Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

"Don't touch me!"? or "I FEEL GOOD!"?

TC is "reborn" but still a leper
39%
TC is "reborn" and leprosy free
26%
TC is "reborn" but still an alloy of WM and Venom
19%
Leprosy? What's leprosy got to do with the 3rd Chron? SRD dropped it and so should you.
16%

Total votes: 31

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

"Don't touch me!" or "I FEEL GOOD!"?

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

So what do you think?
Linden literally recreates TC at the end of FR.
Do you think she left out the leprosy part or not?
I have no idea!
I'm thinking he's still a leper because even his clothes are still in the same state as before he died.
But if she recreated a "snapshot" of the way TC was at the end of WGW he was also fused with Venom before Foul burned it out of him.
She could heal his leprosy with the Law that is available to her now so it's not much of a big deal but even the Elohim couldn't/dared not heal his Venom.

I'm going with he's leprosy free just because it would be a nice change to see how SRD handles it.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I will dare to agree with you HLT. 8O :biggrin:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
The na-Mhoram
Stonedownor

Post by The na-Mhoram »

I disagree--he was reborn with his halfhand, and Linden thinks something along the lines of "even his halfhand was such a part of him that he retained it." That's an awful quote but I'm at work and don't have th book handy. Handy lol. But yeah, if his halfhand is such a part of him that he retains it after his re-birth, I don't see why his leprosy wouldn't too. Of course, hurtloam is plentiful in the Land again, so it's nothing some gold flecked mud won't fix up in a jiffy--if he allows it.

Here's the real question; will Linden tell TC that Leprosy has been cured since he died?
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Ach! I don't have the book with me but wasn't there a line when she was calling him up about not needing the body to do so. If so, she's calling up the after death Covenant where the venom was burned out.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Nice topic HLT.. that has got me thinking.

Covenant saids something when he comes back. To Linden and I don't think it was because of what the Elohim said but Linden may have brought him back as a leper.

She meets TC when he was a leper. She has never knew him before his illness. She has know him before the vemon, so she uses the only memory blueprint to bring him back without the uncontrollable power of venom.

But he's still a leper.

Now if she uses hurtloam, well poor old TC is going to be a bit starved for some lovin. It been 3500 years. But instead of Lena, you have Linden, a former lover.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
High Lord Tolkien

Ur Dead wrote:
Now if she uses hurtloam, well poor old TC is going to be a bit starved for some lovin. It been 3500 years. But instead of Lena, you have Linden, a former lover.
Actually with the Laws of Death and Life broken he could have both Lena and Linden at the same time.

It's funny thinking about TC's past loves though:

Joan: normal then insane
Lena: normal then insane
Linden: insane then more insane

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

I think that if TC came back with Leprosy intact, I wouldnt buy it very well. I think he will come back as he was when he dies, a fusion of WM and venom.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

once a leper, always a leper. ;)

the leper love song

i fall to pieces
each time i see you walkin
i fall to pieces
how can i be just your friend
you want me to act like we never kissed
you want me to forget
pretend we never met
and i tried and i tried but i haven't yet
you walk by and i fall to pieces
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

But at the end of White Gold Wielder, he said that Foul did for him the one thing he couldn't do for himself....burned the venom out. when he was WM, flesh, and Venom intermingled, he COULD have become the arch of time..but the arch would have been based equally on Wild Magic AND Lord Foul's Venom, which would have made the Land a bad place. So, maybe he still is Wild Magic, but the Venom was burned out. I think he's just Thomas Covenant, leprosy-free.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

I think "Timewarden" Covenant will be a little transcendant. After all, he is over 3000 years old now, and hasn't been alive in the strictest sense. Covenant *is* the white gold. I am not sure how much having a corporal form will limit (or refine) his power.
Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

Equally intriguing I think: Will TC take the Ring back (I assume Linden will offer it). I can see that one going either way.

I also think TC and Linden will go separate ways in the next book: TC to do something about the Worm, probably leaving the Land-- there's a Giantship handy, and he alreeady prophesied that Martiir would leave the Land. Linden of course has Jeremiah to rescue still, though I'm not sure how she's going to deal with her responsibility over the Worm. I also think that TC will have no idea where Jeremiah is.
Eventually TC is going to try to rescue Joan as well, though whether that happens next book or the in the last one I don't know.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I vote that he's still a leper. Foul burned the venom away at the end of WGW so that can't be true, and the leprosy was still present after TC's immersion into the Banefire.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

good point, Dlb.

[edit] Alex -- damn, thats a great point!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Aleksandr wrote:Equally intriguing I think: Will TC take the Ring back (I assume Linden will offer it). I can see that one going either way.

I also think TC and Linden will go separate ways in the next book: TC to do something about the Worm, probably leaving the Land-- there's a Giantship handy, and he alreeady prophesied that Martiir would leave the Land. Linden of course has Jeremiah to rescue still, though I'm not sure how she's going to deal with her responsibility over the Worm. I also think that TC will have no idea where Jeremiah is.
Eventually TC is going to try to rescue Joan as well, though whether that happens next book or the in the last one I don't know.
:goodpost:

Then maybe we'll have 2 separate story lines, like in TIW and TPTP.
High Lord Tolkien

Whoa!
My brain is whirling with possible Chronicle ending scenarios!

I see a touching, loving, and forgiving reunion between Covenant and a rescued Joan.
And Linden finding and saving her mentally restored son who loves her back as much in return.

Roger's going to die a horrible hate filled death though.

And then TC is going to wake up, of course.

Image Image Image Image
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Whoa!
My brain is whirling with possible Chronicle ending scenarios!

I see a touching, loving, and forgiving reunion between Covenant and a rescued Joan.
And Linden finding and saving her mentally restored son who loves her back as much in return.
That's way too happy for SRD! ;)
Krilly
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Krilly »

Yeah, the venom is definitely gone... however I'm unsure how resurrecting him will affect his "one with wild magic" deal. I fear that Linden has undone everything Lord Foul did to TC and has made him merely human again--thus endangering the Arch even more so to Joan and her ring.

TC may reclaim his ring, allowing Linden to focus on the Staff, but their powers will do no good. TC's wild magic will only endanger the arch and Linden's Staff is hampered by Kevin's Dirt. To compound matters further, the Wurm is awakening and any battle against it spells victory for Lord Foul.

I'm certain Linden will want to give TC the ring, but I'm not sure whether he will (or can) accept it. Infelice will definitely be against that, and of course the Harrow will seek to snatch it away. Let's not forget the Masters too, whose doubts have been fulfilled by Linden... they will be... displeased.

And leprosy? I think TC's new body was entirely at the mercy of Linden. He was probably rebuilt as she remembered him...
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Meh, I think Joan's doomed. Her death will be euthenasia certainly. (Is she dead in the *real* world? Been a long time since I read RotE) I think it is a very possible that she will grant Covenant her white gold 1st though :)
Krilly
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Krilly »

Joan was struck by lightning in the real world, dead for certain.

Joan, Linden, Roger, and Jeremiah. All dead (or dying) in the real world. Their gambits in the Land will be seen to the end.
CT
Stonedownor

Post by CT »

Is Joan Linden's summoner? I think I remember Linden thinking this, but how? Is it b/c Joan gets hit by lightning first, then a few real-world minutes later the summons happens, so Linden assumes it's Joan doing the summons (controlled by Foul of course)? I get confused on this point.

Return to “Fatal Revenant”