Aesir: Game Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

Ceanusar wrote:YOU MISUNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF REALITY. IT IS NOT ABOUT SANITY, BROTHER, BUT ABOUT PERCEPTION.
As Leandrea has learned, and is attempting to teach, brother Ceanusar.

Welcome, brother Tepes.
As has been stated once before, a long time ago in a different reality...

"One hopes Love is known among the Undead..."
Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

And when you feel afraid, love one another
When you've lost your way, love one another
When you're all alone, love one another
When you're far from home, love one another
When you're down and out, love one another
All your hopes run out, love one another
When you need a friend, love one another
When you're near the end, love one another
We got to love one another
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

Welcome, Tepes.

I'm sorry but I don't have anything else to say.

Perhaps I'm speechless. That would be something different. :lol:
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Ceanusar wrote:
YOU MISUNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF REALITY. IT IS NOT ABOUT SANITY, BROTHER, BUT ABOUT PERCEPTION.

Perhaps, although the distinction is weak at best. As rational or irrational beings, mortal or immortal, our perceptions are merely strings to be pulled by our minds.

Agape:

Love is well-known among all of Narie's conscious beings, I assure you. Your domain, Love, will take an integral role in the shaping of this world. My followers hold the deepest love for me and the gifts I share with them. My prophet will be my divine messenger, in love and league with my message and the power it will bring.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Thank you Diana. I look forward to the potential your domain holds for Narie; the force of the sea in tandem with the infinity of unlife.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

Tepes wrote:Love is well-known among all of Narie's conscious beings, I assure you. Your domain, Love, will take an integral role in the shaping of this world. My followers hold the deepest love for me and the gifts I share with them. My prophet will be my divine messenger, in love and league with my message and the power it will bring.
It is good to hear that Love is known throughout Narie.

As far as it taking an integral role, it is my wish such be so.
...we shall see...

*bows*
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Pando
Servant of the Land

Post by Pando »

All things have a beginning, and all things must come to an end. This is the nature of existence. Do you seek to break the cycle?
(Gaming account formerly known as: NWUL Collective, Auctor Delucrius, Kai, Gurathnaka.)
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

All cycles inevitably meet change, the cycles that are weak and broken will be weeded out in favor for the cycles fit to survive. The cycle I assume you are referring to, Nergal, is simply being altered to serve this world better. Your domain will serve as an important role in this new cycle, brother, one of a realm of transit, a stop-over for reintroduction to the new Narie, a Utopian Narie, fit to survive. I know you will come to understand this, brother, as will the rest of the Pantheon. My goal is for the betterment of all. A shaking off of the deficits this cycle of yours has brought the people of Narie. Evolution, brother.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Lliannon Aine
Stonedownor

Post by Lliannon Aine »

These cycles are for mortals. What have we, the ones of immortality and infinite possibly, to do with such things?
Abandon thought and let the dream descend
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Are you of the mind that we do not share a similar fate with these mortals? When their worship ceases, so do we. If their cycle runs out, which on a long enough timeline is inevitable, we end with them. Can't you see? The evolution, the new cycle I bring to this world will be our salvation, by the redemption of the human race.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Lliannon Aine
Stonedownor

Post by Lliannon Aine »

True, they are the essence of our strength. My thoughts tend wander through the nature of my existance and I lose sight of such things. The mortals must, as you have said, evolve and grow in strength, so we may also remain as we are and become what we are to become.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Yes, dreamweaver, and your insights into the subconscious of our followers will prove most useful in this process. The dreams of mortals also undergo the culling of natural selection, becoming refined and stronger. The dreams of no use are discarded for the dreams that promote survival, that promote growth. The dreams of my immortal creations will provide you with untold power.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Lliannon Aine
Stonedownor

Post by Lliannon Aine »

Ah! Immortal creations! Brother Tepes, such speech is beguiling.
Pando
Servant of the Land

Post by Pando »

Tepes wrote:Are you of the mind that we do not share a similar fate with these mortals? When their worship ceases, so do we. If their cycle runs out, which on a long enough timeline is inevitable, we end with them. Can't you see? The evolution, the new cycle I bring to this world will be our salvation, by the redemption of the human race.
If you require the worship of these mortals to sustain yourself, then that is your own flaw.

I belong to the cycle of creation and destruction, and that is eternal.

I persist precisely because these creatures do not.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Not true, Lord of Death. The cycle is not eternal, and is the only flaw of this world. The cycle predated you, and while you now draw power from it, it is not the source. The source IS those mortals who worship you. What will happen to you, dark one, when those mortals turn from you and your vain adherence to a broken cycle?
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Pando
Servant of the Land

Post by Pando »

What naive notions you possess. Whether they follow my worship or not, no matter what forces seek to preserve, they all shall eventually perish.

I am inevitable.
(Gaming account formerly known as: NWUL Collective, Auctor Delucrius, Kai, Gurathnaka.)
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

No, you are avoidable. And breaking the cycle is the only path the world of Narie can walk if our subjects, and consequently us, are to survive. But come now, brother, our goals will be aligned and our struggle will cease in time, for now let us put aside this metaphysical conflict.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Pando
Servant of the Land

Post by Pando »

You talk in circles, Tepes. Enough of this.
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

in the [i]Codex Philadelphiensis[/i] ‘tis wrote:As the traders’ caravan approached, Maliel glanced at the goods the efforts of all in Ahava had assembled to offer in trade. The past seasons’ trading had been disappointing, as tales of superior crops upriver were all the traders were interested in when Ahava’s own abundance was produced. Although she followed the teachings of Agapé, she sent a small prayer of thankfulness towards the deity of the Seas she had heard whispers about, Diana. Praise be for the salt we harvest from the seas, and the abundance of fish from both sea and river. The salt preserves the fish, yet is rare enough upriver for the traders to pay well for both fish and salt. That said, she started collecting baskets of the various colored sun dried salts and carrying it to Ahava’s market stalls.

Cerunan’s caravan wound its way slowly through the delta. Figures the best quality salts hand harvested on Mekoth would be in the village at the end of this delta, the caravan leader thinks to himself. We’ll see what they have to offer other than salts and preserved ocean delicacies, but I doubt anything else will compare with what’s back upriver…

The caravan slowly pulled into Ahava’s village square, circling and setting camp around the Great Hearth. Maliel approached Cerunan and welcomed him with a free offering of Ahava’s best brew, then walked with him over to the market stalls. Whatever has come over these people in the past few months, the change is most welcome, Cerunan thought. Perhaps I should inquire at some point…

Upon reaching the market, his disappointment in the produce was plain on his face, so Maliel guided him straight to the preserved fish and salts stalls where haggling began in earnest. Cerunan noticed while Maliel haggled as earnestly as ever, her manner was far less deceitful as in seasons past, and again he wondered at it. At the end of the bargaining, Cerunan looked questionably at Maliel. ”Mistress,” he said with a bow, ”we are headed back upriver to the village of Vinzhest, where they have started worshipping a deity of Knowledge. I am a few hands short this trip; perhaps a few of your fisherfolk would care to join us for the trip; we could discuss conditions of employ and reimbursement once the group is set…”

The next day, business completed and arrangements made with several hardy fisher folk, Jharvik among them, the caravan headed back up river, crossing the Graceful Ford and taking the river to the east when a large fork appeared in the river’s path. ”Vinzhest lies between the two rivers,” Cerunan told Jharvik, with whom he had struck a friendship, especially as he listened to the young fisherman’s words of cooperation instead of jealousy, and modesty in place of pride during their days of travel. Such an outlook on the part of everyone would make haggling much less stressful, as he had found with Maliel, and he considered Jharvik’s words when alone. ”But the villagers are applying new knowledge every day, " he continued to Jharvik, "and currently they are working on a bridge across the east river, so we will be met earlier going this way, instead of attempting to ford the southern river on our own.”

A few days later, the caravan spotted building going on up river and Cerunan called a halt, getting down from his own wagon and, with Jharvik at his side, walked towards builders working in the river. Jharvik had never dreamed of such construction, and eyes wide, tagged along in silence for now, hoping to learn what he can from these strangers he was being introduced to…
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Koma
Servant of the Land

Post by Koma »

The rising wind lashed the waves into froth as they crashed into the tiny island. The rude hut trembled beneath the onslaught of elements, perhaps only minutes from total collapse. The island’s single inhabitant sat, cross-legged and oblivious to the fury all around him, his long white hair whipping about his lean face.

This time, he would be ready.

Twice before now he had felt this. The first time had taken him by surprise. The huge vortex of power had ripped across his island, destroying his home, and tearing away the rough canoe from where it had lain beached, before he had time to realise something was wrong. The second time, he had recognised the warning signs, and focused his concentration on the storm. It had still destroyed the home he’d rebuilt, but he had learnt something of it. Perhaps not much, but enough to make this plan.

He was ready. And it had come exactly when he guessed it would. And now he cared nothing for the destruction that swept down upon the island. He had built the small hut only for shelter while he waited. Because right or wrong, he would not need it after today.

Upturned hands resting on his knees, he did not feel the spray that drenched his worn and colorless robes, or hear the tortured groaning of the hut as the unnatural wind drove against its supports. All he could see was the swirl of invisible color that danced through the sky behind the wind. And all he could think about.

Eyes wide as it passed over him, he clenched his will in a fierce spasm, knotting his hands as though to grasp the streams of energy and bend them to his design. Sweat mingled with the seawater, running down his face as he exerted the art he’d learned over decades of isolation, and wrung loose one final effort.

A massive wave broke over the island, tearing away the hut. And when the water had receded, Koma was gone.
Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Post by Serloth Lorekeeper »

"Ho there, strangers!" Gimbutas called to the approaching folk along the river, as he paused to examine the angles of the bridge being built. "What brings you to Vinzhest? Have you come to hear of the wonders of Serloth, the Lorekeeper?"

The principles of "load-bearing", "stiffness", and "dynamic tension" revealed to him by Serloth guiding his eye, Gimbutas called out to the workers, carefully making some minute changes in the structure of the erecting bridge.

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”