Weretiger's Curse - Rules

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Experience

Experience can be gained from fighting and defeating monsters, but it can also be gained from roleplaying, particularly if you do something funny, clever or something which is particularly daring or unlikely to work and pull it off spectacularly.

For example, Xavier got a small experience bonus for his clumsy antics in the mayor's waiting room because it was hilarious.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Temporary Absence

If anyone is temporarily absent for longer than a day, Dukkha has propose that their character come under the control of the DM for the period of time while they're away. Unless there are any objections, I'm going to implement this practice immediately. I won't play Roark for the moment, since CovJr hasn't given me permission, but any future planned absences will be subject to DM takeover!
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

that sounds like an excellent idea!
The King has one more move.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Agreed. It'll let us get through important bits even if somebody can't be with us.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Agreed as well.

dw and Paolo both have my text number; Paolo can access it via email. If needed, I can ask them to inform Nathan of what I wish to do, after being updated as need be today.

Unless Nathan would prefer I use my text to email him directly. The only problem is my text email limits the characters per send much more than direct texting does on my phone...
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

combat

The combat system I've got going at the moment (I tell people when it's their go and run it action by action) seems to be a bit slow and cumbersome.

Avatar has suggested something better:

At the beginning of combat everyone gives me an "if... then... else... etc." statement about what they want to do during a fight depending on what happens.

An example would be (I'm imagining I'm Roark): "I charge in to attack the orcs. I swing at the first one I get to until it dies. If I am finding them easy to hit, I will use power attack for more damage. If I am in danger of losing, I enter a rage and carry on fighting. I won't retreat even if I seem sure to be killed".

Yours will probably be more detailed.

I'll then run the combat round by round with the results of everything, and if you want to make any changes after each round or specify any particular action to be taken, I'll take it into account for the next round.

I'll also make a new thread for any battles that occur in the future.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Nathan wrote:Temporary Absence

If anyone is temporarily absent for longer than a day, Dukkha has propose that their character come under the control of the DM for the period of time while they're away. Unless there are any objections, I'm going to implement this practice immediately. I won't play Roark for the moment, since CovJr hasn't given me permission, but any future planned absences will be subject to DM takeover!
PMed.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

can druids benefit from an elves natural bonus feat for weapons?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Yes. Any racial benefits are in addition to any class benefits. If your race says you have something, but it's not mentioned in your class description then you still get it.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

So as an elf, I would not suffer the -4 in attack rolls if I switch to a composite long or short bow, even though it is a martial weapon and out of reach as a sorceror?
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You would not take a -4 penalty for not being proficient with the bows, but you'd -2 penalty on attack rolls with any composite bow you used because you have a strength bonus of -1.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Nathan wrote:Yes. Any racial benefits are in addition to any class benefits. If your race says you have something, but it's not mentioned in your class description then you still get it.
so in this edition, only armor is exclusive for the druid?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

A druid is prohibited from wearing metal armour and will be unable to cast any spells or use any supernatural or spell-like abilities.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Nathan wrote:A druid is prohibited from wearing metal armour and will be unable to cast any spells or use any supernatural or spell-like abilities.
got it. Thanks.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Open lock and disable device

I got to wondering: How come open lock is a separate skill to disable device? If a rogue can disable complex devices like traps, why can't he/she disable relatively simple ones like locks with the disable device skill?

I've decided that the two skills will be merged. Open lock will disappear, but all of the abilities gained from open lock now come under disable device instead.

This means that disabling traps and picking locks now all come under one skill. If anyone has any points in open lock, they can redistribute them freely to other skills (but let me know you have so I can roll skill checks correctly).

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”