Domain: Music
Lesser Domain: Writing
Symbol: A Golden Harp
High Priests: Melody, Marziale
Lesser Priests: Marziale
Temples: The Harper Hall, The Tabernacle
Priesthood: .9
Sacrifices: .4
Last edited by [Syl] on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 19 times in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

Ah, to skip across the surface of this world once more, such a pleasure. And these people, as ever, have done so much of my work for me.

Poor, poor Orden. I fear I played him like a lyre. He will serve me well, I think.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

The light reflected off of the gemstones and precious metals like a technicolor waterfall as they tumbled into the pool. They sank beyond Isaiah’s vision, many heights below the polished stone floor. He turned to his new Master, and bowed low in respect.

At Aeon’s word he stood upright, eyes closed. A strange feeling had fell over him. It flowed over his skin, reminiscent of a golden glint and the ripple of still water. The feeling tingled first in his hands, and spread up his arms. When it covered his head a strange thing happened. Isaiah couldn’t explain it, even to himself. As he opened his simply saw…more

His master was gone! From within his own head, the boy could hear Aeon's voice. It sounded like the tinkle of small rubies being dropped on a pile of silver. “You feel the return of your sacrifice to me, Isaiah. Serendipity can be a powerful thing with training. First I must test your abilities. Tell me, where is the door?”

Isaiah frowned in confusion. He knew there was no door in the room, for he had surveyed it upon first waking. But almost against his will he felt his head turning to the side. Inlaid so closely it was invisible, was the outline of a hidden door. Isaiah couldn’t explain how he was seeing it, because in a way, he still couldn’t. It was a bizarre feeling, and it made him squirm a little.

“You have much natural talent. Do you know how you accomplished that, Isaiah?” The boy shook his head. “Focus your thoughts to a single point, and Serendipity will lead the way.”

As he walked towards the wall, the stone portal swung silently inward, and Isaiah strode into darkness.
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Allód
Servant of the Land

Post by Allód »

Kai wrote:Ah, to skip across the surface of this world once more, such a pleasure. And these people, as ever, have done so much of my work for me.

Poor, poor Orden. I fear I played him like a lyre. He will serve me well, I think.
And all the while, thinking that it is he that controls you, my Sister. It is well.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Greetings, everyone!!! May your and your followers' lives be filled with light and warmth!!!

Ah, forgive me. It is difficult to keep my radiance in check. :lol:

I believe it will be obvious, but I wanted to announce this anyway. Just a way of introducing myself. I will be giving my High Priest, Szabad, a Sunbeam momentarily. It will not be sentient (that will come later), but it will obey his every command. He will use it as he needs. He can have it weave in and out of the Gardens next to my temple; send it into dark places to see what's there; dry up the dampness; delight children... Truly, a Sunbeam's uses are endless! So it will be easy to recognize Szabad.

In fact, I'll be giving him several of these Sunbeams over the coming year. And he will award one to each person who becomes ordained into my priesthood. That will be their sign.

Just a random thought... Aren't Love and Strife the same thing? Or was it just my marriage that gives me that impression...

Anyway, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have ideas on how we might work together. Don't worry, I'm not talking about binding agreements. But if you want to trade favors, it might work out wonderfully. Need a priest to send a Sunbeam somewhere? Would you like more light in your temple? Those who primarily follow the Sun will be told the wisdom of offering thanks to other deities who help us. No reason we should not give each other credit where it is due, eh?

Which brings me to sacrifices. Should we ever exchange favors, and tell our followers to make a sacrifice to the other, the Sacrifice of Candles is quite simple. A candle destroyed in Nihon, by or under the eyes of my priesthood, is my chosen method of sacrifice.

Have a nice day!
Libidinal
Servant of the Land

Post by Libidinal »

Well, hello there my lovely brothers and sisters!

Gorgeous day for a greeting, isn't it? I take it that would be Surya's doing; no thanks to Nyx I'm sure.

Where to begin, where to begin...

Ah!

Should any of your followers wish to escape the drudgery of work and life, have them stop by the Brothel. The sermons are quite fulfilling, to say the least. :lol:

My priestesses are always available, should your followers feel the urge to confess their sins. :biggrin:
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

Greetings, fellow deities!

Libidinal, if any of your prostitutes find themselves with child, I will take good care of them and keep them healthy until they can return to you.
Libidinal
Servant of the Land

Post by Libidinal »

Diana wrote:Greetings, fellow deities!

Libidinal, if any of your prostitutes find themselves with child, I will take good care of them and keep them healthy until they can return to you.
Priestesses, dearie! "Prostitute" implies a monetary payment. My priestesses give love, and love is all they ask in return!
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

An excellent attitude for one's priestesses to take, Libidinal.
Please let me know if Song would be of use setting the mood for your temples...

And greetings to all!
What a wondrous city we have found ourselves in.
Libidinal
Servant of the Land

Post by Libidinal »

Virelai, you minx!

What a fabulous idea! However, the music must be of mystical origin. Any human performers would be quickly swept up in the rapture of my sermons.

Perhaps Nyx and Surya could work together to get the lighting just right... ;)
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Indeed! A special greeting to you, Mother Dark! Never are either of us more sublime than when in each other's presence!

Chime
Stonedownor

Post by Chime »

Ladies and gentlemen, I am brewing up some tea. Nothing like a nice cup of tea to put things in perspective, when you're having a chat about making or breaking the world.

Nyx, I believe you like yours black?

I have some salt, if you prefer it to sugar, Allod?

Aeon, I'm not going to tell you which is salt and which is sugar!

Note the cups, Virelai- finest porcelain! If you run your finger round the rim it makes the sweetest sound.

I hope you don't mind, Krinn, I'll just taste yours first.

Yours is ginseng tea, Libidinal.

A twist of lemon in yours, Kai?

I'm afraid your tea may have gone cold, Nakhetemet! Perhaps you can fix that yourself?

Diana, you'll supply your own milk I presume?

Is tea appropriate, Antaka? Or would you prefer something more stimulating?

There is honey somewhere for you, Surya.

There! Isn't this nice?
Antaka
Servant of the Land

Post by Antaka »

None in my realm require sustenance. They are beyond hunger, beyond pain, beyond fear.
For death begins with life's first breath.
And life begins at touch of death.
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

*moistening finger and rubbing it ever so gently against the rim of the cup, then smiling softly as the purest note rings forth*

'tis a gift, Chime.
My thanks.

Salut!
Nyx
Ramen

Post by Nyx »

Surya wrote:Indeed! A special greeting to you, Mother Dark! Never are either of us more sublime than when in each other's presence!
We are never in each other's presence, Great Surya. Your gaze drives me out, and I end up hiding in the deepest holes I can find. The sun was never known as gentle and loving. Words like "harsh", "unyielding", and "brutal" come more easily to mind.
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

My Dear!! You have been hanging out with the wrong Suns!! No, nothing like that for me! Our interplay is a wondrous thing!! Our children, the Shadows, are perfection and grace!! Fluid beauty! The very children of the world delight in them, casting them on walls, intertwining them, shaping them into whatever their imaginations can conceive!
Herald of Sataniel
Servant of the Land

Post by Herald of Sataniel »

Wondrous things indeed, the chase of light and dark. Darkness ever fleeing, Light chasing after - confining, forcing darkness to hold shape as shadow. What great dominion you hold over your opposite, Surya.
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Always the pessimist, eh, Kai? :lol: No, there is no Light without Dark; no Dark without Light. The words describing each would not exist if the other did not also exist. If one were eliminated, no matter which, the loneliness and pointlessness would stagger the imagination.

But, by all means, call our endless interactions Strife, if you wish. No reason you cannot benefit from our dance!
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Welcome, and greetings to all who are new-come to the Acropolis!
I have spent long lifetimes boring time away, waiting to be released. It is indeed good to dwell in this world again! There are so many chances to take advantage of!
Chime wrote:Aeon, I'm not going to tell you which is salt and which is sugar!
My thanks for the tea, Chime. Though, the real truth is that they are both and neither.

There is much possibility with my new neighbors. I am sure I will be working closely with many of you.
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Libidinal
Servant of the Land

Post by Libidinal »

Come now, Nyx! Surely you can see how the sun comes at you like a playful lover. You're simply a tease, hiding away like that.

And Surya, you're never going to get any if you don't tone it down a little. Subtlety is not the Sun's strongsuit I suppose.

Return to “Acropolis 1.0”