Pantheon 2.0 - Bhakti and Nor Yekith

Moderator: Xar

Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Pantheon 2.0 - Bhakti and Nor Yekith

Post by Bhakti »

Others of the Pantheon do not like to be bothered listening to Yek and I talk. I thought we could do so here, and the rest of you can simply ignore us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nor Yekith wrote:
Bhakti wrote:If your sources said I have a child, they are wrong.
No, that your wife is pregnant. You have my congratulations if she is.
Ah. Well then. I am not Malice, and webs of lies are more difficult for me to weave and manage, so I will not try. Yes, Jove is pregnant. (I won't say when it is expected. On the outside chance you do not learn of that immediately, I will have at least one secret from you. :lol:) But now that I know you know, my plans go on as they were. I will do all I can to prevent you and your Womb from finding, taking, and harming my child.

However, now that your knowledge of my child is public knowledge, I will make a promise to you equally public... You have repeatedly promised my destruction. My child could be used in any number of ways to hasten your goal. I do not know how your followers act or feel toward their children. Perhaps they do not Love them, and do not particularly care what happens to them. But look to other lands. Most creatures, even the lower animals who do not think or feel in ways that we do, go to considerable lengths to protect their offspring. And most thinking creatures, on the whole, do Love their children. And, when their children are threatened or harmed, they go much farther.

I say upfront that if I learn you or your Womb have put the least Power, or even effort, into learning my child's whereabouts; if either of you use any Power in my lands, for any reason (because I cannot know what long-term effects you plan for your uses of Power) - every bit of my divine Power will be immediately directed toward you.

Regarding your followers: You and I have no peaceful reasons to be in each others' lands, and that will not change. If either of you attempt to send any of your followers to my lands, under any pretenses, I will consider it an attempt to harm my child, and, again, every bit of my divine Power will be immediately directed toward you.

Any plans you make had better completely devestate me in your first strike so I lose too much Power to be of any bother to you after. Of course, I'm sure you're already laughing at the thought of me directing Power at you. Doubtless, you do not think I can do anything to bother you. After all, if I had the ability to harm you, wouldn't I have done so when you invaded or infected my lands? No. I could see that those situations could be resolved through other means. They did not threaten me or my lands in a permanent way. The physical damage and insult of each was not worth full-out war, which, I have not the slightest doubt, is what would happen if any other god ever did either to you. But I am Love, and look for a more Loving peaceful resolution, even at the expense of my pride.

However, make no mistake, I have an amount of Power that even you should not consider negligible, and, when properly motivated, I will show the universe how a parent protects its child.

My apologies, Jove, for beginning such a conversation without your presence or input. But I wanted to make all things clear right from the start.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

Actually it is in my interests to allow the child to be born. Yes, I allow it. Do not worry, for I will not transform its flesh. But you realise this is the first child produced between the union of two gods? Think on who will benefit.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I will have at least one secret from you.
The baby is a tree isn't it??????????????

But on a more serious note:

:whip: both of you back to the game thread! We'll have no splitters in this game please!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Stonemaybe wrote:
But on a more serious note:

:whip: both of you back to the game thread! We'll have no splitters in this game please!

HEAR!! HEAR!!

:::unless the AllFather suggested it:::
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

No, the continued groans from our divine siblings suggested it.

In any case, Yek, I almost - almost - thank you for not spewing forth with the usual, "Oh, I'm am so misunderstood. To think that I could want harm for any baby!!!" Of course, since your actions toward me and mine will, eventually, speak for themselves, as they often have in the past, I do not thank you. Nevertheless, points for honesty. :D
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

No Bhakti. It is not actions against your baby. It is the baby's birth that has consequences for a certain god. This is a passive benefit for me.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

The birth of a baby has its benefits for all of society - even a divine society. We are overjoyed at the news and I for one, am happy that all can profit by the birth of our baby.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Yes, Yek, I understand how the goddess of Birth would benefit from this. Such is obvious. However, her benefit would be the same whether or not you managed to mutate our child in utero, and after the initial benefit of the Birth is over, there is no reason to think either of you will not attempt to harm or kill the baby. These are the things I am discussing.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

I have no desire to mutate your baby.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Say what you will. (And do not think the fact that you have never included anything to the effect that you will not attempt to kill or kidnap my child has been missed.) As has been the case a few times in the past, your actions will speak for themselves.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

At least this thread wont be so empty anymore! :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Oh no!

I hope it's all kept in the Game thread!!
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Hey, Yek, your mother wears combat boots!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

:LOLS:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

A philosophical question:

If Bhakti falls in the forest, will anybody know?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Loremaster wrote:A philosophical question:

If Bhakti falls in the forest, will anybody know?
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

:LOLS:

Return to “Pantheon”