Gaiman's American Gods

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Gaiman's American Gods

Post by duchess of malfi »

Has anyone else read that book? I read it last summer, and still can't decide whether or not I liked it. It's been sitting in the back of my mind stewing around, and I have some questions to ask of you, if you have read it! 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I have read that book. As well as Neverwhere and Stardust, also by Neil Gaman. And Good Omens, by Neil Gaman and Terry Pratchett.

I liked it, but I liked the two others better. American Gods seemed a little unfinished. It somehow did not live up to its own promises.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

OK. What exactly is Shadow? Is he a mortal or a god? At the beginning of the book he seemed to be a mortal, at the end he seemed to be a god. Did he really change through his ordeal on the World Tree that much? Or was he a god all along and I just didn't realize it? And who were those Russian/possibly eastern European gods/goddesses in Chicago???
And the whole thing with his dead wife was gross!!!! 8O Open mouth kissing with a corpse. ugggg!
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”