Who Was Brought to the Land? (Prologue spoilers)

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

Sandy and the Sherriff were not on Kevin's Watch, and Foul did not acknowledge them.
Joan apparently was brought somewhere near the Sarangrave since the Skest and something like Landsdrop are mentioned in connection with her. Also, given the time differential she would have been in the Land at least a day before Linden arrived. We have no way to know where Jeremiah or Roger (if he's there) ended up.

By the way, why is Joan still alive? In the Prologue it states rather clearly that the lightning strike killed her. Even given a matter of minutes it takes for a body to actually die after the heart stops she should have survived only a few days in the Land. Unless someone is reviving her back in the real world with CPR or something?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

By the way, why is Joan still alive? In the Prologue it states rather clearly that the lightning strike killed her. Even given a matter of minutes it takes for a body to actually die after the heart stops she should have survived only a few days in the Land. Unless someone is reviving her back in the real world with CPR or something?
I think we can be quite confident that neither Hile Troy nor Thomas Covenant were still alive in the real world when we last saw them in the Land.
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

It appears to me that the Summoner can determine where in the land the summonees appear. And you gotta take it back a step further too. The summoning was predetermined. Roger had organised the whole thing with Foul..

Roger/Foul wanted EVERYONE there to be summoned.. He wanted Jeremiah (to drive LA into Despair..) and Linden (originally they wanted LA to hive Roger the ring, now they want her to break the arch of time herself)..
Joan had to go first, to summon everyone else.. But roger deliberately had Sandy with them in the 'summoning area' too - so I imagine there's a reason for her to be summoned.. And they could've sent her anywhere in the land too..
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”