House of M

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

House of M

Post by A Gunslinger »

Read the House of M TPB this weekend.

I Liked the art and story, but was shocked at the lack of true resolution. In the end, most of the earth's mutants were undone...powerless by the Scarlett Witch.

What happened after that? Anyone know?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

The first rule of House of M is you're not allowed to talk about House of M. Fortunately, I'm not too good with rules. The Scarlet Witch went on and pretty much destroyed the Avengers right after M, but they got better, just in time for the stupid Civil War crap. Wanda is currently living in her European hometown with no memories of any of this. The Mutants are still mostly powerless, but the current X-Factor storyline (and presumable Uncanny X-Men) seem to be dealing with that. Quicksilver (Wanda's brother Pietro) seems to be able to restore everybody's powers , but the process so far has killed everyone he's tried it on.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

dANdeLION wrote:The first rule of House of M is you're not allowed to talk about House of M. Fortunately, I'm not too good with rules. The Scarlet Witch went on and pretty much destroyed the Avengers right after M, but they got better, just in time for the stupid Civil War crap. Wanda is currently living in her European hometown with no memories of any of this. The Mutants are still mostly powerless, but the current X-Factor storyline (and presumable Uncanny X-Men) seem to be dealing with that. Quicksilver (Wanda's brother Pietro) seems to be able to restore everybody's powers , but the process so far has killed everyone he's tried it on.
How was it that SOME of them kept their powers...was it due to Emma Frost's influence at the point of the event? The mutants who were THERE seem unaffected.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

A Gunslinger wrote:
dANdeLION wrote:The first rule of House of M is you're not allowed to talk about House of M. Fortunately, I'm not too good with rules. The Scarlet Witch went on and pretty much destroyed the Avengers right after M, but they got better, just in time for the stupid Civil War crap. Wanda is currently living in her European hometown with no memories of any of this. The Mutants are still mostly powerless, but the current X-Factor storyline (and presumable Uncanny X-Men) seem to be dealing with that. Quicksilver (Wanda's brother Pietro) seems to be able to restore everybody's powers , but the process so far has killed everyone he's tried it on.
How was it that SOME of them kept their powers...was it due to Emma Frost's influence at the point of the event? The mutants who were THERE seem unaffected.
No, apparently the pattern was random, IIRC... several mutants who were not there during the final stand retained their powers, and others who were there lost them.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Have Magneto and Xavier recovered their powers yet? I know they lost them.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Lord Mhoram wrote:Have Magneto and Xavier recovered their powers yet? I know they lost them.
Xavier lost his powers and regained use of his legs (which he said was proof that Wanda had intentionally targeted him, since no other disabled person had reported a miraculous healing). Magneto was depowered at first, but then the Collective (the energy of all depowered mutants, controlled by Xorn's disembodied consciousness and channeled through another mutant) restored him telling him that the world needs Magneto. However, IIRC he later was captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. (and didn't the helicopter he was in explode?).

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”