If you Could Kill One to Save One Who Would it Be?

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

If you Could Kill One to Save One Who Would it Be?

Post by A Gunslinger »

In the upcoming book, we know that there is death aplenty (and weeping) to be had. As we approach the occassion, let's examine which charaters we DEPSPERATELY WANT to live, and who we would KILL to bargain for them.

Obviously we all want Harry to live at the expense of LV...so lets not examine that (unless you must!)...let's try to concentrate of the supporting cast and other main characters.

For me, the choice is easy!

I want Snape to live. He is perhaps the most complex character in JKR's cadre, and if redemption is to be had...he should enjoy it, and enjoy it as the Defense of the Dark Arts instructor in perpetuity!

If it meant killing another character...then I say, be rid of the oaf and all around wet blanket Hagrid. Inever warmed up to his one-note affability nor his somewhat linear characterization. In fact, he sometimes frustrates and annoys the hell out of me.

Who do you all think should live and or die? :twisted: :biggrin:
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

HAGRID!! Noooo...

I want Lucius Malfoy gone. In exchange I'll give up...hmm...Arthur Weasley. I think Molly will turn out to be much more powerful than Arthur...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I would give up almost anyone for Neville to live, including Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and even Harry. 8O
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I would give up almost anyone for Neville to live, including Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and even Harry. 8O
Yes! Ditto. I don't care who lives or dies, other than Lupin, Neville and Snape. With Sirius and Dumbledore out of the picture, I'll give up anybody to see those three live.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Interesting...

I asked Beorn this. He didn't want to go "too main character" so he picked Crabbe's father for...

NEVILLE!!!

Oh..silly boy of mine...
storm
Giantfriend

Post by storm »

I definitely want to see Snape live, but if he were to die, it should be with much awesomeness and doing something heroic.

If i could bargain someone for him...i'd go the weasley twins and throw in a fake wand.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

F.E.M.A. "Ferocious Educational Medical Aptitude" -Esmer

"Honestly; by the end of the Chronicles Lord Foul isn't going to be the Despiser anymore (we all knew he had to come to an end), however I find it vexing that the only reason is because he feels unworthy of the title and resigns to let Linden take his badge, Illearth Stone, and the keys to Linden's Creche."-Revan
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

I'll see your twin weasleys and fake wand and raise you

8O

Minerva McGonagall

That character has fairly yet to shine yet has played a major-minor role in each of the books.

Plus I think she's gonna want to try for revenge, heard somewhere that she and Albus were secretly married now she wants Snape's blood
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I never liked Draco. But I have the feeling that he will be switched around in the end.
I hope Ginny makes it. And I've seen Hagrid marked for death a few times, but he might just scrape through. I've always liked Hagrid. I figured his death would get the tears rolling for me, possibly. Ron's dad also might not see the conclusion it. But I wouldn't mind seeing Percy bite it. I do want Lupin to live though.

Hmmmmmm...okay, Snape to die to save Ginny.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh! Oh! Yeah!!!

Have Percy bite it!

Ooo...now who in exchange for Percy...

:::he's supposed to be on the good side, right?:::

Uhm...Wormtail.
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

Menolly wrote:Oh! Oh! Yeah!!!

Have Percy bite it!

Ooo...now who in exchange for Percy...

:::he's supposed to be on the good side, right?:::

Uhm...Wormtail.
Percy is on the good side... he's just a misaligned anal retentive.

Saw a VERY interesting show called "The Secrets of Harry Potter" and in it they mentioned that Peter Pettigrew/Wormtail owes Harry a life debt, because he saved him from Lupin and Sirius. So question is while Pettigrew helped Voldemort become restored (partially) in GOF will he do a last minute gesture in TDH? Or is he going to be a total git and not attempt to repay the debt? Make for an interesting thread? No?
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

Snape is the only one I really care about. A lot of the other characters are so one-dimensional. I'd be willing to see just about anyone else go if it would save Snape, and I'd definitely be ready to trade about 70% (probably more) of the Weasleys. It's not that I dislike them -- it's just that they're all much less interesting than Snape. In fact, one of them needs to die. There are plenty of them, after all, and they've been really lucky so far: they get hurt, but no one ever dies. Mr. Weasley's snakebite caused no permanent damage. Sure, Bill got maimed, but the rest of the family has come away unscathed.
“...The conversations had a nightmare flatness, talking dice spilled in the tube metal chairs, human aggregates disintegrating in cosmic inanity, random events in a dying universe where everything is exactly what it appears to be and no other relation than juxtaposition is possible.”

“There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an overabundance.”

"Meantime we shall express our darker purpose."
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I hope Luna survuves too...I really like her. i'd trade Shamus for her.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

I bet Luna will make it. I think JKR said in an interview a while back that her favorite "new" character was Luna. And I don't see what purpose her death would serve.
“...The conversations had a nightmare flatness, talking dice spilled in the tube metal chairs, human aggregates disintegrating in cosmic inanity, random events in a dying universe where everything is exactly what it appears to be and no other relation than juxtaposition is possible.”

“There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an overabundance.”

"Meantime we shall express our darker purpose."
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I'd have sacrificed the lot for Dumbledore.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

stormrider wrote:I bet Luna will make it. I think JKR said in an interview a while back that her favorite "new" character was Luna. And I don't see what purpose her death would serve.
Her connection to death, seeing her mom die doing experimental magic, and be a source of comfort for Harry. She knows trippy things and seems to have a bit of an understanding of the veil. I see all this adding up to her death being meaningful, so, although I would like her to survive, I by no means am confident she won't die.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I would trade Ron to save Luna.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh Jenn...I so disagree with that one.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I would give up Cho for Hermione...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I couldn't care less if Cho bites it. :twisted:

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”