Empires - The Clean Slate, a History of Empires

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Empires - The Clean Slate, a History of Empires

Post by Atrus »

The Clean Slate, a History of Empires

No one knew where the GalCol came from. Some said they were the last of a mechanical AI empire, others that they were the last of programmed banking tellers sent out from deep space still others thought of them as Gods.

Whatever their origins, no one disputed the fact that in one simple move, the GalCol had not only united all the galaxy in communication, but also asured their permanent place as the central point between all the species. For with one fell swoop, any one race could be denied access to the CC's, the galaxy-wide currency.

But the GalCol did not abuse their power. They stayed central, but as observers, except for one small change. From the first point in time when they met with each major race in the galaxy, all timelines were changed.

From that point on everything was either Before Contact or After Contact.
Last edited by Atrus on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~0 AC~
--The GalCol satelites enter each respective system in the galaxy, establishing an exchange of planetside currency to CC's and informing each race that they were not alone in the galaxy.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~.5 AC~
--Each of the major inhabited systems, save for the Krullen, sent out FTL capable ships to being to explore their, now expanded, horizons.
The Erkirithi-Sha: Galactic West
The Ross 154 Alliance: Gal. Northwest:
A large reddish sun lacking any habitable planets in orbit. Two gas giants, two frozen.
The Khatan Imperium: Gal. Southwest
The Free Traders: Gal. South
The Orions: Gal. East
The Children: Gal. East
The Delucrii: Gal. North and Gal. West

--Trade routes are established, and the newly formed money begins to exchange hands.
The Orions to The Free Traders
The Ross 154 Alliance to the Free Traders
Last edited by Atrus on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~1 AC~
--Yet MORE sentient civilizations are discovered, although, across an untravelable gap of space. In a twist of fate, for god or ill, these worlds are connected to the rest of galaxy through wormholes. The new civilizations name themselves:
the T'lesir
The Faceless Ones
The Triumverate of the Vishal
The Overmind

--In a classic misscomunication, that historians would later laugh at, trade routes are only set up on one side of the deals. Most of the fledgling routes collapse, save for the Ross 154 Alliance with the Free Traders.

--More exploration takes place,
The Ross 154 Alliance: Gal South and East
The Orions: Gal North
The Delucrii: Gal Northwest
The Faceless Ones: Gal Southwest
The Krullen: Gal East
T'lesir: Gal West and Northwest

--Forever remembered as the first known sentient species to spread themselves to more than the homeworld, the Delcruii and Erkirithi-Sha launch the colony ships. Prospect I from the Delcruii and a small fleet of smaller ships from the Erkrithi-Sha. This implies that they have found habitable worlds in their exploration, although neither has made public mention as of yet.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~1.5 AC~
~General~

--And then, in a move as swift as their entrance, the GalCol representatives left entirely. In their place they left small satelites for basic communications, but little else save for their legacy was left. Even less was found out about the GalCol and it's history, and to this day there are more rumors and theories than actuall evidence. But it cannot be denied that next to the various dieties in the galaxy, the Galactic Collumn affected the galaxy in ways no other can.

--The Surveyor Corporation (SurvCorp) has entered the galaxy, with an express goal of mapping the entirety of the giant place called home by so many new species. For a small fee, they will even rent our their services.

-- Against their wishes, the Ross 154 Alliance kills an artificial intelligence, Substrate Prime. The AI informed them of it's terrible pain, and against all argument to the alterior course, Prime insisted.

--The Galaxy begins to take the shape of the respective empires that claim parts of it. Names appear, and the various peoples begin to have more in common with each other as the names become more commonly known.
--The Ross 154 Alliance renames the star at F5 Adrastos
--The Ross 154 Alliance rename the planet at F5 Siiniisiilil in rememberance of the species that built Substrate Prime.
--The Krullen rename the planet at D2 Krullenia
--The Erkirithi-Sha rename the planet at G3 Itu Minor

~New Trade Routes~
--the Ross 154 Alliance to the T'lesir

~Exploration~
--The Triumverate of the Vishal: Gal Southwest
--Orions: Gal Northwest
--The Children: Gal Southeast
--T'lesir: Gal North
--The Overmind: Gal West
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~2 AC~
~General~

--And then in a blindingly quick moment, the galaxy was changed forever. Historians argue on both sides, that the finiding of Maelstrom was equal in importance to the arrival of the GalCol, while others see it only as the bloodiest planet in the universe. For over the course of years Maelstorm changed hands many times, though the Fountain of Youth slipped through fingers to many of the Empires now fully forming. Only one things was sure: Maelstrom was wanted by more than the Delucrii who found it.

~New Trade Routes~
--the Ross 154 Alliance to The Krullen and the Erkirithi-Sha
--the Erkirithi-Sha with the Free Traders, the Ross 154 Alliance and the T'lesir

~Exploration~
--The Triumverate of the Vishal: Gal South (R4)
--the Free Traders: Gal East and S.East (B6, 7)
--the Ross 154 Alliance: Gal North, N.East, S.West, S.East (E4, F4, F6, D6)
--the Erkirithi-Sha: Gal S.West, South, S.East (G4, H4, I4)
--the Khatan Imperium: Gal South (K5)
--the Delucrii: Gal N.East, East (I9, I10)
--the T'lesir: Gal N.East (M8 )
--the Krullen: Gal West, S.West, South, S.East (B2, B3, C3, D3)

~Colonization~
--the Faceless Ones: Gal S.West (K2)
--the Orions: Gal N.West (H6)
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~2 AC~
~General~

--Anoyying, yet talented, reporter G'Klek O'Doherty releases an interesting report (although one can never be sure how accurate such news can be. In said report, he listed the newly connected empires in order of two different topics, economic value and total population. Said lists follows:
Richest Empires (wealthist first, poorest last).
1. The Triumverate of the Vishal.
2. T'Lesir and the Free Traders.
3. Erkirithi-Sha and Ross 154 Alliance.
4. Delucrii.
5. The Faceless Ones.
6. The Hive Will.
7. Orions.
8. The Krullen Empire.
9. The Children.

Largest Populations
1. The Hive Will.
2. Orions.
3. The Krullen Empire.
4. The Children.
5. Delucrii.
6. Erkirithi-Sha.
7. The Triumverate of the Vishal.
8. The Faceless Ones.
9. T'lesir.
10. The Free Traders.
10. The Ross 154 Alliance.
(Research attributed to Professor Ha'Luu)

~New Trade Routes~
--Although it is certain that new routes were established at this time, none were public enough to be noticeable, save for a new agreement between:
--the Delucrii and the T'lesir which includes (what seems to be) joint rights to the Fountain of Youth on Maelstrom.

~Exploration~
--the Krullen: Gal South, S.West, S.East, Gal West. (C3, B3, D3, B2)
--the Erkirithi-Sha:Gal West, Gal East (F3, I3)
--the T'lesir: Gal East, Gal S.East (M9, M10)
--the Orions: Gal West, Gal South (H7, I8 )
--the Delucrii: Gal N. East (J9)

~Colonization~
--the Krullen: the planet at D2, Gal East.
--the Vishal: Gal South (R4)
--the Hive Will: Gal West (Q9)
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~2.5 - 3 AC~
~General~

--Strengthening their hold on the Fountain of Youth and Maelstrom the T'lesir and the Delucrii move in two ships to the system. The Delucrii sending a warship, and the T'lesir sending a yet unclasses ship. It cannot be understated the possibility for misunderstandings and destroyed ships this move poses. However, there has been little murmerings of any agressive action, so that has yet to be seen.

--As if SurvCorp did not make things more complex by uncovering Mealstrom a second catalyst has been introduced into the galaxy; Militant Reach Financiers. M.R.F. exists with the sole purpose of benefiting off of war with sale of arms. So much so in fact, that this group will actually fund militant operations of a race, although one wonders whether or not they will fund BOTH sides of a conflict.

--Perhaps the first sign that understanding can come of deeply different races, the Erkirithi-Sha have announced their hosting of the first ever Galactic Exhibition at the end of year 4.5. Exhibits include historical displays of Erkirithi culture, a biological display of the Ross 154 people and artwork from the T'lesir. The days will also be filled with open disccusion forums and presentation on various topics.

~New Trade Routes~
--the Erkirithi-Sha to the Triumverate of the Vishal

~Exploration~
--New Grid Blocks
K1
G2, H2, I2, L2, Q2
E3, J3, Q3
C4, S4
A5, B5
J6
G8, H8, J8, Q8, R8
F9, N9
K10, L10

~Colonization~
--the Erkirithi-Sha:Gal South, F3, Ikiribati
--the Ross 154 Alliance Gal North, E4, Endurance Beyond Expectations, Ebe.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~3.5 AC~
~General~

-- In a stroke of genius (either military or peaceable) the T'lesir claim Wardenship over the exit wormhole on the western side of the Gulf. As of that time no ships can exit or enter the wormhole without their knowledge.

--The governor of the Erkirithi-sha colony Itu-Minor, Liad-Ghor, was killed in a successfull assisnation attmept, apparently by the Krullen. Although the Erkirithi-sha do not believe this information to be accurate.

--The Empire of the Erkirithi-sha take gaurdianship, and controll of, the Khatan Imperium.

~New Trade Routes~
--No new trades were made public.

~Exploration~
--the Delucrii: E10, F7, F8, F10, J10, R5

~Colonization~
--the Delucrii and the T'lesir: Maelstrom, I10.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~4 AC~
~General~

--All at once the galaxy has changed shape, for new wormholes were ripped open at A3 and P8, near the empire of the Krullen. However, such an event is not without repercussions. At the time of the rip a massive wave through normal space was sent out with massive destructive force. The empires of the Children and the Orions are gone, only the Great Nebula left in their place, may they rest in peace.

-- The Triumverate of the Vishal, the Erkirithi-sha and the T'lesir make the first move towards unifying the galaxy under one fist, by announcing the TRIPARTITE ACCORD and taking owenership over the wormholes at N5 and R6. However, sole ownership is not their goal. Instead, they have announced that "Peaceable traffic through the wormholes shall be permitted."

--The Ross 154 Alliance denies recogniztion of the new Accord and, for now, seems to stand alone on the matter.

~New Trade Routes~
--No new trades were made public.

~Colonization~
--The Ross 154 Alliance :Crystal Beauty, F4
--The Faceless Ones: K1
--The Vishal: R5
--The Delucrii: I9
--The T'lesir: L8
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~ 4.5 AC~
~General~

--The leading economist journal, The Futurist, put out a new summary of power levels in the galaxy, in terms of population and sheer resources. The list is as follows:
Financial Power
1. The Free Traders
2. T'lesir
3. The Faceless Ones
4. Erkirithi-Sha
5. Krullen
6. Vishal
7. Delucrii
8. The Ross 154 Alliance
9. The Hive Will
10. The Khatani

Population Size
1. The Hive Will
2. Krullen
3. The Khatani
4. Delucrii
5. Erkirithi-Sha
6. Vishal
7. T'lesir
8. The Faceless Ones
9. The Free Traders
10. The Ross 154 Alliance
A few positions have changed since the last summary by Proffessor Ha'Luu.

--The Great Galactic Exhibition will soon be taking place on Utara-Mikud, hosted and sponsored by the Erkirithi-sha. It is a large step towards galactic unity, as various exhibits are sponsered by non Erkirithian donors.

~New Trade Routes~
--the Ross 154 Alliance to the Triumverate of the Vishal

~Exploration~
--M: 1, 2, 7
--N: 8

~Colonization~
--the Krullen: B2, Savage Planet
--The Erkirithi-sha: G3, Itu Major.
--The T'lesir: L10
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~ 5 AC~
~General~

--No galactic events were made public.

~New Trade Routes and Embassies~
--No new Routes or Embassies were made public.

~Exploration~
--E8, E9
--J1

~Colonization~
--The Erkirithi-sha: G2, Suhva-Alawi
--The Ross 154 Alliance: F5, Brink
--The Krullen: B3, Purity of Thought
--The Faceless Ones: M1
--The Delucrii: I8, The Fires of Heaven
--The Hive Mind: Q8
Last edited by Atrus on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~ 5.1 AC~
~General~

-- And then the ugly step-sister to massive influxes of income reared her head; inflation. And massive at that. Nearly every aspect of the galaxy increased in price, which includes loans from the GalCol.

--Enlightening, and at the same time, stomach churning, a transmission was received in open frequencies from the GalCol, apparently from the Column themselves. It gave great insight into what sort of intelligence was commanding the galactic-wide Banking system, and a sort of pecking order was made clear. Naturally, this will keep scientists busy for years to come.

--A second open message was broadcast to the galaxy, recreated here:
"We are the Mimi! Salutations to the aliens of the galaxy! We dwell on the world known as Jaramundji Mui (E8 ), and practice the art of Goori Naganburra (translation: Self-Moderation by the Fist). We fight, and fight well! We will fight for you if you will fight and defeat our greatest army - Koori Koori. One army will des
cend to Jaramundji Mui, without assistance from your warships, and fight Koori Koori on the plains of Nunanga. Defeat our soldiers and the Mimi will bow before you. The Mimi will then supply three armies to you! We are the greatest warriors in the galaxy - greater than the Krullen! But you must prove your worth to command us.

"We wait on Jaramundji Mui, and practice the Moderation of the Self, waiting for the proud warriors to descend from the skies."
Once would think the Krullen to have the best chance of beating such mighty creatures, though I am sure that many other galaxies will attempt.

--A new embassy built on Krullenia by the Ross 154 Alliance
--A new embassy built on Ross 154 by The Krullen

~Exploration~
--F1
--K7
--L4, L7
--N1
--R10
--S3, S5, S9

~ColF1onization~
--The Ross 154 Alliance at F5, Brink
--The T'lesir at M10
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~ 6 AC~
~General~

-- The galaxy was changed forever, the first galactic war had come. The Ross154 Alliance attacked the Erkirithi-sha, and in return the members of the Accord have declared war against the Alliance.

--Out of the endless blackness that separates galaxies came a new creature, the Stellarvores. They have told the galaxy that though they eat stars they do not wish to cause the death of our galaxy. In return for a Lv III technology to every Empire, they will feed for two years and then leave. They leave it to a majority galactic vote.

--No new routes or embassies were made public.

~Exploration~
--C6, C7
--D7
--G1
--N2
--O5
--S2, S6

~Colonization~
--Free Traders: B5
--The Faceless One: N1
--The T'lesir: M9
--The Hive Mind: R10
--The Erkirithi-sha: L4, Etem-Lir.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

~ 6.5 AC~
~General~

--The war between the Northern Sector Alliance and the Tripartite Accord continues unabated.

--The Stellavores leave the galaxy.

--Imperator the long lost induastrial remnants of Earth, has been found near the Ovvello, newcomers to the galaxy.

--The Ovvello Conclave appear in the galaxy, near to the past location of the Children.

--No new routes or embassies were made public.

~Exploration~
--A8, A10
--B7, B9
--C8, C9
--J2

~Colonization~
--The Delucrii: F10

Return to “Empires”