Giantfriend

Valley of Eden - Reveal/Pre-game Submission/Introduction

Post by Cryak »

Let's get started! :D
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Tulayev
Servant of the Land

Post by Tulayev »

When I was a small boy, I stumbled and fell. I hit my head, and I lay as one who is dead. My mother was called. She fell to her knees at my side, and she cried many tears. My father was called. He fell to his knees at my side, and he cried many tears. I was their only child, and they grieved for me. They shook their fists at the earth. They shook their fists at the trees. They shook their fists at the sky. And they cried out: "Why! Why must you take our son from us!! He is dead, and our hearts are broken!" And they cried many tears.

But I had not stumbled. I was tripped. Tripped by the spirit named Grandmother. And I did not hit my head and die. My anime was taken from my body, through the spot on top of my head. Taken by the spirit named Grandfather. He told me I was to be a shaman. I cried out, "But I am afraid.!" He shredded my anime, and it was painful. I screamed for many days, until my anime was destroyed, and I was dead. Dead in truth, this time. Then he restored me. He said, "Now you have felt great pain. And you have died. What more do you fear?" And I was no longer afraid.

Grandmother and Grandfather took me throughout all of the Valley of Eden. For many years, we walked. For many years, we swam. For many years, we flew. For many years, we burrowed. I learned the secret places. I learned the secret names. I learned the spirits that were good. I learned the spirits that were bad. I learned the ways of the animals and the plants. I learned songs of power. I learned dances of power.

One day, Grandmother told me I had learned enough. "It is time to return." "Return to where?" I asked. "Return to your body," Grandmother said. Grandfather said, "Return to your mother and father. They think you are dead. Their hearts are broken, and they are crying many tears." "But I do not want to leave you!" I cried. Then Grandmother said,"You think we gave you all this knowledge for your own amusement? Return and care for your people."

Then my anime was put back into my body, and I awoke again, and told my parents to stop crying. I told them I had learned much from Grandfather and Grandmother, and that I would care for our people.

That was long, long ago. My mother and father died long ago. When I speak with them now, they say caring for our people will soon be more difficult than ever before. They say great trials await me. They say Grandmother and Grandfather prepared me well for this.
Melusina
Servant of the Land

Post by Melusina »

Brisk. Dank. Condensation.

The tiny mist of steam huddles together, coalescing into a small droplet. The weight of the droplet causes it to descend, joining others in their fall towards the waiting pool below.

Drip. Drop. Splash.

Once again, union with the other Salmacians who comprise the rivers, streams, and lakes of the Valley.

We are one. Together we nourish and bring life to the Valley as we transverse the waterways throughout: picking up minerals and nutrients here, flowing to other areas where we deposit them to the benefit of those whose existence depends on them. Even when temporarily removed from our source by being consumed, eventually we return having revived the one which consumed us and then processed us through their system.

I am me. Melusina is the identity I took on for myself millennia ago. The others call me inquisitive, and claim that one day it will be my downfall. Yet I see nothing wrong with occasionally taking form, and dancing along the shore as I wander throughout the Valley. The view from land is different than the view within the source. And my occasional forays have led to council gatherings and reactions to things on land.

What? You think flooding and rough passage is totally random? Oh, how little you know of us…

I leave the cool cavern, following the stream out into the Valley. Today I choose the southern branch and flow along the well worn beds. Over many days I come to a lake and my passage takes me deep underground, drawing closer and closer to the core. My temperature heats up, and with others around me we become a hot spring, surfacing in a different cavern than where we reform. The heat is overwhelming and I once again dissolve, becoming mist and rising. At the top of the cavern there is a tunnel and we drift as mist through it, floating freely as we will within the confined space. Ahead, the tunnel opens, and cooler air embraces us.

Brisk. Dank. Condensation
As he rushed to quench his thirst,
A fountain spring appeared before him
And as his heated breath brushed through the cool mist,
A liquid voice called, "Son of gods, drink from my spring".

The water tasted strangely sweet.
Behind him the voice called again.
He turned and saw her, in a cloak of mist alone
And as he gazed, her eyes were filled with the darkness of the lake.
The Plague
Servant of the Land

Post by The Plague »

"Statement: Survival achieved; host located.

Operate function protocol: Reproduction."

The village chief of the Zehar tribe looked inquisitively at his clansmen.

"Why are you speaking like that, son?"
"Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods."
pixL
Servant of the Land

And God said - let there be...

Post by pixL »

The Dreaming

I have slept deep within the infinite oceans for eons unfathomable; roving from galaxy to galaxy; my dreams are my navigation. Many times I have awakened on worlds filled with delights beyond imagination; beautifull beyond description; wonderous beyond measure. There were also times when I have encountered worlds swollen with misery; shrouded in dark desire; gripped in quixotic nightmare. But all these worlds were not my home. My journey is incomplete. Each time I submerge back into the slumberous currents of the cosmos.

Crystaline music now sharpens my dream; I recognise the sound; the joy, the ecstasy, and the rapture of the rock. I'm like a bubble of air rising towards the surface of the ocean; awareness and clarity pull me towards conclusion; godlike I am in tune with my surroundings. But wait...something...is missing! A beam of black light strikes the core of my being! a void opens and swallows the most important piece of the...!

The Awakening

Simultaneously skirling out of the Gardens of Rondejavu is the keynote - a plaintive chord struck from an instrument known simply as 'Veer' - total annihilation!
Servant of the Land

Post by 10001110101 »

It is not our way to offer unsolicited information.

We will say that it is our way to answer any query given.

We will say that we can only offer an answer if it is within our ability to do so.

We will say that the primary query is one we ask of ourself.

It is not our nature to query others for information.

Our primary query is one we must answer for ourself.
Gods_Favored_Hunter
Servant of the Land

Post by Gods_Favored_Hunter »

Most Favored Of The Gods, Leader of The People, looked through the dense undergrowth. Here was a beast as would feed three full clans. Claws-of-Slaying twitching in anticipation, one of the younglings spooked it. Breaking cover, People leapt out in pursuit, tails outstretched for balance, fleet of foot, as they held their flint spears. Closing with the Prey Beast, they hurled their weapons, stinging it, bringing it to bay. Then, a quick run-by slash with the Claw That Slays to hamstring, just as their ancestors had. But they had tools, and set to cutting crude steaks from the carcass of the mammoth. In the hissing and snarling of True Speech Of The People, Most Favored berated the impatient one. "You shame yourself! You shame your family! Look at the bounty of this! You nearly let Prey escape! How many whelplings would cry out in hunger had this Prey fled?" The chastened, even terrified young hunter abased himself, arching his long, slender neck back, until his snout lay along his spine, abject in submission to his elder. "This day, and the next, you shall have nothing save That-Which-Food-Eats". Several grins became visible at this. The younglings proto-feathers erected in anger and humiliation, but he knew full well he could have been made Food for hungry whelplings had the Prey escaped and neither Prey nor Food been found this day. Glumly, Chra-sekka'ree lifted his muzzle and used his long carnivore teeth to, oh shame, tear a bite out of a low-hanging fruit.

Most Favored Hunter relaxed as the butchering proceeded apace. The dried strips of Prey and Food were running perilously low, but a new cave complex was needed. A new Clan of The People was forming. Soon, The People Chosen By The Gods To Hunt All would number fully seven clans. He watched as a pack of ancestors of The People ran across a field barely within even People's eyeshot. Just as humans to chimpanzees, so too The People to....velociraptors.
Shalaylie
Servant of the Land

Post by Shalaylie »

"Daughter, what have you been doing?"

"Dancing among the clouds, and singing with the wind!" Shalaylie responded, music cascaded around her like crystal droplets.

"Ah, carry on then. Be wary, and do not wander far, however. The stars sign of strange awakenings, and the earth shivers beneath us."

"Worry not, Mother! For I run fast, and fly faster!"

"Children..." The Elder Queen sighed, and her breath stirred the grass at her feet.
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

I watch.

I have always watched. I can do nothing else.

Yet my knowledge is timeless. I watch it pass as people pass me by.

Most do not see me but others, when they do see me, love me deeply.

And I watch what they do. I listen to what they say.

And I remember...

Return to “Valley of Eden”