Gunslinger Song

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

Chassit
Giantfriend

Gunslinger Song

Post by Chassit »

Hi all.

I wrote "Gunslinger" over 15 years ago and recorded it in '93. I just uploaded it to YouTube the other day and I'd like to share it with fellow fans! Please watch and enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRQUHHFwys

I hope there is a DT movie some day. All the DT-related videos out there are stills or creative editing (as in "Clint Eastwood IS..." LOL!)

Happy New Year!

Chassit
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
- John Stuart Mill, English philosopher
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

It's Jan Hammer meets Brian Eno!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

A Gunslinger wrote:It's Jan Hammer meets Brian Eno!
I have NO idea who either one of those is! But then, I'm old. :)
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Nice work Chassit! I can understand the "upbeat but dark" comment. It has the ethereal vocals yet it also has some xylophone! Very catchy tune! Thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

they're old too chassit
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Lucimay wrote:they're old too chassit
Do you disagree with my assessment? :lol:

ImageImage
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

nope.
to one of them?

lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

Brinn wrote:Nice work Chassit! I can understand the "upbeat but dark" comment. It has the ethereal vocals yet it also has some xylophone! Very catchy tune! Thanks.
Thank you, Brinn! Nice to see you still here. :) It's sort o' funny cuz' when I did this, my better half says, "It's a happy little dark song of dispair, isn't it?" The problem is everything I do is dark, even my happy stuff, so my "dark" stuff sounds happy, I guess. I am glad you like it.
Lucimay wrote:they're old too chassit
Hi Lucimay. They can't be that old, because I used to follow all popular music up through about '86 and I've never heard of 'em. How old is "old"? ::gulp!::

Happy New Year you guys. :)
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Jan Hammer was "popular" in THIS country in the early to mid-nineties, and is best known for the Miami Vice theme song.

Brian Eno has been aroun for ages, but most notably in the mid-to-late 70's and 80's. He is best known for albums such as "Here Come the Warm Jets", and producing the likes of U2 "Joshua Tree". He also did some fine work with Robert Fripp.

Help me out here Luci!

ImageImage
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

A Gunslinger wrote:Jan Hammer was "popular" in THIS country in the early to mid-nineties, and is best known for the Miami Vice theme song.
Oh yeah DUH!! No wonder, in my mind I've always heard/spelled that name as "Yon Hammer". I didn't make the connection!
Brian Eno has been aroun for ages, but most notably in the mid-to-late 70's and 80's. He is best known for albums such as "Here Come the Warm Jets", and producing the likes of U2 "Joshua Tree". He also did some fine work with Robert Fripp.

Help me out here Luci!
Still don't know him, no ringing bells there. What genre? Strange. Now I'm curious enough to go find out how his stuff sounds, though.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Fripp & Eno (No Pussyfooting) is a 1973 (see 1973 in music) album by the British musicians Robert Fripp and Brian Eno.

The title refers to their quick and spontaneous methods of creating music; each piece is an improvisation, recorded directly to tape as it was created, without further overdubs. This was the first collaboration between these two musicians. It could be considered an album of Ambient music, although its recording pre-dates Eno's coining of the term.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fripp_&_Eno_(No_Pussyfooting)
to one of them?