Moderator: Xar

Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I will attempt to honor you, Forestal. *bows*

Hey, looks like it's about sunset where you are, eh? :D
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Hey!

Tawhiri-matea!!

...copy cat... ;)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Zephyr wrote:Shouldn't the Scarecrow be God of Fear? I mean... Lore, it's been your av at times! :lol:
DC Comics would sue me. Believe me, I would love to have a god of fear but I want to be more original. :)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

There are no unoriginal domains, just unoriginal deities. My confidence in your ability to do Fear in entirely unique ways is very high.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I'm struggling to understand how the domain of disease can be taken. Nobody's posted claiming it.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Actually, agriculture as a domain makes just as much sense for a scarecrow god. No reason why agriculture can't have a sinister connotation, either. If you don't take it, I'll probably be aiming for having it as a secondary domain for Ezltlicoatl, and he's certainly not going to be a very 'nice' deity.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Zephyr wrote:There are no unoriginal domains, just unoriginal deities. My confidence in your ability to do Fear in entirely unique ways is very high.
Thanks, Fist. :oops: Your comments are very much appreciated.

Nor sends his regards.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montressor wrote:Actually, agriculture as a domain makes just as much sense for a scarecrow god. No reason why agriculture can't have a sinister connotation, either. If you don't take it, I'll probably be aiming for having it as a secondary domain for Ezltlicoatl, and he's certainly not going to be a very 'nice' deity.
The funny thing is, Something Rotten in Kislev shows how a sinister deity of agriculture might be portrayed. Still, I have my eyes set on another domain.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

variol son wrote:I'm struggling to understand how the domain of disease can be taken. Nobody's posted claiming it.
My understanding is Disease has been taken by one who has been unable to get to the forums to post their deity, but has been in touch with the AllFather.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Loremaster wrote:
The funny thing is, Something Rotten in Kislev shows how a sinister deity of agriculture might be portrayed. Still, I have my eyes set on another domain.
Mmmm...I must admit, I have been sorely tempted to play a sinister Slavic-myth inspired deity, like a vile nature spirit akin to the Leshii, or the Vodyanoi.

Nevertheless, I'll stick with Eztlicoatl.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

O-gon-cho wrote:
variol son wrote:I'm struggling to understand how the domain of disease can be taken. Nobody's posted claiming it.
My understanding is Disease has been taken by one who has been unable to get to the forums to post their deity, but has been in touch with the AllFather.
Hmmm. Seems a little unfair, but I'm likely the only one who thinks so, so I'll shut up.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

variol son wrote:
O-gon-cho wrote:
Hmmm. Seems a little unfair, but I'm likely the only one who thinks so, so I'll shut up.
Ordinarily, I would agree. But since Argothoth's player has been sick for days now, and is currently unable to post on the forums - and since he had mentioned Disease as a domain for a long time now, and asked me whether it was still available when last I called him - I felt this to be an exceptional circumstance, and so I allowed him to "book" the domain, asking him to post his deity as soon as he can. I would have posted his claim, but I didn't know how he wanted to introduce his deity, so I refrained from doing so.

On to another matter, please notice that the Hall of Lost Worlds thread is strictly in-character, and that players who roleplay well in the thread may receive small in-game perks as a result ;)
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

*shrug* For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with it. Would hate to lose the domain I'd been planning for because of a sudden loss of access.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

uKulwa wrote:*shrug* For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with it. Would hate to lose the domain I'd been planning for because of a sudden loss of access.
True, but it's best if you post the idea as soon as possible. It's equally unfair to the person who didn't know of the idea who then posts it.
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Agree the earlier the better, to make things easier for the others.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Xar wrote:On to another matter, please notice that the Hall of Lost Worlds thread is strictly in-character, and that players who roleplay well in the thread may receive small in-game perks as a result ;)
*pout*

;)
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Brethren of the Sunrise Court.

Not all have visited our new gathering hall. Debate has been opened on choosing a Master of the Court. Your input is highly desired.

...unless the AllFather says to wait yet...
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

It has come to my knowledge that both the Sunset Court and the Sunrise Court have established forums of their own where their members can meet and discuss events. While I applaud such initiatives on the part of players, I also must say that organizing them without telling me - or without allowing him to access them freely - implies that the players view me as an enemy who should be kept in the dark.

We already saw what happened the last time more than half the Pantheon players plotted against one player and at the same time tried to keep this from me. We had a player who left the game, another one who felt guilty about it for weeks afterwards, and I do not intend on having such a situation show up again. Plus, some players who were never notified of the existence of such a forum or alternate avenue of discussion, once they found out, could have also felt the others didn't trust them and left the game. I'm glad it didn't happen, but it could have. Furthermore, having whole pieces of the game going on without my knowledge reduces, for example, my ability to enforce the Oaths.

Therefore, I request access to the forum of all Courts, so that I may know what is going on. If I am not given this access, then I do not want to listen to players complaining that their actions didn't go as they had planned with the other deities. I hope I made myself clear.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I agree with you entirely, Xar. It's my opinion that while the seperate discussion boards are a really good idea--as they lend themselves to the purpose you had when you created the Courts--they should not be used to keep you outside of things.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

*hanging head*

...aye AllFather...

At least I did not keep the existance of the forum I created a secret, even if I didn't wish to grant you access.

*accepting reprimand*

Return to “Pantheon”