How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I just spent almost three hours chatting to someone in the US. I had a blast. Some accents are very nice!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

storm wrote:
Emotional Leper wrote:Whenever it goes up I just go lay in a really hot bathtub for a few hours, and when I get out I feel better for a while, and then my temperature starts to climb again. Right now it's just over 100.
Ice works better. The problem with the bath is that while it may momentarily increase surface epithelial temperature and reduce core temperature as a means to equalize core with surface temp, you can't put that much of a dent in core temp by going higher unless you try taking a bath in dangerously hot water...then instead of a fever, you have a partial thickness burn.
I think that actually all I'm doing is increasing my body temperature to the point where I kill 99% of whatever's making me sick, and then the remaining 1% has to take several hours to get back to making me sick.
B&
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

I have to agree with your statement about accents
the variety never ceases to amaze me
Has anyone seen my keys?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

thefirst wrote:I have to agree with your statement about accents
Highest density of accent types in the UK.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Loremaster wrote:
I think there are just as many here, most people just fail to notice the differences
Has anyone seen my keys?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

thefirst wrote:
Loremaster wrote:
I think there are just as many here, most people just fail to notice the differences
I have to agree.

Nice avatar, by the way. Very nice. :twisted:
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Loremaster or Lovemaster?
Has anyone seen my keys?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

thefirst wrote:Loremaster or Lovemaster?
Both, my dear. Both.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Oh, get a room you two :roll:

..a chat room...

....with webcams...

..and a send us the link :twisted:
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Hear, hear, drew! :lol:

It's going to be a cold one today. Out door activities will be at a minimum. I think I'll work on some Pantheon things this morning.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

thefirst wrote:
Loremaster wrote:
There may be just as many in the US as the UK, but the UK is only the size of Florida, maybe a little smaller. We have more accents per square mile than anywhere else. :P
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I feel fine, except for an incredibly sore throat. Ironically, for the last two days I had a coughing fit, but now that the coughing's gone, there's a ton of soreness. Bah!
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

I feel good. . . I'm getting trade credit at my bro's game shop for hanging out and posting at the watch. I think I'm going to take home an expansion for Carcassonne. :D

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

CovenantJr wrote:
thefirst wrote:
Loremaster wrote: Highest density of accent types in the UK.
There may be just as many in the US as the UK, but the UK is only the size of Florida, maybe a little smaller. We have more accents per square mile than anywhere else. :P
Accents are subjective.
I have a North American Accent.
Also a Canadian Accent
Any Canadian listening to me, would be able to tell I am from Nova Scotia.
Any Nova Scotian would place me as a Haligonian...and anyone from the Halifax area would know that I'm from the Eastern Shore.

Actually, Nova Scotia being a very small provence, is a hotbed of Accents.
The South Shore has a drawl like that of New Enlganders.
Having a strong Acadian history, there are french Accents similar to that of the French Quarter in New Orleans...only not so laid back..more snooty sounding.
There are still lots of people on Cape Bretton Islasnd who speak Gaelic, and have the accent to-boot..and the rest of the people on Cape Bretton, speak as though they were from Newfoundland.
And of course, the Native Americans have their own accent too.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

we're going to see cloverfield today so i am excited. i hope it's good.
bloodguard bob
Bloodguard

Post by bloodguard bob »

Wyldewode wrote:I I think I'm going to take home an expansion for Carcassonne. :D
Ooooh! I love Carcassonne. CMJ and I have all the expansions. What I've been trying to do, though, is combine the tiles and rules for Big Box Carcassonne and Hunters and Gatherers but nobody seems eager to play it. I realize it's a little overboard but it may be fun to try if only once.
One could receive a point for every fish in their road!
"...and if you do not listen, then to hell with you."
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

drew wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:
thefirst wrote: I think there are just as many here, most people just fail to notice the differences
Accents are subjective.
I have a North American Accent.
Also a Canadian Accent
Any Canadian listening to me, would be able to tell I am from Nova Scotia.
Any Nova Scotian would place me as a Haligonian...and anyone from the Halifax area would know that I'm from the Eastern Shore.

Actually, Nova Scotia being a very small provence, is a hotbed of Accents.
The South Shore has a drawl like that of New Enlganders.
Having a strong Acadian history, there are french Accents similar to that of the French Quarter in New Orleans...only not so laid back..more snooty sounding.
There are still lots of people on Cape Bretton Islasnd who speak Gaelic, and have the accent to-boot..and the rest of the people on Cape Bretton, speak as though they were from Newfoundland.
And of course, the Native Americans have their own accent too.
Pfft. Until you've spoken to a Brummy, a Scouser, a Geordie, a Glaswegian, a Welshman, a Cockney, and someone from the West Country (do they have a name?) you don't know what different accents even are.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

bloodguard bob wrote: Ooooh! I love Carcassonne. CMJ and I have all the expansions. What I've been trying to do, though, is combine the tiles and rules for Big Box Carcassonne and Hunters and Gatherers but nobody seems eager to play it. I realize it's a little overboard but it may be fun to try if only once.
One could receive a point for every fish in their road!
I'd play, as long as you'd do the scoring! ;) Actually, I have the following: Carcassonne, Inns and Cathedrals, King & Scout, The Princess and the Dragon, The Castle, and two different special expansions for it that I don't know the name. One of them was a German one which was included in a gaming magazine. It's good to have a brother that owns a game store. :D

When I do visit (and I can clearly see I will have to!) we can all play Carcassonne! :biggrin:

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

I have it on good authority that Cockney is a separate language.
B&
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Emotional Leper wrote:I have it on good authority that Cockney is a separate language.
In The Mother Tongue, Bill Bryson describes Cockney and Boontling as separate dialects. Personally, I think the entire concept is genius.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”