Do it
46%
Forget it
54%

Total votes: 13

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

It is Hedra Iren's final gift to Eiran in Pantheon 2. Each deity was allowed to give one last gift to the world/their followers before the game ended.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Yet it appears to no longer matter, for the gift is no longer to be found.

Ah Hedra...
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Bhakti wrote:Nietzsche?!? No wonder you're so screwed up!!!
:LOLS: jk ;)
LOL . . . more than you could possibly imagine . . . :lol:
Syl wrote: Yet some of you took that as an opportunity to just bash it, and some of you seem inclined to keep doing so, telling me how I should or should not react in the process.
Well, if that's how you want to interpret my comments, that's up to you.

I added my five cents because
A - it's my right (and, yes, I'm sorry I didn't post it in another thread - big deal).
B - criticism creates perspective that others can respond to. I may even have added a suggestion down the track, though that's irrelevant now. I certainly have no interest in doing so at this point, lest further of my comments are coloured as insults.
C - most importantly - I believed that if this law was passed it may make the game unplayable for me, therefore I was setting the grounds for a possible withdrawal from the game, so as not to surprise anyone if I did so.

As I very much doubt I'll convince you otherwsie, and as I certainly won't be convinced I had motivations which I did not, that is the last I will say on the matter.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

you are so argumentative!! :lol:

No wonder no Court will have you!!! :P
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Devaguhya wrote:you are so argumentative!! :lol:

:lol:

I will have no court! :D

And, yeah, I am argumentative . . . I'm a professional historian - it becomes instinct ;)
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Montressor wrote:
Devaguhya wrote:you are so argumentative!! :lol:

:lol:

I will have no court! :D
*nod*

This is true. As G-d of the Sun, Eztlicoatl was required to join the Sunrise Court, until the AllFather modified the rules to say dieties who chose domains that had a Court stipulated next to it could choose to be neutral if they desired. Such has been modified in the rules thread (I think), but it still says this under the list of domains in the first post of the registration thread.
The AllFather wrote: The choice of domains might also condition the deity's Court: some domains, as described above, MUST belong to a certain Court, for example.
This needs to be edited, as the AllFather changed the stipulation at Eztlicoatl's desire to remain unalligned.
Montressor wrote:And, yeah, I am argumentative . . . I'm a professional historian - it becomes instinct ;)
*snort*

Tell me about it. B"H Hyperception has no interest in the Game. Let him stick with arguing about mytiscism in his dissertation on Johannes Kepler...
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Sorry if I caused offense. was not intended.

Was just offering what Id take as friendly advice. You normally seem pretty level headed so the response you offered seemed out of character so I figured you got something going on, and thus suggested some relaxation.

Sorry if it seemed inappropriate. I figured seeing as we are all friends, I would talk as if you were my friend. Be it difference of age, location or whatever, but im sorry if i seemed i was having a dig
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

O-gon-cho wrote:Tell me about it. B"H Hyperception has no interest in the Game. Let him stick with arguing about mytiscism in his dissertation on Johannes Kepler...
Kepler was a genius.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Ok, ok, ok, ok. The flu is abating, and I'm now in a better mood and somewhat more willing to tolerate criticism and respond to it in a more... sanguine manner.

It's all moot at this point. I've withdrawn the Law of Return (your loss, suckas ;)). It was never my intention to force it on people, so even if it passed by a narrow margin, I wouldn't go with it. I am a bit disappointed that there wasn't a whole lot of willingness to work towards making it workable for all, but oh well.

So yeah, water under the bridge and all that.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Syl, if it's none of my business, never mind, but how come you posted your final gift as Hedra and not Simjen? I thought he'd been 'found'?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Well, Simjen's still kind of out of the loop, and I'm not sure how his gift is going to work.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Syl wrote:Well, Simjen's still kind of out of the loop, and I'm not sure how his gift is going to work.
So you took the easy option and went for Hedra's Law of return? ;)

*runs for life*
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Loremaster wrote:
O-gon-cho wrote:Tell me about it. B"H Hyperception has no interest in the Game. Let him stick with arguing about mytiscism in his dissertation on Johannes Kepler...
Kepler was a genius.
So Hyperception tells me. And anyone else who will listen (when he feels like he has time). :roll:

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=465656#465656
Stonemaybe wrote:Syl, if it's none of my business, never mind, but how come you posted your final gift as Hedra and not Simjen? I thought he'd been 'found'?
Has Hedra or Norn found a way to release Simjen from the gem? If so, that slipped by me.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The Allfather, in the game thread wrote:And Simjen's Gem was found, whether through luck or by virtue of the AllFather's decision, that he may be set free ere the interdiction take effect.
-George Steiner
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Syl wrote:
The Allfather, in the game thread wrote:And Simjen's Gem was found, whether through luck or by virtue of the AllFather's decision, that he may be set free ere the interdiction take effect.
Thank you Syl. I read that as the gem was found, but that either luck or the virtue of the AllFather's decision instigating his release had not happened yet.

...probably why I keep missing details...
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Montressor wrote:
And, yeah, I am argumentative . . . I'm a professional historian - it becomes instinct
As am I. Well, not professional yet - I am on the second leg of my post-graduate work. :wink:
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Yeah, and you're worse than Montressor!

;) :lol:
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Calais wrote:
As am I. Well, not professional yet - I am on the second leg of my post-graduate work. :wink:
What's your specialty, Calais?

My primary specialty was actually Popular Protest and Japanese history. I'd call myself a Social Historian, I guess. Now, however, I'm working on Material Culture and how museum collections may shape (or not) public conceptions of indigenous cultures.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

What's your specialty, Calais?
Medieval and pre-Renaissance England. However, my true love is the Roman Empire during the Republic up to the years through Augustus. That is what my focus will be for my Ph.D. :wink:
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.

Return to “Pantheon”