Training For AATE

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

transient
Stonedownor

Post by transient »

Thought I'd put two bob's worth in here. I think it probably all comes back to TC , LF and the Creator.

Greetings all. Hope the fires lions didn't get too close this time Seareach?
wandering through the landscape,,never the same view or is it rooted to the spot I am and thus, deceived by a passing parade?
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:Yeah...Elohim are just plot-devises in eatherly form...they can float and spin...
"Eatherly"? Pease expain.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

transient wrote:Greetings all. Hope the fires lions didn't get too close this time Seareach?
But I like tabby kittens :biggrin: (Fantasy Bedtime Hour reference).
TheWormoftheWorld'sEnd wrote:
jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:Yeah...Elohim are just plot-devises in eatherly form...they can float and spin...
Maybe he means etherly as in in the ether.
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

To all of you setting up for a final battle of epic proportions: forget it. SRD is done with that, and has been since TPTP.

Linden's gonna end up whining her way out of it as usual: the "Turning-her-weakness-into-her-strength" kind of BS.

I'm still gonna read it, and probably even enjoy it ;-)
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Prebe wrote:To all of you setting up for a final battle of epic proportions: forget it. SRD is done with that, and has been since TPTP.
But, WGW's finale made TPTP's look paltry in comparison.
Lords laughing defeated Foul?
WTF?
I dislike that ending more and more as I reread it each time.
Prebe wrote:Linden's gonna end up whining her way out of it as usual: the "Turning-her-weakness-into-her-strength" kind of BS.

I'm still gonna read it, and probably even enjoy it ;-)
Yeah me too.
But just because I know Linden's going to die in the end no matter what.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Seareach wrote:
TheWormoftheWorld'sEnd wrote:
Maybe he means etherly as in in the ether.
Earthly.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

HLT Said:
Yeah me too.
But just because I know Linden's going to die in the end no matter what.

She's just asking for it, she's got it coming. :)
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

Well, Linden kind of has to die in the end...she's not immortal...>_>;

I honestly think that they'll lose, too. They defeat LF so he'll not be able to battle the Creator because they won't be able to stop the Worm of World's End. I think that it would be interesting to see that happen. Think how dismayed TC would be after literally dying to save the Land, Linden ruins it

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

I can't argue against these recent posts, but I am also curious about what Hollian meant in FR when
Spoiler
she told Linden that after Linden failed (as she must) that Anelle was the hope of the Land. And that LF and his posse just didn't understand that.
Of course, maybe that is just a mother's pride and wishful thinking... :biggrin:
... nobody I know.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

hpty603 wrote:I honestly think that they'll lose, too. They defeat LF so he'll not be able to battle the Creator because they won't be able to stop the Worm of World's End. I think that it would be interesting to see that happen. Think how dismayed TC would be after literally dying to save the Land, Linden ruins it
"How can we imagine that Covenant’s story will end other than triumphantly?"

AjK:
Spoiler
the words are "comes to doom", not "fail". That's a big, big, difference! Have heart!
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

I'm not saying that I hope they lose, I just logically think that they will and will fight to preserve the universe rather than the Land. If they do try to stop the Worm of World's End, I think it will come down to Linden having TC's ring and Joan giving hers to TC and Anele doing something crazy. Like what, I have no idea. But it will definitely be something that nobody expects

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?

Return to “Against All Things Ending”