Caerroil Wildwood... ...in Warhammer!

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Hyarion
Servant of the Land

Caerroil Wildwood... ...in Warhammer!

Post by Hyarion »

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good physical description of Caerroil Wildwood? Or any other description of the garb of a Forestal?

I'm an avid Warhammer (tabletop fantasy wargame) player and am looking to convert a model of Caerroil Wildwood for an army that I am creating. The idea for this army will be that it will be modeled on the armies of the Land, ie blocks of Stowndownor infantry, Woodhelvennin archers, Ranyhyn cavalry, etc. The Lords will make an appearance as well, but I want to pay tribute to one of the longest enduring guardians of Earthpower, Caerroil Wildwood and can't seem to find a good description of him, if anybody could help me out, I'd be grateful.

-- Hyarion Celenar
Hyarion Celenar
The Warrior of the Silver Flame

www.asrai.org
Charles Timewaster
Stonedownor

Re: Caerroil Wildwood... ...in Warhammer!

Post by Charles Timewaster »

Here's a link to his picture on the paperback edition of "The Illearth War".
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... learth.jpg

There's also a reference to his appearance in "The Last Chronicles":
Spoiler
He's on the cover of "Fatal Revenant"
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

A truly worthy question!! :D :D :D
A shimmer of music rippled his sight. When it cleared, he saw Caerroil Wildwood walking toward him across the greensward.

The Forestal was a tall man with a long white beard and flowing white hair. He wore a robe of purest samite, and carried a gnarled wooden rod like a scepter in the crook of one arm. A garland of purple and white orchids about his neck only heightened his austere dignity. He appeared out of the gloaming of the Deep as if he had stepped from behind a veil, and he moved like a monarch between the trees. They nodded to him as he passed. With every step, he scattered droplets of melody about him as if his whole person were drenched in song. His sparkling voice softened the severity of his mien. But his eyes were not soft. From under his thick white brows, a silver light shone from orbs without pupil or iris, and his glances had the force of physical impact.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

A most appropriate reply from one who should know. I suggest you heed him.

And, be welcome to the Watch, Hyarion. May you find much joy here among us. Be welcome and true.
Hyarion
Servant of the Land

Post by Hyarion »

Thanks for the help guys!

Coming up, the
Spoiler
Theomach
... however, I will wait until I can post that in the proper forum.
Hyarion Celenar

www.asrai.org
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Never heard of Warhammer. Is it a board game of sorts? Sounds pretty cool based on your description. A picture of your Forestal would be sweet once you have it finished. There's a link for stuff like that on the home page, and I'd love to see a link here, too.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Wildwood. . . good choice! :thumbsup:

Hyarion
Servant of the Land

Post by Hyarion »

Rocksister wrote:Never heard of Warhammer. Is it a board game of sorts? Sounds pretty cool based on your description. A picture of your Forestal would be sweet once you have it finished. There's a link for stuff like that on the home page, and I'd love to see a link here, too.
It's a tabletop game, meaning that there isn't a set board (like in Risk) all you need is a table top. You can put terrain down like hills, forests, rivers, swamps, and/or buildings if you want to which can be different for each game. Rather than being based on standard sized squares (like checkers or chess) each model is on a base and all distances are in inches (or cm) and the players use tape measures and dice to determine what happens.
Hyarion Celenar

www.asrai.org

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”