Book 7 theories - by Miss Ann Elk (ahem)

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I doubt that Harry can be a horcrux because then Voldemort would have to destroy his own soul in order to kill Harry and he intends to do just that. I don't think that horcrux making is a simple enough magic that you can make one "accidentally." Perhaps he WAS intending to make one after the death of Harry but I don't think the seventh horcrux exists.
I agree that I think the magic would be far to complicated to happen by accident, I just have a very strong feeling that gleam was in some way related to Horcruxes and an advantage that Harry has, that we don't yet know of.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

sindatur wrote:
Cameraman Jenn wrote:I doubt that Harry can be a horcrux because then Voldemort would have to destroy his own soul in order to kill Harry and he intends to do just that. I don't think that horcrux making is a simple enough magic that you can make one "accidentally." Perhaps he WAS intending to make one after the death of Harry but I don't think the seventh horcrux exists.
I agree that I think the magic would be far to complicated to happen by accident, I just have a very strong feeling that gleam was in some way related to Horcruxes and an advantage that Harry has, that we don't yet know of.
Agreed. I would in fact, be suprised IF Harry WAS a Horcrux (or his scar was) at this point.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

What did that just say GUNS? Did you just AGREE with me on HP theories?!!!??? It's armeggedon for sure! 8O :biggrin: :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Chicken Little was RIGHT after all! Eh?

ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Are you calling me chicken little? :evil: :biggrin:

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:What did that just say GUNS? Did you just AGREE with me on HP theories?!!!??? It's armeggedon for sure! 8O :biggrin: :P
I was wondering if it might be time to consider building that bomb shelter when I read that reply :D
storm
Giantfriend

Post by storm »

Guns and Jen agreeing...this is obviously the worst parts of the bible coming to fruition...i need a drink
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

F.E.M.A. "Ferocious Educational Medical Aptitude" -Esmer

"Honestly; by the end of the Chronicles Lord Foul isn't going to be the Despiser anymore (we all knew he had to come to an end), however I find it vexing that the only reason is because he feels unworthy of the title and resigns to let Linden take his badge, Illearth Stone, and the keys to Linden's Creche."-Revan
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

storm wrote:Guns and Jen agreeing...this is obviously the worst parts of the bible coming to fruition...i need a drink
Might I suggest a sip of butterbeer? Jenn do you agree?

ImageImage
storm
Giantfriend

Post by storm »

I was thinking more along the lines of some firewhiskey.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

F.E.M.A. "Ferocious Educational Medical Aptitude" -Esmer

"Honestly; by the end of the Chronicles Lord Foul isn't going to be the Despiser anymore (we all knew he had to come to an end), however I find it vexing that the only reason is because he feels unworthy of the title and resigns to let Linden take his badge, Illearth Stone, and the keys to Linden's Creche."-Revan
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

See, that was fast, I think firewhiskey is called for! 8O :biggrin: :P

Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:See, that was fast, I think firewhiskey is called for! 8O :biggrin: :P
I'd love to try some of that. Yummy.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Book 7 theories - by Miss Ann Elk (ahem)

Post by Zahir »

Usivius wrote:My theories for Book 7 (many of which have been discussed in other postings, but allow me to summerize):

- Dumbledorf is DEAD. period. He's not coming back (except maybe as a portrait).
Spoiler
Spot on.
- Snape is on the side of the 'good guys'. He's playing out the double-agent role to the hilt. That tower scene with Dumble has ALOT of clues there.
Spoiler
Correct in the essentials.
- That crotchety house elf of uncle Black's (which Harry has now inherited with the house) is supposedly going to play a very important role -- so JKR has hinted at indirectly as she TOLD the director of the new film (OotP), that he MUST put that elf in as he is important later. Hmmm, it seems there are a lot of Black secrets, or likely, the elf is playing both sides.
Spoiler
Not quite. Kreacher was playing his own side, and actually responded extremely well to kindness. Hermione = smart, smart, smart girl.
- I am of the opinion that Harry dies. A small part of this belief is the notion that JK would not mind keeping everything self-contained and in her control, not wishing to see poor knock-offs come out later concerning Harry. But the real reason is just because it "feels" that way. Harry and V are too closely linked for it to end any other way. It will be heroic, no doubt, but tragic. The whole notion of his wand being the same, the prophecy, Dumble's smile when he heard that V had to use a bit of Harry's blood to regain form... and just the whole set-up. it just feels right and JK has proved that she is not afraid to sacrifice for the sake of a good story. And sacrifice is one of the major components of the stories...
Spoiler
Half-right. He kinda/sorta died but not quite.
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Regarding
Spoiler
Harry's death
I think she managed to surprise both camps.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Beorn
Servant of the Land

Post by Beorn »

I have a theory relating to a coincidence between the real world and Harry Potter. Harry was one year old when his parents died, and they died in 1981. This means he was born in 1980, and he was 17, the year of book 7, during 1997, the year Sorcerer's Stone came out. If Ms. Rowling was a witch, writing an extremely popular book with Voldemort's name in it would be a very effective way to render the Taboo useless. It would be even better than that if true, because it would mean Harry was real as well!

I do not really believe it, but I so wish I could...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

How do you know it isn't real? So many authors have written about similar themes and the belief in magicks dates back to the beginning of many many independant cultures worldwide. Witches, shamans, warlocks, high priests and priestesses attributed with mystical powers are found in the writings of every culture in human existence. Just because you haven't experienced magic as she has written it doesn't mean it is outside the realm of possibility. I think a big part of why her books are so popular is because each and every fan believes on some level in their mind. :biggrin:

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”