Vampire: The Requiem - Layson Street (Papillon)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Behind Maddoc and James, the bouncers make ground - surging past piles of trash, and leaping over the body of a prostitute who has evidently overdosed on some drug, with semen leaking from her thin mouth. The two Kindred rush for the alley exit, with the men hot on their heels.

Seconds later they rush out into Layson Street, disturbing a group of teenagers laughing as they stumble out of a bar. The teenagers scatter to avoid being hit, and before they raise their voices in anger or shock they see the bouncers rushing down the alley and quickly walk away.

"Stop!" Someone shouts. James and Maddoc look to their right and see Rupert standing on his own with a mobile held to his right ear. He has a hand raised. Immediately, the two bouncers slow down and look to him, and Maddoc, cautiously.

Rupert has a look of distaste on his face. With a nod, whispering 'yes, I understand', he then places the phone into his suit jacket. "I guess it is your lucky day, gentlemen," he says with a sneer. "You're free to go. Not that I cared either way, but you both have a friend in a high place, who thinks you two are valuable. As for the doormen; you're wanted back. Now."

Rupert turns around and walks away, shaking his head. The bouncers follow, looking confused.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin

Post by Maddoc »

"Every dog has his leash, see Jimmy? Woof!" Maddoc barks at Rupert's retreating back.
Mind you, it's just as well the chase was called off when it was - Maddoc's bent over double. He looks exhausted.

Or does he? As usual, there is something false about Maddoc's performance. He mimes at being winded, yet forgets to pretend to breathe. There is no sweat on his face, or under his arms. His filthy clothes smell unbelievably, but not of him.

A look of frustration or pain crosses Maddoc's face, almost as if he recognizes these things but remains powerless to affect them.

"Time I was high, " Maddoc mutters, turning and walking away down Layson Street.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

James paid little attention to Maddoc. He couldn't shake the feeling he got about all of this. First the opera house and now here, someone had stood in and saved his backside. He couldn't help but shake the image of the black man in glasses. This was the guy he needed to talk to.

But first more pressing matters.

"Yeah man, I gotta bail. I got a lead in that club, but I need to go get changed. Probably safer to hit it up alone. Give me a call if you hear anything or need anything man." He said to the madman's back.

For a moment James just stood there, quiet in the centre of a world of debauchery around him. Still in a storm of life. All around him people were living, something he would never do again. All around him people were making their most of the meagre existence, which could pale in comparison to his own potential life. For so many short pitiful years he had tried hard to make his mark on the world, to make sure he would live on forever, in one way or another. Fate had a very literal, and cruel, sense of humour.

He moved towards his bike. All around him, oblivious to the predator in their midst, people buzzed from club to club. He felt as though he moved normally, yet his immortal mind was deep in thought. Where a mere mortal, in their rush to make the most of their flicker of time on earth, would find his pace slow he found it to be natural.

Yet these swarms of insect like humans offered his protection. Where the few hundred kindred existed in their own world, leeching off society like a parasite, he could be among the millions of humans, turning them to his own will and using them as his safety, his food, his admirers. Fuck it, even his own army. He would need to, once again, win over the hearts of the masses. A life held in high regard amongst the prey would prove to be his safest choice. Amongst these thriving, surging masses was his salvation.

Lost in thought he was astride his bike. So he had a plan. Not a very good nor clever one but a plan none the less. Now he just needed that change of clothes...

(Post continued in Old Town. )
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan Belmont wrote:"Thanks man. I'll make sure to check it out." Jonathan turned towards the door. "I'll see you soon", he called over his shoulder as he disappeared into the club.

Out on the street, Jonathan made his way towards the taxi stand, dodging through a maze of prostitutes, pimps, and drug-peddlars. He checked his watch and noted it was well after midnight.

This is really the only place open at this time, and I've got what I came here for. Might as well head home.
Jonathan reaches the taxi stand, although several people had already reached it before him and were waiting for the next cab to pull up. Cheap music and cigarette smoke drifted by him, whores, addicts, and club goers milling by under the garish red and green lights. A drunk stumbles out an adult store, zipping up his fly while two men collapse in each other's arms sobbing near a car with broken windows.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Jonathan Belmont »

While he waited for a taxi, Jonathan pulled out his cell and started typing a text message.

Something very strange just happened. Something that I don't think can be explained by any of the Movement's tech-buffs. Do you know of any Carthians with an interest in the mystical?

As his fingers danced across the key pad of his cell, he slowly wandered towards the weeping men, his curiosity getting the better of him. It was probably nothing - a car broken into and a head unit stolen perhaps. The guys were crying pretty hard though.

He shrugged and scrolled through his address book before finally selecting a name and sending the text message. To Mina.
Last edited by Jonathan Belmont on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Mina's reply came immediately.

Hey j. been worried 4 u. evrythng alright with roland? yeah there is 1 carthian. agent rodden - weird one but he is our best expert. lets meet soon. miss u. xox
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Don't worry - I'm fine. Miss you too though. Roland's a dick, so that's not surprising. His friends were though, and so was Old Albert. So where do I find Rodden? And do I need to make an appointment or can I just show up?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jonathan stands on a busy street waiting for his sire's reply, people walking past him oblivious to another world they could never understand or accept. Some women and men give him appraising glances, caught up by his perfect looks, and not a few continue to stare. But they continue on.

His mobile beeps, a second before a tall, muscular man with a square jaw and shoulder length hair bumps into him with force. A pale scar runs around his neck, as though he had been cut deeply a long time ago. He flashes green eyes at him, a hint of fury in them, before he continues. The heavy figure is followed by a woman in tight jeans and a checkered shirt, scowling and intense. A short man to her right with bright red hair and wearing studded leather grins at Jonathan as he strokes a knife made of bone. Three others closely follow, a wiry man, a woman covered in tattoos and piercings, and a man wearing a grey coat with grey eyes and hair. The last figure turns and smiles coldly at Jonathan.

"Watch where you stand, pretty boy," he says with a thick Irish accent. "Must have been a long walk from the industrial district. Your scent was easy to pick up, all dead like with a tinge of perfume." The grey figure turns and races a few metres to catch up with his friends. They turn a corner and walked down an alleyway.

Mina's text message says, can meet him 2night. pick u where? we drive to city heart.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Green eyes. Fuck, I wish I knew what was going on in this shit hole!

Shaken, Jonathan quickly typed a reply into his cell.

On Layson Street at the taxi stand just down from Blitzkrieg. Hurry. I think I may have been followed from Albert's by werewolves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Mina's reply beeped a minute later. There r no ww in the city. all died during vampire coup. u must be wrong. I hope!
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

So everyone keeps telling me. I'm not so sure anymore. See you soon.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ten minutes passed, before a stylish car pulled up beside Jonathan. Mina was at the wheel, dressed exquisitely. No doubt she had been on the hunt. During the time that he waited, he witnessed a woman being thrown from a car by two men, two gangs of youths meet to sell drugs, and a group of priests fend off assault by drunken woman. Jonathan was certain half of the priests were vampires.

Mina looked at Jonathan as she accelerated away. "Back on the gay scene, Johnny?" She said with a mocking smile.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Jonathan smirked. "Nah, just doing a little reconnaissance. I'm looking for a rich kid who's got bad grades, probably because he parties too much."

"Ah. And Blitkrieg is the club to be seen in, regardless of your...interests. Did you have any luck?"

Did I? I don't know. I know more than I did when I woke up - shit-loads more. I just don't know if that's actually any help. Instead I feel like I've been kicked in the head a few dozen times, which doesn't make it any easier to put all the pieces of the puzzle back together.

Powell and his coterie. Old Albert, and Tessa, and the factory. Identity Corp and the Bachman family. Lordenshaw College. The esteemed Professor Marches. Not to mention some crazy kindred using a never-before-seen discipline, some freaky stalkers with green eyes, and the strange red light.

Johnny-boy, you're in way over your head.

"To be honest, I couldn't tell you. Hopefully once we've talked with this Agent Rodden, some things might start to make sense."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Oh you poor darling," she smiles softly and strokes his upper arm. "I keep forgetting you're a . . . 'neonate'; I have a lot of confidence in you . . . perhaps too much. Anyway. Rodden is in the city, and he works in the police headquarters. However, he meet us at a carpark a five minute walk away from there. Roland shouldn't see us. And to be frank, if he did I wouldn't give a fuck; I have too much dirt on that traitorous son a bitch."

Mina swirved around a truck. "Sorry. Just a little annoyed at his manipulating Pyotr into making you his 'supervisee'."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"He surprised me tonight actually", Jonathan responded. "I thought he'd control his coterie with an iron fist, but he got put in his place twice. By someone different each time." He laughed maliciously as the car speed down the road. "It was the most fun I've had all week."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"I'm disappointed," Mina said as they entered the outskirts of the city heart, "that I was not there to see it and that you did not deploy the masterstroke. But better you hadn't; Roland could have done anything to get revenge. He's none too subtle.

"Anyway, I've been thinking about what you said last week. I'm becoming all the more convinced someone's playing a vast game in the city; we're being moved into position to achieve some goal, and a Kindred is behind it. This person, I think, is scheming something big. I don't like."
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

"Big is right. Old Albert said that the attacker at the Opera House was definitely a kindred - he could tell - but that the shadow tentacles were demonstrations of some power, a discipline, that he had never seen before."

"And then there were the dogs."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

"Old Albert would know, or might pretend to know. I believe it was a Kindred. I sensed the thing's Beast - or mine reacted to it. As for its power, I have never seen the like before. I have heard rumours about wolves or dogs in the city. But I don't think they would be Lupines. Many fled the purges following the coup, but most were destroyed. A tragedy because the wolves and the Kindred got along well with one another."

Mina turned a corner and drove a ramp leading into a tall car park. Most of the bays were empty, and half of the lights had been turned off or were broken. The car drove up four levels and was parked on the northern side, facing the government district. A hundred feet away was a male figure in wearing a black suit with a tie.

"Okay, let's get out and meet Rodden," Mina said.
Jonathan Belmont
<i>Elohim</i>

Continued in the Government District.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

James reaches Layson street, his motorcycle streaking down the avenue of clubs, cheap hotels, bars, and sordid scenes. His mobile phone rings, despite the loud hum of the bike.

Contacts ** (Manipulation + Persuasion) roll: 1 success.

James recognises the number; it's Khaine.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”