How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Wyldewode wrote:Ah. . . I have the ever-desirable English undergrad degree, paired with 2/3 of a Master's in Education. I'm looking in the field of Social Work/human services, and many of the better jobs require (by state regs) that you have a certain type of degree. Of course, I am now kicking myself for not double-majoring in something like psychology. Or having a minor in psychology rather than just history. :roll:

It's looking more and more like I will have to go back to school in order to procure a job that will allow me to live a comfortable life with real hardwood furniture--not pressboard.

And as for moving. . . I have a host of friends and family members that would be very, very unhappy if I left. :(
Yeah! Another English undergrad degree. Hurray for us! Thankfully I have an A+ Certification in computer crap, so I can actually find a job.

I don't know if you've seen Avenue Q, or if this You Tube link works, but look up the song. I think you can relate.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

That's great, Caggie! I can totally relate. :D I always envied my friends that knew they wanted to be counselors, or doctors, or teachers. I didn't know what I wanted to do, so I just picked a major I loved, and threw in the history minor when I discovered I liked it and had an aptitude for it too.

Several people have been trying to talk me into going into nursing. I'm just not totally sure I want to. . . part of me thinks that I should become a radiology tech, since it requires the same amount of school as a nursing degree, but pays slightly more out of the gate. *shrugs*

Some day I will figure out what I want to be when I grow up. . . if I ever grow up! :twisted:

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I'm so tired today. No idea why. ...but my mother is visiting and she never stops talking and I think I'm going to have to put a piece of packing tape over her mouth to just SHUT HER UP!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

That's ok, as long as you don't use my packing tape. I may need it if I ever start dating again......
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Tired, very, very, tired. I had to sprint to Pittsburg to fetch Mini-me, after her dim-witted father took her out of town while she was still sick. Disaster from start to finish. I just got home this afternoon and went into a mild coma after the 14 hour drive, and the endless hassles in between. About to try and go back to bed. Just wanted to check in for a minute. Nice to be back, hope everybody is doing alright.
Has anyone seen my keys?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Welcome back, thefirst.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

dANdeLION wrote:That's ok, as long as you don't use my packing tape. I may need it if I ever start dating again......
:lol: yeah yeah... :lol:
Hami
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hami »

Bad.. endless headache ..again rain and a lot of housework after work
"Hölle und Verdammnis"
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Thanks Lore, it's good to be back 8)
Has anyone seen my keys?
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

For some reason, for the last few days whenever I drink Mountain Dew I get lightheaded. It usually has no effect on me whatsoever (unless I'm tired, then it makes me hyper). So I feel confused, and mildly lightheaded (I drank some Mountain Dew this morning during a difficult history exam). :?
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Hami, I hope you get over your headache soon.

And Auleliel (who will now be called Owlie in my head), it sounds as though you are sensitive to caffeine. I'd get some rest and try to avoid caffeine for a while and see if that helps.

|G for all that need them.

And thefirst. . . it's good to have you back. :biggrin:

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've got that feeling like I'm moving when I'm not, like when you get off a boat, but in this case it's forward motion rather than rolling. No idea why I've got it. Maybe I'm dehydrated or something. :? Don't see why I would be though. :?
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Perhaps you are reeling with the excitement of a trip to the states in your near future. :biggrin:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

:lol: Or the horror :P
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

:|

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Isn't he charming? ;)

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

He knows that in his heart he is doing a happy dance and shaking his booty about knowing he's coming to Seafest. :P

Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

I'm back early from my trip to NOLA. The day after I got in town I started with symptoms of whats turning out to be the mother of all head colds. After my short course was over I flew out figuring it was better to be sick in bed at home where I could pamper myself. Overall it was a decent trip...I did get some walking around time though I think I may have pushed myself a bit. There is definately a return trip in the future when I can really get out and see the sights.

I'm sending what positive vibes I can out to all the other under the weather Watchers.....we all need to get better!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I feel very confused. I thought about putting this post in The Inner Garden and going off on a long discourse that would drive the moderators crazy and no one would pay attention to anyway. :wink: I guess my horoscope was right= you are heading into uncharted territory where even friends, teachers and guides can't help you.

OMG

Anyway, it's probably due to the dang book I'm reading which is Tolle's A New Earth. I'm not advocating the book, but it does, essentially, say don't worry if you disagree with the author and what's being said, simply allow the book to change you. OK, so I'm doing that and now I'm changing and it's weird. I still can't get over what just happened at my barber, or should I say ex-barber.

She's a very nice Korean (I think, it doesn't matter) girl that I go to every 6 months from a trim and she always cuts my hair the same way. Today I wanted it cut differently and I don't think she could understand that. I've noticed that she uses the razor extensively with all her customers and I simply wanted her to use just scissors-and I said, matter of factly with a very level tone that I didn't want her to use a razor this time. Then she went, "I don't why you come in and argue with me everytime-you need to leave and never come back." So I did and I won't. Actually, since she just raised her price 6 dollars, I can get my hair cut the way I like it at a cheaper place. So I don't know what's happened to the customer being always right. I wasn't argueing with her at all.

The only other time I ever said anything to her matter of fact was a year ago when I brought my daughter in for a hair cut. I said I wanted her hair cut one way and she said, but her mother always has it cut like this, to which I simply said, "I'm not her mother." How and why she, apparently, remembered this after a year is beyond me. Other than that we have always been friendly and I have tipped her very well.

The dang book would say, now that you are beginning to come into Awarness and are recognizing your egoic patterns, some of who you come in contact with will see a reflection of their own in the absence of your non-reactivity. So maybe something completely different was stuck in her craw-oh well no big loss (I don't like having my hair cut anyway) except a customer, to her.

I shouldn't have even thought about the incident, I've been working really hard to be non-judgemental and telling my ego to take a hike, but ever since then I've been having judgements coming out my ass. The book would say at least you are recoginizing those judgements... :roll:
fall far and well Pilots!
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I just think our happy little world is getting more and more grumpy all the time. I've been noticing a severe lack of professionalism and friendliness with others customer service. I had to report a Dell tech the other day who was extremely rude to myself and the store manager on site. And today a store manager went ballastic for nothing that was my fault.

Silly people.

Well, good Danlo. Saves you from giving your money to a talentless hack. I'm starting to get very over the place I take my head for hair cutting. Another cheapy place, but I think I'll go back to the expensive place. I just need a cut idea.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “General Discussion Forum”