Pet Peeves

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

thefirst wrote:No, I think it was me. ;)
Did you mean Greek tragedy or GEEK tragedy?

Whee!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Geek tragedy, that's me. ;)
Has anyone seen my keys?
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

My name is Emotional Leper.

You steal my life.

Prepare to cry.
B&
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

If she stole your life. . . wouldn't she already be crying? ;)

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Wyldewode wrote:If she stole your life. . . wouldn't she already be crying? ;)
She might not be aware of it yet.
B&
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Well, for her safety we need to take it away from her. A life in the wrong hands could be disastrous. ;)

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Wyldewode wrote:Well, for her safety we need to take it away from her. A life in the wrong hands could be disastrous. ;)
But how do you take away that which does not exist?

And no, I will not take the Mace of Disruption, +3, out of the Bag of Holding in my Pocket.
B&
Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

I hate it when people send you an email and within an hour call to confirm you received the email. What's the point of sending the email if you are going to call anyway?!?!?!?!??!
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Emotional Leper wrote:And no, I will not take the Mace of Disruption, +3, out of the Bag of Holding in my Pocket.
You are a brave man indeed to put a pointy thing like that in your bag of holding. :P

See? I so could have asked "Is that a mace of disruption in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Wyldewode wrote:
Emotional Leper wrote:And no, I will not take the Mace of Disruption, +3, out of the Bag of Holding in my Pocket.
You are a brave man indeed to put a pointy thing like that in your bag of holding. :P

See? I so could have asked "Is that a mace of disruption in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
If you think that's pointy, wait till you see the Caltrops!
B&
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

You're a gambler, you are. :P

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Wyldewode wrote:You're a gambler, you are. :P
I have 1 card left in my deck of many things. :P
B&
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Peeve: People who are not team players, who act unilaterally instead of sharing their decisions/actions that will affect the whole team, and who spread discord in an organization in the proces, under the guise of doing it for the "good" of the organization.

Corollary: Said non-team players seem to feel that if they explain their POV often enough you will eventually have to agree that they were right and everyone else was wrong all along.

:x
Last edited by MsMary on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I am peeved that my university requires financial aid application forms to be submitted online, and every time in the last three years that I have hit the submit button, it deletes everything I entered into the form and refuses to submit it. I then have to spend hours e-mailing, calling, and visiting the offices of random people in an attempt to convince them to accept a paper form.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Ki wrote:I hate it when people send you an email and within an hour call to confirm you received the email. What's the point of sending the email if you are going to call anyway?!?!?!?!??!
That's a good one. Another cell phone-related one is this lil' chestnut:

*guns sprays binaca in his mouth, clears throat, and steps onto nearest soapbox.*

You call, you get the message that says. "This is (fill in the name of your own annoying freind/family member who commits this peevish offense) ...I can't COME TO THE PHONE RIGHT now, but please leave..."

CAN'T come to the phone?! F*ck you!! It's a CELL, a totally mobile unit for the sake of Jiminy Cricket... it's just NOT TRUE that you can't come to the phone, it's probably on your person...we both know it. Whether it is in yer pocket, purse, belt or butt...you don't come to IT, it has been picked up (by you) and placed on your person (by you..you dork).

The truth is you simply CAN'T answer the phone at the moment, whether it is because you have a beer in your hand and can't be bothered, or you are in a confessional, or because you are engaged in a game of Twister.

So please....PLEASE for the sake of all things beautiful and small....say it RIGHT!!!

*wipes spittle from chin, gets off box*

heh.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

*** Mod Deleted (Creator): As EL understood it would be.

I will PM you if you want to raise specific concerns, EL - or you can PM Admins.
B&
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Wow, that was a mouthful. I have no idea what triggered that. Sorry to hear you are so upset, EL.

And I certainly hope this thread won't be locked due to that one post, as this thread has been a useful outlet for other participants.

I certainly have never experience this forum in that way at all.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Back to Pet Peeves. Too many posts after mine. I want my post to be noticed!
/whine ;)
MsMary wrote:Peeve: People who are not team players, who act unilaterally instead of sharing their decisions/actions that will affect the whole team, and who spread discord in an organization in the proces, under the guise of doing it for the "good" of the organization.

Corollary: Said non-team players seem to feel that if they explain their POV often enough you will eventually have to agree that they were right and everyone else was wrong all along.

:x
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

emotional leper wrote:I have been told more than once by a moderator that if I have a problem with something, it needs to be taken up in private. This completely overlooks the fact that that is one of the things I have a problem with........

.......some moderators who seem to know what their jobs are, would include Balon, Aliantha, Creator, Avatar, Lord Mhoram, Loremaster......
So, when Creator is forced to edit or delete your post, does that mean you'll have to take him off your list? Because, let's face it, while some of what you say makes sense, some of that other stuff is just plain rude, and wrong on top of it. In the end, your whole post comes off as "I like the mods that let me do what I want to do, and the other ones must suck at what they're doing, because they're not letting me do what I want. And the 'farewell' part at the end; well played! You sound just like my five year old when he doesn't get his way!! There are no cliques, there are no hidden agendas; there are just a group of usually responsible people doing the best they know how to. If that's not good enough for you, fine. Frankly, I'd have banned you a long time ago for general pomposity, but then, if I did that, I'd have to ban myself!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

<reluctant self edit, as it's probably not fair to leave a response to a deleted post>
Last edited by [Syl] on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner

Return to “General Discussion Forum”