Weretiger's Curse - The battle with the Bandits

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Seeing the now sorely wounded fighter charge bandit 2, and the female wizard at least temporarily out of action, the rogue switches aim, and looses at bandit 3.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Vargon wrote:"Farewell, milady" he says looking toward the elf with a sad smile painted on his face.

Knowing that this could be the last fight Vargon charges the next bandit.
Her aim on bandit 3, out of the corner of her eye Irian catches the forlorn smile from Vargon before he valiantly charges forth. Her vision momentarily blurred, she blinks away the tears and steadies her aim as she shoots.

[not a second move, but at the same time as when she first fired]
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Charn will approach Vargon the next chance he gets, and cast his remaining CLW upon him.
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 4]

Irian fires an arrow at bandit 3 and it goes straight through his studded armour and into his chest. It does 2 damage

Bandit 2 shouts something in a language none of your understand. Bandit 3 shouts something back, then Bandit 2 shouts to you "We surrender! Please, don't kill us!"

Last edited by Nathan on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Keeping his arrow aimed at bandit 3, the rogue shouts back, "you should have thought of that before you attacked us, damnit!"

He holds his fire for the moment, but remains prepared to loose at any sign of hostilities resuming.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Hoping the fading fighter is cognizant of the previously fallen bandit coming to, Irian shifts her longbow slightly and trains it upon the female cleric, in case she too comes around.

"Who among us has some rope to tie these four up before we discuss what to do with them?"

Never taking her eyes off of the fallen woman, Irian slowly follows Brother Charn over to Vargon, and whispers gently to him, "You were brave and incredible in battle, Darkbringer. I am honored to have you by my side. Hold on, for I will not lose you now..."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"I'm here to defend you, milady... i'll do it untill i die!" he bows but a sharp pain leaves him breathless.
He falls on his knees.

"It's just a moment... i will be fine..."
He glances to the surrended bandits
"Don't turst them... here is my rope, give it to Xavier, i'm sure he will be the best to use it"
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

*assuming the battle is over and we can move freely*

Draping the proffered rope over a shoulder while still keeping her aim on the cleric, Irian gives a gentle smile towards the fighter and then moves over to the rogue. "I trust you can truss them securely so we can then determine what to do?" she asks while offering the rope to him in turn.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"Quick, someone help the other two! They're dying! Let me see to them before they die!"

Bandit 2 turns towards the woman and bandit 3 starts running over to bandit 1.

(if you want to stop them the only person close enough to initiate a grapple at the moment is Vargon, and he'd only be able to grab one of them.)

[bandit 1 is still unconscious. It was meant to say bandit 2 above.]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Gritting her teeth, Irian mutters under her breath, "You are fools," and shifting her aim from the female cleric to bandit 3 lets fly the arrow she had notched and waiting.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[You're going to shoot them after they've surrendered, and stop them from keeping their friends alive? Back to battle time then, I suppose.]

[round 5]

Irian fires an arrow at bandit 3. She hits and does 5 damage. He looks very badly hurt.

Bandit 2 shouts "what are you doing?! We've surrendered! We're just trying to save them!" He starts running as fast as he can away from you.

Bandit 3 starts running away as well.

[it's Xavier's move, then Charn's. What do you guys want to do?]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Merlin (Irian's Hawk) flies after bandit 3 and easily catches him. He rakes his claws at the bandit's face but misses by a few centimetres.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

A wave of disappointment floods through Irian. A grimace crosses her features as she envisions flying high above the fleeing bandits, high enough so nothing can strike him down, but low enough for sharp raptor eyes to follow their flight.

In her mind, she hears a distant piercing keen of acknowledgment...
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Xavier watches shocked as the sorceress turns suddenly and shoots at the bandit rushing toward his companion. He'd been prepared for the bandits to resume the attack, even after surrendering, but not his own party.

He lowered his bow, easing off the tension on the bow string, and shakes his head. Shooting the helpless does not sit well with him.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

While Charn casts a healing spell on him (healing 5hp), Vargon hands a coil of rope to Xavier.

The bandits continue fleeing, now well out of reach, and Merlin follows them, soaring above, way out of crossbow range.

[battle over, ladies and gentlemen. The story will continue in a thread entitled "The journey to Scragnoth".

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”