89%
Pass
11%

Total votes: 9

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Purgatory

Post by [Syl] »

Something to keep us all occupied during Xar's hiatus. I propose a new game, named the same as the title of this thread.

The concept is simple. You're in hell. You're a demon/condemned soul/etc. Your job is to rule hell (not necessarily the judeo-christian version) or at least carve out your own niche.

The game will be like Pantheon, but entirely text based. There will be no DR, DRP, random events, or the like. It will depend entirely upon what you write up (and the facts at hand after there's some kind of history). The results will depend on what I take from it and what I can come up with in return.

Each player will choose the name of their character and something to describe it - either a particular vice, descriptor, or something. Just don't use any specific titles like Lord of Greed, as titles, fiefs, and the like will be given as rewards. For instance, something like 'Melkor, demon of the Wrongfully Accused' or 'Maecham the Tyrant.' I also think it would be best if each player submits a public and a private turn.

Any takers?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yep, I'm in. :D You sure about this? Sounds time-intensive. And, as Xar can tell you... :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm in. :D

:twisted:

--A
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Hey, I plan on you guys doing most of the work. This thing is a completely blank slate. And considering I don't have to do any calculations, most of what I'll be doing is saying 'You couldn't do [x].' and 'You failed to achieve [x].' :evilgrin:

On the blank slate track, going to a message I received, this place can be Hell, Hel, Hades, some or none of the above. It's all up to what you guys decide to do with it. The only thing certain is that it is the underworld (and nothing outside of this underworld matters).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Well, I'm ready...
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Niiiiice.
-George Steiner
Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

Iblis wrote:Well, I'm ready...
As am I.
Who knows where madness lies?
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Come then...let us explore this Gehenna together.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause...

...must give us pause.

The unknown beckons, and the prospect of exploring with a fellow traveler is welcome. Are we all chaqar here?
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Seekers...finders...wanderers...it matters not.

Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

To wander in wonder so dreams mesh with madness.
To seek that which may be found along the way...

...seekers...finders...wanderers...

Matters not? That is yet to be seen.
~ Cervantes
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Sounds like a really cool idea. I'd love to play, but I don't think I can spare the time to invest in something I'd need to do more writing for.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Well, I figure five is enough to give it a try, then. I'll hit Vain up for a subforum and start registration.
-George Steiner
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

All set and ready to go :)
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Ha! Hell awaits.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Wow. I'm really gonna suck at this game. Ah well, I've done more important things that I've sucked even worse at. :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “Purgatory”