Pantheon - Rules Feedback Thread

Moderator: Xar

Mynaesos
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mynaesos »

"At the heart of racism is the religious assertion that God made a creative mistake when He brought some people into being”
-Friedrich Otto Hertz

“In order to get beyond racism, we must first take account of race. There is no other way. And in order to treat some persons equally, we must treat them differently.”
-Harry A. Blackmun
“Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
by strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
and when the borders bleed we watch with dread
the lines of ink along the map turn red.”
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I think the claim that it would "inject racism" is definitely inflated. And so what if race X hates race Y in the game? Think y'all are making mountains outta molehills myself. *shrug*
Agreed, Avatar. Agreed.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Avatar wrote:I think the claim that it would "inject racism" is definitely inflated. And so what if race X hates race Y in the game? Think y'all are making mountains outta molehills myself. *shrug*

--A
thank you.

no one is playing their PEOPLE anyway so what does it MATTER whether they're racists or not??

do any of your (meaning the general you) characters even SPEAK to any other characters in the game??? if so i haven't seen that. i'd like to see MORE of it. i'd like to see the characters interacting with one another but no one ever posts anything like that. all i ever see in the game thread (with the exception of quarterly updates on dragon stuff) is bickering gods.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Lucimay wrote: all i ever see in the game thread (with the exception of quarterly updates on dragon stuff) is bickering gods.
:biggrin:

...there hasn't been any weyr updates in awhile though...
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

All races are equal in the eyes of the Great Lord. There are only two kinds of mortal: those who follow the way of Peace, and those who do not yet follow the way of Peace.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I can see, Bel, that you and I are going to have some interesting conversations considering that nature is rarely peaceful. Heh.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

But, my sister; the appropriate knowledge can influence, nay - master nature! *bows*
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Devaguhya wrote:But, my sister; the appropriate knowledge can influence, nay - master nature! *bows*
Let's see how your books react to a good, heavy dowsing of spring rainstorms! :D
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Vrees
Servant of the Land

Post by Vrees »

Racism is the result of fear. Yes there will be much racism!! MUA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Follow me, or you will know Fear like you never imagined. But if you follow me, I will give you power over all others. You will rule the world!
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Calais wrote:I can see, Bel, that you and I are going to have some interesting conversations considering that nature is rarely peaceful. Heh.
Nature knows Peace, in its own way. It is those possessed of conscious souls who sow discord, and must be shown the correct path. Perhaps you need instruction in these matters - submit yourself to Peace, and the Great Lord will guide you.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Nature knows Peace but it isn't Peace incarnate, for it also knows Violence. It would be more accurate to say that Nature is Balance.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Nature knows Peace but it isn't Peace incarnate, for it also knows Violence. It would be more accurate to say that Nature is Balance.
Well said, Tawhiri-matea. Nature is balance and knows both violence and peace.
- submit yourself to Peace, and the Great Lord will guide you.
But, my sister; the appropriate knowledge can influence, nay - master nature! *bows*
I can see that the egos are quickly rising up again. But that is alright. It is in your nature to be full of ...er....yourselves.

Bel, submitting to peace would be the doom of Nature. This will not happen.

Deveguhya, even the god of knowledge should know that Nature of all things cannot be influenced nor mastered and anything that tries is surely a fool. But, I cannot expect anything less from a male. It is your nature to be foolish.

Heh, Vrees and Tawhiri-matea are the only males who speak sense. :wink:
Vrees
Servant of the Land

Post by Vrees »

Calais, you appear to be wiser than most. I may spare your followers from the terror the world will be put through.
Follow me, or you will know Fear like you never imagined. But if you follow me, I will give you power over all others. You will rule the world!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Tawhiri-matea wrote:
Devaguhya wrote:But, my sister; the appropriate knowledge can influence, nay - master nature! *bows*
Let's see how your books react to a good, heavy dowsing of spring rainstorms! :D
*bows with a flourish* Ahhh, my brother Tawhiri-matea; I would put my books away and enjoy the clean rains of spring!! *chuckles*
Vrees wrote:Racism is the result of fear. Yes there will be much racism!! MUA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
*nods*Brother Vrees; you may find that, Knowledge doth efface fear.
Calais wrote:...
Deveguhya, even the god of knowledge should know that Nature of all things cannot be influenced nor mastered and anything that tries is surely a fool. But, I cannot expect anything less from a male. It is your nature to be foolish.

Heh, Vrees and Tawhiri-matea are the only males who speak sense. :wink:
*laughs heartily* Ahhh, sister!! It appears you like the strong violent type!! And mastered does not mean control, rather harness and leveraged! As to foolishness *chuckles* Knowledge and even Wisdom does not preclude such! And perhaps from the males more than females even amongst deities. But time, and the birth of Pantheon 3.0 will tell the truth of it!!

*bows deeply*
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Well, it is natural to embrace knowledge but one god's knowledge is another god's foolishness.

Do not think to harness and leverage nature. You will be disappointed for you KNOW it cannot happen.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:lol: I hope P2 goes on for a looooooooooong time, so you clowns look... um... like clowns.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote::lol: I hope P2 goes on for a looooooooooong time, so you clowns look... um... like clowns.
:D

Well said.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Devaguhya wrote:*bows with a flourish* Ahhh, my brother Tawhiri-matea; I would put my books away and enjoy the clean rains of spring!! *chuckles*
And hope that the roof repairs from last winter were adequate... :D
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

The nature of life is to strive, to compete, most for survival, some for supremacy. Life is struggle against the uncaring universe...and struggle is war.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

*bows* War also requires Knowledge, brother uKulwa. Perhaps we will have some dealings!

Return to “Pantheon”