Dieting

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Landwaster wrote:well add some lemon then sheesh :p :D ;)
Sorry I did not mean to devalue your suggestion. Just that every doctor/nurse/nutritionalist I have seen in the last two years has told me to drink plain water and I have had to explain that I don't like plain water like 12 times!!!!!!!! :crazy:

The thyroid test came back clean so I went to gym last night and did 30 min on a stair stepper. Me and Syl went to check out the local YMCA also. The membership cost more money than I thought so I guess I will have to stick to the free Navy gyms. They had all kinds of neat at the Y but it's like 70 bucks a month for the both of us. The Navy gym has aerobics classes too but they only have one beginer class a week and I can't make it to that one :( We will go back to the YMCA in Janurary when I am done spending money on guitar lessons. I guess I can just stick to the equipment till then. The doctor said if I elavate my heart rate 3x a week for 30min at a time that should work. I am willing to give it another shot. :cross: Here's to hard work and hoping. :)
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

*takes hat off to hellfire*

you go girl! ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Hellfire wrote:
Landwaster wrote:well add some lemon then sheesh :p :D ;)
Sorry I did not mean to devalue your suggestion.
No need to apologise :)
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

I just got back from a healthsurvey (mainly to check on the workers ergonomical condition, but also health in general) where I found out I have to loose 15kg (around 30pound I think)... Horror! :cry: And still I have really tried to stay of fat and carbohydrates for over a year now. The only time I acctually lost weight was when I worked for 8 days in a row with only 1 hour of continous sleep 3-5 times a night (lost 8kg in 8 days, felt terrible). I think it must have been a lot of lost water, because the lost weight came back in 2 weeks afterwards.

(The sensmoral of this story is that the best way to loose weight in extremely short time is to stop drinking. You will however suffer from headace, memoryloss and other unpleasent things during this process. You might also lose, not only weight but, some of your oldest friends along the way since they will not talk to you after you have called them names (which, by the way, you will not recall, having lost your memory))
SLATFATF...
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Ylva Kresh wrote: (The sensmoral of this story is that the best way to loose weight in extremely short time is to stop drinking. You will however suffer from headace, memoryloss and other unpleasent things during this process. You might also lose, not only weight but, some of your oldest friends along the way since they will not talk to you after you have called them names (which, by the way, you will not recall, having lost your memory))
Dehydration is bad for you. :x Losing weight is not worth those nasty side effects when there are healthier and more effective altenatives. Please don't say that you are actually going to consider doing this. "Water weight" is good. It's the fat tissue you want to lose. Keep the water along with your friends :wink: :)

I need to lose the same amount..... WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ylva Kresh wrote:
(The sensmoral of this story is that the best way to loose weight in extremely short time is to stop drinking. You will however suffer from headace, memoryloss and other unpleasent things during this process. You might also lose, not only weight but, some of your oldest friends along the way since they will not talk to you after you have called them names (which, by the way, you will not recall, having lost your memory))
LOL :haha: i laugh so heartily cos i am sensing sarchasm here .. I think ylva is being facetious (sp?) not serious ..

but if Ylva you are serious .... :x then you cant be serious!! LOL .. you guys can have a weight off <kinda like a bake off ;) but different ;) >
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

oops :oops: ... Skyweir is absolutely right, my last remark above was written with quite a large amount of sarchasm... (nevertheless true, I´m afraid, but I have gotten most of my old friends back now :wink: )

:!: Do no try "the dehydration technique" at home, kids! :!:
SLATFATF...
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Actually it was reported in the paper here yesterday that drinking beer actually has no effect on obesity at all ... apparently its just all a coinkidink!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I think she meant fluids, rather than alcohol, Mr Kevin :P Hence "dehydration" ;) I suppose, depending on your alcohol intake, you might consider no beer as "dehydration" :lol:

As for beer having no effect, I struggle to believe that having a belly when I drank two or three pints a night, and that belly diminishing once I stopped drinking, is coincidence :|
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

With "no effect" I assume they mean "no effect to decrease obesity"??? I have however heard that Cider is far worse than beer (even more sugar)... -sob- bye Strongbow, Gaymers and Bulmers :cry:
SLATFATF...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

It's a commonly held belief that beer makes people fat, I assume that's the what Landwaster was denouncing... But he's wrong :P
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Ylva Kresh wrote:oops :oops: ... Skyweir is absolutely right, my last remark above was written with quite a large amount of sarchasm... (nevertheless true, I´m afraid, but I have gotten most of my old friends back now :wink: )
:!: Do no try "the dehydration technique" at home, kids! :!:
OK from now on if you are kidding YOU HAVE TO SAY SO!!!! :|

Syl did the shopping the other night and he brought home 2 bags of Orio cookies, white bread instead of wheat and 2% milk instead of 1%. Oh for shame :( :roll: ......... I dumped half of the Orios in the garbage after eating a few. :P He is as fit as can be and has nothing to worry about but I think he will soon if I keep sending him to do the shopping. :)
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

Hellfire wrote:
OK from now on if you are kidding YOU HAVE TO SAY SO!!!!
:oops: I am truly sorry! From now on I will try, sincerely, I will try! It is just that I am a terrible negative and sarcastic person and it slips out of me every now and then, if I´m not on my guard... (I have heard that my generation (70-ies) sometimes is called the sarcastic generation, perhaps that´s why)

Hoom... perhaps i shall invent an emoticon which means ".......not!". Or try to change. :wink:
SLATFATF...
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

CovenantJr wrote:It's a commonly held belief that beer makes people fat, I assume that's the what Landwaster was denouncing... But he's wrong :P
No they said it in the paper and therefore it must be correct. :lol:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hellfire wrote:

Syl did the shopping the other night and he brought home 2 bags of Orio cookies, white bread instead of wheat and 2% milk instead of 1%. Oh for shame :( :roll: ......... I dumped half of the Orios in the garbage after eating a few. :P He is as fit as can be and has nothing to worry about but I think he will soon if I keep sending him to do the shopping. :)
:haha: :haha: you go girl!! just cos he can eat what he wants he .. doesnt mean he should if you can't!!!

8) i hear ya .. i do ;)

lol you show him .. put the family on infelices soup diet ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Hey good idea. Soup for all!!!!!!!! ha ha :twisted:

I guess I should have mentioned his half of the Orios still remain. They are the kind I don't like anyway so they are safe. 8)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:twisted: :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Galley”