X-Men 3?

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

X-Men 3?

Post by Revan »

Do you think there should be a third film, or should they just leave it. If not the latter, what do you reckon and want as the story-line?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

There will certainly be a third, I'm convinced of it, and I don't have a problem with that. There is a wealth of possible avenues to explore, just based on the relatively little I know of the X-Men world. I'd be disappointed to not see an X-Men 3, but I'll have to see how that turns out before I can venture an opinion as to whether it should continue beyond that. Exploring other characters besides Wolverine would be good. That's perhaps my main gripe with these films - too little character development in most cases. I think an interesting way to do it would be to devote each film to a different character, either their "present" exploits, or their past. That was actually how I thought it would be when X-Men 1 appeared - I thought that would be Wolverine's story, and others would explored subsequently. I still like that idea.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

There most certainly will be a third film. This is a franchise with legs. For those familiar with the comics the ending of X2 was, IMHO, a fairly clear indicator that Jean Grey was beginning her transformation into The Phoenix. I would like to see a two film story arc where they explore Jean's development into the ultra-powerful Phoenix in the first and then continue with her metamorphosis into the Dark Phoenix for the next film. I for one, cannot wait for X3!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

The question isn't if there will be an X-3, it is more properly: Will X-3 be a worthy sequel to X-2. We'll see. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart

Return to “Flicks”