Question requiring having read HBP

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Heh.

Nawww...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I've been thinking about this, too, and I agree with you guys that McGonagall is the obvious choice for Headmistress. I dunno how much say the Ministry has in the running of Hogwarts -- seems like a lot of folks were scandalized when Fudge put Umbridge in, like the Ministry was sticking in its nose where it didn't rightfully belong. Hopefully McGonagall will get the position permanently.

I agree, too, that Harry will probably spend part of the year at Hogwarts. And I think y'all are right that one of the Horcruxes is there.

We'll all know in a week! :S

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Oh! Can't wait!

I'm still reading HBP though, but I wish it was coming out tonight. I'm right at the end, and if I put some time in today, I could finish it before the midnight sale. But now I'm going to have to wait a week, and I'm sure I'll not make it through the weekend without finishing it. Anybody suggest a book a medium speed reader could finish in a week?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Cagliostro wrote:Oh! Can't wait!

I'm still reading HBP though, but I wish it was coming out tonight. I'm right at the end, and if I put some time in today, I could finish it before the midnight sale. But now I'm going to have to wait a week, and I'm sure I'll not make it through the weekend without finishing it. Anybody suggest a book a medium speed reader could finish in a week?
Cag, I know several posters, both here and on the Hanger, who are pushing me to read the EarthSea series when I finish with the DT cycle. They are supposedly terrific stories in fairly quick reads. If you have not read them yet, that would be my recommendation, to start with A Wizard of EarthSea and go from there.
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

MacGonnagal appears to have been Acting Headmistress at the end of HBP. What would have happened next is anyone's guess, save for events in DH.
Spoiler
Rowling herself has indicated that MacGonnagal later became Headmistress, but that by the epilogue "Nineteen Years Later" she had eventually retired.
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

I know we are well past teh time when this comment would have been useful, but it would be a mistake to assume anything about the content of the books on their subtitles, since they were not given to them by JKR.

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”