys are too honorable to kill an emissary anyway. The only proof they offer is that some Freys see the hand with its shortened fingers, and we know what there word is worth, and they don't seem the brightest either.
-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Spoiler
I see it as a ploy also. If they have listened to him, then it is likely they will keep him locked away to avoid word of him being there getting out, and spread the word of his execution to assert their loyalty to King's Landing and make sure those who knew of Davos' arrival would not be suspicious.
Just look at the number of times he's managed to talk himself out of a cell so far.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

In the chapter George read at Bubonicon, a year and a half ago, it's tell's of how Davos
Spoiler
ends up at White Harbor and what happens to him there. Since this chapter is not in Crows I assume we'll eventually find out that Mandelly is lying to the throne...
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”