Cyborgs

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Cyborgs

Post by Revan »

Cyborgs? Do you think we will become these in the future. I myself think that it is inevitable that we use cypernetic technology to advance ourselves. It has already started.

What do you reckon? Do you think we will? And if yes, what things we will have upgraded. Better eyesight? Reflexes? To be able to control over nervous system?
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

It is a relative certainty to a point. Advances in regenerating living tissue would probably become the prefered method for the replacement of damaged or unreliable tissue. Until the human race evolves into beings of pure energy of course. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Using a loose definition of the word many people could claim to be cyborgs right now. Look at how common synthetic limbs are. Look at how many people live because of heart pacemakers. Look at how many people have had one eye replaced with a high intensity laser emitter!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Brinn wrote:Look at how many people have had one eye replaced with a high intensity laser emitter!

Yep. Just had mine installed. I can shoot through a wall wid it. :borg: :bounce03: :mrgreen:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

My point exactly Bird! ;)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

LOL

Return to “The Loresraat”