Purgatory - Game Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Metatron
Servant of the Land

Post by Metatron »

Metatron, Galiel, and the lost soul walked through the endless desert. The dog padded along behind them, stopping and sniffing here and there.

They stopped now and again for rest and Metatron fanned the others with his great wings, providing a blessed respite from the heat. The lost soul was silent and lethargic. Galiel ministered the soul as much as she could. Metatron himself used these breaks for meditation and prayer, asking for strength from The Creator.

It was during one of these stops that Metatron heard a sound. It was screeching. Or, was it laughing? Lifting his gaze overhead, in the distance was a large flying figure, black against the bright light. He could not make out what the figure was no matter how deeply he squinted.

The figure circled overhead in the distance like a vulture, black and looming. It was large, Metatron could see that, and the screeching or laughing sound was made with the hissing of steam.

Shading his eyes, Metatron looked behind him to the horizon and saw the end of the desert. There, at the edge of the desert, he saw a familiar figure.....
Put your hand under my thigh. This is the righteous one. The mystery is that the world exists on these three: grace, judgment and mercy. He is appointed from the mystery above to resurrect those who sleep in the grave. He will come with the will from the one who is above to bring back the breath and the soul to the proper place.
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

[Walking across the desert]

'The Desert of Truth'? *chuckle* Maybe not. But I suppose I could write a poem or two.

Hm, what's that?
Those are wings!!! Nnnnnnn... No. Too small to be the Dragon. What is... Ah! We meet again.

*smiling*

"Hello, Metatron."
When your life is filled with Love, ...uh... it's a pretty neat thing.
Metatron
Servant of the Land

Post by Metatron »

Smiling broadly, Metatron recognized Alek. The recognition of love in this place was a light on Metatron's heart and he felt lifted and happy. He walked briskly toward Alek with arms outstretched.

"Hello, my friend. Seeing you again makes me glad."

He gazed at Alek's face for a moment and added, "Why have you left your forest?"
Put your hand under my thigh. This is the righteous one. The mystery is that the world exists on these three: grace, judgment and mercy. He is appointed from the mystery above to resurrect those who sleep in the grave. He will come with the will from the one who is above to bring back the breath and the soul to the proper place.
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

"Do you know what Dragons are? Winged creatures. Much larger than you. Very powerful and intelligent. I knew Dragons when I lived, and was honored enough to ride them! Well, while standing in Gont some days ago, I heard one roar! I haven't seen any here in Stovakor. I didn't even see this one, because the branches were in the way. I came out to see if I could find it. A few I've met saw it fly in this direction. And one told me it knocked down part of a tower belonging to someone named 'Iblis.' The tower should be just over the horizon. If I find the tower, I'm going to see if the Dragon is there. And maybe I'll meet Iblis, if he's there.

"What are you up to?"
Metatron
Servant of the Land

Post by Metatron »

Metatron chuckled and smiled fondly at Alek. Apparently Alek did know know Metatron.

"Yes, I know what dragons are," he replied. "In fact, I believe I saw one in that direction. I cannot be sure because it was very far away but it flew off in that direction."

"Iblis? I haven't heard the name. But, as far as what I am doing, I am simply fulfilling my role here for a time."

Metatron thought a moment about Alek traveling alone and said, "Perhaps, if you are agreeable, we can join you for a while and travel together. Safety in numbers, you know."
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

"Well, safety isn't an issue. But, if you promise not to slow me down, let's get going!" :lol: "It shouldn't take long now."

*heads toward the horizon, where Iblis' tower is said to be*
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

[hours later]

Well, here it is. Not as badly damaged as I'd been told.

But wait. It looks a bit different above that point. Maybe all of that is new. Repairs.

Well, let's see if anyone's home.

"Hello. Is anyone there? Does someone named Iblis live here? My name is Alek. I'm told a Dragon attacked here, and I thought I'd see if I could find this creature. Hello?"
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Standing instantly above the sealed gate, Iblis,
ever curious, gazed down at the strange figure,
woad-daubed and wild, below.

"Attack overstates, stranger who knows my name," eyes narrowing, adds,
"What tales do you bring from out of the Void, and why seek out Iblis?"
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

Standing silently, and observing all the while, Niggle felt the strength of Will from the being above. She hoped Alek's own was enough to counter...
Who knows where madness lies?
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

"Oh! Hello!" *smiles and waves* "Pleased to meet you. Actually, though, I was looking for the Dragon. You see, I knew some when I lived. I heard one fly overhead the other day in Gont, and thought I'd try to make its acquaintance. Some along the road told me it had damaged this tower, and that the tower was owned by Iblis. Alas, I fear that, if it did this with no provokation, it is not like the Loving Dragons I knew. Still, I would like to meet it, I guess. Can you point me in the direction it flew?

"As for the Void, it is made of Love! The primal state of existence!" *big smile*
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Gesturing, Iblis points toward the horizon the dragon aimed at, shrugging.

"Direction means little or less here, but my Herald seeks also for what it is worth.
And Love, while it may defeat Demons, is not the primal state of existence."

I seek knowledge of the other inhabitants of this plane if you have any?"
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

"Ah! I thought you were referring to something else when you said 'the Void.' As for the inhabitants of this place, which I call 'Stovakor', they seem to be more varied than I can imagine. Anything you look for is likely here. If you are seeking anything in particular, I could tell them about you if I happen upon any."
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

"Nothing in particular, and all things in general. And that,"
gestured outside of the walls,
"is the Void. This," a nod over the shoulder,
"is Gehenna."

Brow furrowing, asks, "Who stands with you?"

Metatron
Servant of the Land

Post by Metatron »

"No one of consequence," Metatron replied, looking up at Iblis.

The dog did not seem interested in the exchange and Galiel was expressionless. The lost soul hung in her arms without movement or sound.
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

*sigh*

"Way to be friendly, Metatron."

*Turning back to Iblis* "Actually, I know very little about those with me. Metatron and I have a similar outlook on certain things, but we haven't known each other very long. I've known the succubus a much shorter time. I know absolutely nothing about the others, except that this guy with no mouth won't stop following me around."
Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

Niggle's wings ruffled slightly at the mention of her kind, but she held her tongue. She had more questions than answers for anyone, and would bide her time.
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

"Well, Iblis, I thank you for the directions. I don't expect to overtake a Dragon when I'm on foot, of course. But perhaps it will stop somewhere. In truth, my quest is more an excuse to travel Stovakor, and learn about its landscape and inhabitants. And it was nice meeting you." *bow* "Until next time."

*begins walking in the direction Iblis had indicated.*
Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

*looking back up at the demon, wondering if his domain contains any with living essences, then glancing back at Alek, undecided*

Well, girlfriend, you may not have a choice in either direction unless you ask...

"Alek!! May I tag along for a while? It would be nice to have some company for a time that I can talk with, and I shouldn't slow you down..."
~ Cervantes
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Iblis gazed down on the strange soul that called itself Alek and nodded.

Nothing, for all this time, and now a succubus, an angel that did not look fallen, and this odd being. No doubt these would bear more investigation in the fullness of time. For now, knowledge of their presence was enough.

Return to “Purgatory”