Presenting . . . Kevin's Watch

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Kevin's Watch was "a slim splinter of stone" that was "at least five hundred feet" long. It "pointed obliquely" (that is, it didn't point straight up) at an angle that was "as steep as a ladder". It emerged from "the base of a cliff", the parapet was "a stones throw" away from a cliff, and cliffs rose "to a sun-bright peak still tipped with snow".

The book cover hugh of bone posted looks more like the tower of Revelstone than it does Kevin's Watch. There is no oblique angle, and squareness doesn't look natural.

The book cover Blackhawk posted has an even worse image of Kevin's watch. Sure, it angles out, but it's too small, and there are no cliffs behind it.

Hugh of bone's last creation is a good splinter, but it seems to stand straight up rather than lean way. And it is not opposite cliffs. And it needs a parapet built at the top.

The other ones have similar issues. They don't angle away. They do not have the Watch opposite a cliff face. And the mountain should be much, much higher than the watch itself.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Side ways view of my previous KW

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

Huh, I always thought Kevin's Watch looked like this:

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”