The next instalment

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Insequent
Servant of the Land

Post by Insequent »

dlbpharmd wrote:Welcome to the Watch! I've just enabled your FR access so please feel free to go to the FR forum and tell us what you think!
Thanks!

Maybe I'm a little slow, but I don't see how I access the FR forum. I see that I'm subscribed to it, but I don't see the forum itself.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Insequent wrote:Maybe I'm a little slow, but I don't see how I access the FR forum. I see that I'm subscribed to it, but I don't see the forum itself.
On the Forum Index page.
Insequent
Servant of the Land

Post by Insequent »

wayfriend wrote:On the Forum Index page.
Thanks, but I only see the Runes sub-forum. And when I got here:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/groupcp.php
I see that I am indeed a member of the FR2 group.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

That happened to me as well when I joined. PM one of the admins and see if your settings need to be reset. danlo, kevinswatch, or Vain may be able to help.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Is it that your request is awaiting approval?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Probably not, wf. dlb had approved mine pretty much immediately, and I still had to get an admin to reset me before I had access...
Insequent
Servant of the Land

Post by Insequent »

Menolly wrote:That happened to me as well when I joined. PM one of the admins and see if your settings need to be reset. danlo, kevinswatch, or Vain may be able to help.
I just shot a PM to dlbpharmd, since he mods FR2.

wayfriend, I'm already approved and subbed to the FR2 group.

Thanks for the help!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Okay, then you need to reinstall Windows. Get the Chinese version, then add the French language pack, and then change the locale to United States. While your disk drive is being defragged, go into Internet Explorer and select the option to delete Internet Explorer and use Firefox. Then clear your browser history, restore Windows from backup, renew your DHCP lease, and you'll be all set.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

dlb was not able to help me when I had the problem, Insequent. I had to go to an admin. danlo in particular is the one who helped me. But perhaps since then dlb was told what needs to be done, if he has the tools to do so. I know as a mod myself, I do not. But then, I don't mod a "hidden" forum, so dlb may have access to things I do not.

wayfriend...be nice. :|
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

If you follow Wayfriend's instructions, beware of "Briny the Pirate."
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I can't see the problem on my end, so I sent a PM to Vain. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Re: The next instalment

Post by Blackhawk »

alessandi wrote:Ive just found out what I came here to find (when I can get my hands on the next gripping instalment of the Chronicles) and to my horror I'm going to have to wait another 3 years! :( I just can believe it, another 3 years and then another 3 to actual journeys end. Oh woe is me, now I can be counted as an unbeliever! :). But I know it will be worth the wait, I just have to read them all from the start until then. What an extraordinary read I just could not put it the book down and consumed it in just 2 days if only I'd know then what I know now I may have read it a lot slower, ah well never mind I could just start again, its worth it, for those who may be sensibly taking there time with its well worth it I promise.
Im glad i have something to look forward to. :D

looks like you squirrels all ate your nuts before winter was over... I'm holding off until I've gone through runes a couple more times, which may not be that long considering I listen to them rather than read them, so it takes about 3 days to listen to each book...(since I only listen while im working) everyday i walk in my front door the first thing I see is Fatal Revenant facing me from its bookshelf. Part of the reason why i dont read it is the same reason you debate opening an important letter. fearing bad news and hoping for good.
Insequent
Servant of the Land

Post by Insequent »

Thanks for your help, dlbpharmd. Damn nice crowd here at KW!

As I face a 2 year wait for the next novel, I can recall only one other time that I've had such a long wait, with this much anticipation. That was after I saw THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK on opening day back in 1980. The movie just kinda stopped, with all sorts of stuff left up in the air, and I knew that the final movie was *three* long years away. And let's hope that Against All Things Ending will be worth the wait -- JEDI certainly wasn't!

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”