Weretiger's Curse - Journey to Tethil

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Xavier smiled back..."Fair enough. Certainly can't blame you for being careful...I'm careful myself. As for human/half-orc relations, I like to think that people tend to be a little more tolerant in the cities than they are in the wilderness...although, I admit it's not always the case."

He stretched his arms, then glanced round once more, and spoke again, this time toward an obviously previously unregarded corner of the room...

"I can see you, you know." He smiled winningly..."I'm Xavier. No need to be shy. The clerk is about to come back...we might as well all go in together..."
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian looked towards Roarke, squelching gut reactions of distrust and fear. Her only experience with orcs were the marauding bands in the north that occasionally ransacked her village. But Roark was half-orc and had yet to show any justification for her senseless instinctive feelings.

Standing and walking over to the Barbarian, she addressed him frankly. "I am Irian, from the northern woods. I was rude to have run off after the official without introducing myself. My apologies."

Turning towards the corner Xavier addressed, her eyes widened at the sight of the figure there. She really did need to become more observant of her surroundings...
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

She smiled at the words and her eyes twinkled at Xavier. She liked him immediately.

"Caamora," she replied, indicating her own name, and uncrossed her legs, rising from her seated position on the small table. She walked into the light and saw the surprise on the face of the other elf.

She respectfully inclined her head to the other woman in acknowledgement.
The King has one more move.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Pleased to meet you," he said to the elf. "You're certainly very good at sitting still...I barely noticed you."

Two elves at once...what were the odds? This was certainly shaping up to be interesting.

"I can only imagine that you're here for the same reason the rest of us are. If you'll excuse me, I'll allow your fellow elf to make the rest of the introductions."

He bowed slightly, then walked silently across the room, and pressed his head up against the door, ready to leap back in an instant.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Roark tried to force away the sudden reflexive clench his muscles had adopted when the other elf had revealed herself. What a great start: snooty elves and elves that like to hide. And Xavier thought he was being too cautious?
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian shot a quick look of dismay towards Xavier. She had left elven society for a reason; traditions and customs and formalities were not for her. But, he didn't know that.

So...

"Greetings Caamora. May the blessings and protection of Corellon Larethian the Father always smile upon you.

I am Irian, from the northern woods. You have already made the acquaintance of Xavier. The large fighter traveling with me is Vargon Darkbringer, a friend," (quick dart of her eyes towards Vargon as she said that), "and an employee of my father's.

"The other young man with us is Brother Charn, a cleric of Pelor. He is a lover of song." And Irian shot him a friendly grin.

"And let me finally introduce you to Roark, whose acquaintance I just belatedly made. I owe him a boon for my rudeness earlier.

"I am glad to see another here in answer to the call. I was wondering where any others were while we were waiting. Have you heard anything of the troubles here?"
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[ooc]For this post I'm going to give you all the numbers used to calculate the things which have happened. I'll put this extra info into square brackets. I won't always do this, but if you want to request the numbers I'll be able to give them to you.[/ooc]

Xavier moves silently over to the door [move silently (roll 13 +skill 9 = 22), the mayor and assistant will not be able to make 22 with listen checks because they have no bonus, so I didn't bother to roll them] and presses his ear against it to listen for any conversation going on inside [listen (roll 19) + (skill 2) = 21, this is good enough to hear what's going on inside. Xavier knows what he heard, nobody else does]. He prepares himself to quickly move away in case the door suddenly opens.

Inevitbaly, the door swings open and Xavier tries to jump away [reflex save (roll 1) = automatic failure]. Unfortunately, his legs seem to tangle together and he falls headlong towards the table with the (now much depleted) biscuits on. Xavier sticks his hands out to avoid smashing his head, face first, on the table [reflex save (roll 2) + (save bonus 7) = 9, not enough to save himself. His head smashes into the corner of the table in what looks like a very painful manner (he takes 1d4 damage). [Fortitude save to see if the hit on the head knocks him out (roll 12) + (save bonus 2) = 14, enough not to get knocked out.]

The biscuits go flying everywhere.

The Mayor's assistant walks through and sees all this commotion.

"What the bloody hell is going on in here?! Somebody pick up those biscuits! The mayor's ready to see you now, if you want to get up off the floor."

Audio
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Picking himself up sheepishly, and carefully hiding any sign of pain, Xavier limped slightly as he headed towards the now open door, gesturing impatiently for everybody else to follow.

"About time..." he muttered to himself.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian called upon her heritage to quickly cover her surprise, and walked back to Vargon's side. Proffering her arm, she smiled up at him. "Let's see what it is we came all this way for."

Walking arm in arm, they followed Xavier into the Mayor's office.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

I'll assume that everyone follows the mayor's assistant into the next room. (If someone wants to do something else, post it here and I'll change what happens).

I'll start a new thread tomorrow for the things the mayor has to tell you.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”