Which Mirror Would You Want?

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Lady Genni
Ramen

Which Mirror Would You Want?

Post by Lady Genni »

I was thinking of the different mirrors and how the were used...just wondering if you could have a mirror, what would you want and how would you use it?

I'd like that mirror that Havelock used that just had water in it. It drowned a translated monster, and just turned fire and lazer beams into steam. Also I like that it's not neccessarily a bad thing on it's own but can be used in a lot of usefull ways. (but I also like the little mirror that Havelock had that was just light and you could focus it for more intensity)

Now if I could creat a mirror, I'd like to have one that showed SRD laptop or typewriter... :twisted: ...then I could check out all his new manuscripts before they were published!
Lady Genni
"By the Seven...!"
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well living in the desert a water mirror would b xtremely useful! :D
Last edited by danlo on Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

lol :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lady Genni
Ramen

Post by Lady Genni »

Hey Danlo...how about a mirror that showed an icy tundra? Then you wouldn't need air conditioning. Just open your mirror and let the cold wind blow in!

Wonder how much you could affect the weather patterns with a mirror? Didn't Gilbur try and translate an earthquake? Hmmm...something to ponder....
Lady Genni
"By the Seven...!"
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We use swamp coolers! There's no humidity, and Albq. is a mile high. U get used 2 90degree temps...I'll take a mirror of the snow capped San Juan Mt.s in SW Colorado--that should cool things off nicely...but it was ur idea that inspired me! :D :D :D
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. following a desire for a new comp. [which I am now getting :wink: ] .. I would go for a money mirror!!

you know when you need money .. it just pours out through the mirror ..

I would just use it at those times you need to pay a bill .. or purchase a comp. :wink: .. or replace the old bomb with a new car :wink: .. mmm .. come to think of it .. buying a house instead of paying perpetual rent .. that would be another good time to use it too!!

Though I dont endorse the over use or abuse of such a mirror .. it must simply serve to preserve a certain modest life style .. one that you had become accustomed to ofcourse!

ok so as not to come across overly materialistic and selfish .. a food mirror and money mirror .. could come in handy in aiding developing nations .. and all sorts of other needy situations ..

then again flooding the global markets with the equivalent of .. suedo black market currency could have consequences .. maybe it is better to keep for one's private use .. or maybe we can change the global economy .. establish a federation of nations .. that no longer requires capitalist economies/democracies ..

ok I am getting off on a tangent .. I know it :oops:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lady Genni
Ramen

Post by Lady Genni »

Hmmm ... interesting concepts....

I thought that mirrors mostly showed naturally occuring things. Alien creatures in their own environments and such. I don't remember any showing just items. Could be something that the Congery should study.

I wouldn't mind a flat glass that had a small deserted island in some tropical region. My very own white sand beaches to go lounge on when ever I chose. Of course I'd need to have Teresa's abilities to shift glass over distances...or maybe just take a glass that showed home with me...then I could just go back and fourth.

If the flat glass didn't make me mad. :wink:
Still....being mad on a deserted white sand beach may have it's advantages.

Ohhhh! Here's one better...a mirror that could take me to The Land from TCTC during the first chapters of LFB - Now that's somewhere I'd like to go!!!!!
Lady Genni
"By the Seven...!"
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

If you guys figure out how to make one of those money mirrors, I'd be pleased to buy one from you....

Failing that, I'd be very happy to have a mirror that shows Denver, so that whenever I need a Rockies "fix" I could just step through and save myself the cost of the airfare (with, yes, a pocket mirror that would get me back to the East Coast).

Dear Santa....
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

well these are fantasy concept m'Lady Genni .. but if you are right and a money mirror is not possible ..then I say a mirror that is connected to a Mint .. so that I may simply transport the money through the mirror as in MN when they transported supplies and stuff to the battle front ..

yes .. that'll work .. I'll have a transporter mirror .. and align it with a Mint .. or a Diamond/Gold Mine .. yes that would work too .. and probably be less harmful to the economy.

AND .. I'll also have one of those 'Beach Mirror's' you spoke of .. so I could have a nice get-a-way .. when the mood takes me :wink:

YES .. a mirror for a variety of great holiday destinations would be great to!! ..
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lady Genni
Ramen

Post by Lady Genni »

LOL Sky! Why yes, you are correct...why put a cap on one's fantasy? With that in mind, I'd like a mirror that showed Lattes and Cookies...my two favorite vices... :oops:

Then I could have them any time I wanted...but then again I'd turn into a big woman that was always awake...hmmm

maybe I should re-think this one.... :D
Lady Genni
"By the Seven...!"
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. interesting :wink:

a favourite foods mirror??? .. I'm not sure what to get now .. oh no confused by the limitless possibilities!!
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

hmmm....

Post by Reisheiruhime »

how about this. a mirror that led to a room of mirrors, which all led to different parts of the Land. :wink:
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

re

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

Mmmmm...A mirror into a chinese restaurant...preferably King's...
A mirror into a bookstore? Now there are some thefts the owner would be hard pressed to explain...the perfect "locked door" mystery...Of course I would be an arch-Imager! Then again, chinese restaurants and bookstores from other worlds must be pretty damn interesting...
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

lol :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I always imagine one of those flat mirrors as being kind of like having a television set that only shows real images, always the same image too. Boring :!:

But if I had the power to change to image to whatever I liked/transmit my self through it as I desired and then back again it could be a little more interesting.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nรคhe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I think it is more like a window .. yeah it can be a still image at times I guess .. but I think it more of a window .. like I think you can see what all stuff is going on in another place too!

but smacks of a tad voyeristic 8O :wink: :wink: :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
jehannum_2000
Stonedownor

Return of the skest

Post by jehannum_2000 »

I enjoyed the appearance of the skest, originally from the Chronicles.

Sorry; I didn't want to start a new topic about this and this was the closest match I could find.

Peter.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Did that mirror actually open up on the Land, do u think?...that would b sooo cool...!!! 8O 8) (they must appear in AMRT, right? **searches fanatically 4 book**)

refresher-skest: acid-creatures serving the lurker of the Sarangrave
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

After long and careful consideration I have decided that what I really would like is a flat mirror that opens into high solar orbit.

Then I could charge a bundle for disposing of the worlds radioactive waste by dropping it into the sun. :)
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nรคhe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

lol .. brilliant notion ryzel!!

profitable and environmentally responsible .. i am impressed ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to โ€œMordant's Needโ€