NationStates2

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Unfettered One »

Thanks Avatar.

Question, though... I very rarely log in on weekends. How long do you have to be inactive before you start affecting your trade partners?
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience. - Albert Einstein

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

30 days
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Unfettered One »

Cool... That's not an issue, then.
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience. - Albert Einstein

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ok, Cleburne is back in the alliance. And for some reason the legislation passed by majority instead of unanimous vote, but since I voted in favour, I'm cool with that. :twisted: So everybody please abide by the new law, which you can find out about by following Alliance--Andelainian Alliance--Legislation. (IIRC)

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Avatar wrote:And for some reason the legislation passed by majority instead of unanimous vote, but since I voted in favour, I'm cool with that. :twisted:
:|

But...

...yeah, yeah, yeah...

Diplomacy and Trade statuses have already been reset by The Most Serene Republic of The Illumined.

...frigging grumble...what about my right to choose...free will and all that... ;)
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Menolly wrote: Diplomacy and Trade statuses have already been reset by The Most Serene Republic of The Illumined.
I have likewise just set Diplomacy and Trade status with you guys.
I,m impreesed Menolly and Syl how you are both doing overall with Menolly on the top.
I,m in a lowly position of 102 th GDP total of 21 or so but hope with more particapation to cruise up the points board. ;)
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Cleburne wrote:I,m impreesed Menolly and Syl how you are both doing overall with Menolly on the top.
I,m in a lowly position of 102 th GDP total of 21 or so but hope with more particapation to cruise up the points board. ;)
*shakes head*

As far as The Illumined goes, don't be.

I think I was among one of the first to get a beta key, and I started The Illumined on World 20 while waiting for the others on the Watch to get their keys to join in. I also play every day, as long as I have access.

Once Av and others joined in, and we decided to occupy World 88, I (with much hassling of the devs) moved The Illumined from World 20 to World 88. On World 20, I had over 350 GDP (I think). Because I gave up all my trading partners on World 20, and World 88 was brand new with the market prices of goods not being nearly the same as on World 20, my GDP took a severe tumble when I first joined. However, I think I was slightly larger than Sylvania was when he changed worlds, so we retained rank 1 and 2 in GDP for awhile. I was eventually overtaken by someone else, until the devs made inactive nations dormant. Then that Nation tumbled, hence my advice to try and only set trade relations with Nations that are active.

If I had started fresh on World 88, I am quite positive I would be nowhere near the top 50...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Can anyone get into the game?
Or into the Jolt forums to see if the devs have posted why the site may be down?
I never thought of bookmarking the forums separately, as I use the button on my Nations pages to access them most frequently...

~*~edit~*~

*whew*

The Jolt forums came up on a search and I was able to access the tech forum (which I have now bookmarked). Apparently some people can get in by clearing the cache and cookies and accessing the game without logging in. But as soon as they try to log in, they get the same white page I'm getting.

So, at least it's not just me.
According to Lydias, the devs are aware and are working on the situation...

~*~2nd edit~*~

and we're back...
...finally
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well damn...
...if the game wasn't already dying due to repetitious issues and inactivity, this would be sad...
Dear Rulers

As you know, NS2 launched in beta several months ago and has suffered from
intermittent stability issues, mostly relating to the growing in-game economy,
diplomatic networks and Alliance complexities. On July 1st, we are going to be
taking the game down in order to perform substantial work on its architecture
and features. This will not be a simple process and we are not able to give a
definite timeline for when the game will return.

To ensure that players do not lose out because of this interruption, we will be
turning off new registrations and payment options this week.

We regret having to take such extreme action but unfortunately, the underlying
design of the game has several major flaws which must be addressed otherwise it
will become irreversibly broken. As soon as we have new information, you'll be
informed.

The NS2 Team
*sigh*
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

On Thursday, the Andelainian Alliance was the featured alliance, and it is today as well. :)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

From Max Barry, author of Jennifer Government and the creator of the original NationStates came. This is what comes up if you go to the main domain page for NationStates2.
NationStates 2

Hi there. On July 1st, 2009, Jolt closed NationStates 2 and began redirecting all visitors to a different Jolt game.

Earlier, Jolt announced they were taking NS2 down only to retool it, and would bring it back at some indefinite time in the future. But since they've wiped the entire site, not even leaving a News page for updates, this seems unlikely.

I've therefore taken back the domain name. It is, unfortunately, beyond my power to restore the NS2 game: that code belongs to Jolt. But if you would like to return to the original NationStates, now proudly Jolt-free, we would love to have you.

—Max Barry, www.nationstates.net

NS2 assistance: ns2support@jolt.co.uk, Jolt's NS2 forum
I do like to give anyone, even a gaming company, the benefit of the doubt, and considering the game just went offline in accordance with a communication the company sent out, feel Mr. Barry may be jumping the gun a little. But, I will also say if he is correct, it wouldn't be a big surprise.

So anyway, I've kept up with NationStates, and am proudly still in Andelain with The Free Republic of Mathematicians, should anyone care to rejoin us, regardless of what eventually happens with NationStates2.

Post by Avatar »

How do we feel about the neccessity of this particular subforum?

--A
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Meh. I got bored of NS a while ago... and then kept playing for a while after that ;)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I think it can go.

Should NS2 relaunch, or others join back in on NS, we have Andelain for communication within each game.

Post by Avatar »

Sounds good to me. Will archive it. Need the space for Balon's game. While I'm at it, I'll probably hide the D&D games that are inactive.

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*sigh*
Mephiston keeps telling me Dark Hope will pick up, but...
OK.

Post by Avatar »

I said hide, not delete.

--A

Return to “Nationstates”