Weretiger's Curse - The Mages' Guild [Irian]

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]still no action from Vargon...carrying on[/ooc]

Approximately twenty minutes later, the elf awakens. Raising her head slowly, a sharp pain pierces her skull. "urrrgh," she mumbles to herself. Slowly opening her eyes, the stony visage of Vargon still frowns disapprovingly at her. Blushing slightly, she looks away, in any direction but that silent face.

Seeing the silent, empty corner where the minstrel had been, Irian heaved a sigh. He had been good, and she too intoxicated to truly appreciate his performance. He said he would be back next week, yet... I wonder, Irian thinks to herself.

Slowly standing up, despite the room still revolving ever so slowly as she does so, Irian makes her way back to the bar. Gaining the attention of the barkeep, she slides a silver piece towards him and asks, "Excuse me good sir. Do you know anything of the performer who left a little while ago? A name and where else he performs, perhaps?"

[Gather Information? Diplomacy? Unless neither is needed?]
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon is furious
Why is she behaving so badly?
This is going from bad to worse.

He must do something...

"Ok Irian! Enough is enough!"
He walks quickly near her, then he talks to the barkeep.

"Sir, i need one room with two separate beds... is there one available here?"
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]I finally start to do something besides get plastered, and NOW you jump in to the fray???[/ooc]

Turning, the elf looks at Vargon with amazement on her face. "You dare..." she snarls towards him. "You dare tell me "enough is enough?" You are an employee of my father's hired to do a job! Stick to your job of watching my back, but otherwise...

"Leave me alone!!!" she shrieks at him.

[intimidate check please]

Turning back towards the barkeep, she looks at him, and draws a few deep breaths. Then, again sliding the silver piece towards him she asks, in as calm a voice as she can muster, "Now, my good man. You were saying about the minstrel who just left here?"

[in case they haven't been rolled yet, and are appropriate, gather information and diplomacy...please.]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The barkeep looks you up and down, evaluating you.

"I don't know where else he goes. He just came in here one day and asked if he could play here. I let him stay because the customers seem to like him. Especially the ladies.

I don't ask him any questions and he gives me the same respect. Keep your money.

Now maybe you should listen to your friend here and get some rest, you look a little bit worse for wear."

The innkeeper turns to Vargon

"I have a room you can stay in, it'll be 1 gold piece for the both of you, and we'll bring you a good hearty breakfast in the morning. How does that sound? Don't let her make a mess of the room, cleanup will be added to your bill if she does."
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Sounds good to me.
Give me the key, here is the gold piece. "(Remove it from Vargon's pouch)

Vargon trys to grapple Irian and take her to the room...
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Disappointed, the elf thanks the barkeep, then says, "May as well keep on keeping on then. Give me whatever the best you have for the silver piece, please. As for you..." she hisses as she turns towards Vargon and moves to avoid his grab, "I'll be damned if I'll share a room with you!" drawing her dagger as she groggily backs away from him.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Vargon makes a lunge at Irian and manages to grab her before she can dart away.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

As cold as ice, with her dagger ready to slice at his confining grab, Irian hissingly whispers in Vargon's ear...

"Let me go..."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Restraining further movement, Vargon takes the recalcitrant Irian and throws her over his shoulder. As she screeches her head off to "put me down!" he climbs the stairs up to the room.
Once in the room, he drops Irian on one of the two beds and attempts to reason with her.

"Irian...You need to rest. You are drunk like a pirate's monkey. Tomorrow you'll feel better. Now be a good child and rest"

Intimidate check please
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]unsure how an intimidate check would affect my play if successful, so carrying on[/ooc]

The elf sits up on the bed where she had been unceremoniously thrown and glares at the burly fighter. "I am -hic!- perfectly fine! -hic!- Let me go get the last drink I ordered -hic!- and then we can discuss what I am going to do afterwards." Standing, she slowly attempts to make her way past the massive bulk of the burly fighter towards the door.

-hic!-

[Diplomacy check]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[I've decided that if you want to intimidate another player you'll have to roleplay it between yourselves]

You can't use diplomacy on another player either. Vargon can decide for himself whether he finds you convincing]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Nathan wrote:[I've decided that if you want to intimidate another player you'll have to roleplay it between yourselves]

[You can't use diplomacy on another player either. Vargon can decide for himself whether he finds you convincing]
[ooc]coolness[/ooc]

:twisted:
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"ok Irian, it seems that you didn't understand... now: which part of 'be a good child and rest' isn't clear?"
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"This???"

Darting as quickly as she could, the elf bolts past the fighter and reaches for the door.

As she prepares to fling herself out into the hall, she sticks her tongue out at him saying, "And I will remind you, that I am easily four times your age!!!"
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Balance check to not fall over as you run for the door:

Failed! In her drunken state, Irian trips over and falls flat on the floor at Vargon's feet.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon trys to catch Irian before she leaves the room.

"Where do you think to go?"
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Nathan wrote:Balance check to not fall over as you run for the door:

Failed! In her drunken state, Irian trips over and falls flat on the floor at Vargon's feet.
[ooc]oh...too, too funny[/ooc]

Pushing herself slowly up off the floor and looking the fighter dead in the eye as he once again restrains her, Irian throws caution and propriety to the wind. She also slowly loses whatever adrenaline rush she had juiced to try to get past him, and slowly sags against him. "I am so frustrated, Vargon," she confides. "I only wish to be able to help our good Brother heal when needed, more than my pitiful attempts with bandages and whatever potions I can attain. To be blatantly insulted for having a gift, and denied the chance to study to attempt to learn..."

Tears forming in her eyes, the young elven sorcerer continues, "I have never been so insulted; I only wanted to forget. And then that minstrel's song..." Continuing to look at her protector, she reaches up and softly brushes his cheek with her hand. Then gently letting it fall, she leans into his chest and silently begins to weep.

-hic!-
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Vargon gently lays Irian down on the bed and watches her drift into a restless sleep.

After watching over her for a while, he decides to get some rest himself.

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”