Balon's Progressive Review and General Comments

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

sindatur wrote:The biggest part of why Muggle Techonology isn't used is alot of it relies upon electricity, and electricity doesn't work in the magical world (I'm pretty sure I remember reading this)
Why do I not remember this?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I don't remember where I read it, but, pretty sure it's in an early book (maybe the first or second book)?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

sindatur wrote:I don't remember where I read it, but, pretty sure it's in an early book (maybe the first or second book)?
I just finished re-reading the first book (in prep for the DISSECTION!! :D ) and don't recall reading anything about electricity being a problem in the Wizarding world. Maybe it's in COS but I don't think it's ever been addressed.

Sigh...

Only a Dissection will tell...

can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.....

I mutter this under my breath and people ask me "can't wait for what?" and I say Dissection and they think I'm talking about frogs ... :roll: oh how trite!
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Thinking about it some more, it seems perhaps the Elctricity intereference comment comes from Ron, the first time Harry visits the Burrow and has the Wireless radio explained to him?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”