Vampire: The Requiem - Gameplay

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Vampire: The Requiem - Gameplay

Post by Loredoctor »

Experience Points

Experience points are awarded in the following ways:

1 point per week just by actively participating in an adventure/chapter.

At the end of a chapter:

1 point if it becomes apparent that the character has learned something important.

1 point for roleplaying a character very well.

1 point for taking risks and showing courage.

At the end of a story (linked adventures):

1 to 3 points for resolving a story and if the characters did very well.

Last edited by Loredoctor on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Damage
All characters should display damage either in their signature or beneath their posts (even above, if you want). There are three types of damage in the World of Darkness: Bashing, Lethal and Aggravated.

Bashing /

Bashing, also denoted as '/', is simply the result of damage inflicted by clubs, fists, etc. Kindred heal two points of bashing damage by using one point of vitae.

Lethal X

Lethal damage, which is also denoted by 'X', refers to damage caused by swords, daggers, bullets, claws, etc. One point of vitae heals one point of lethal damage.

Aggravated *

Aggravated damage, also referred by a '*', is caused by fire, sunlight, werewolf claws, and other supernatural forces. It is severe enough to kill a Kindred and very difficult to heal. Each point of this damage costs five vitae.

Health
Kindred have a number of health boxes equal to their health rating (or dots). These boxes represent the amount of damage that a character can endure. They are filled from left to right. If a character has five health dots, her health display would look like this:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Which means that basically she can receive 5 points of bashing damage:

[/] [/] [/] [/] [/]

Five points of lethal damage:

[X] [X] [X] [X] [X]

Or five points of aggravated damage:

[*] [*] [*] [*] [*]

Or combination thereof:

[*] [X] [X] [/] [ ]

Characters heal from right to left (less serious to serious damage).

If all health boxes are filled with bashing damage points, any further bashing wounds become lethal. If he or she has all boxes filled with lethal damage [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] then she is comatosed/unconscious and dying. Any more damage lethal or bashing then becomes aggravated. If the character's health boxes look like this [*] [*] [*] [*] [X] one more point of bashing or lethal damage will turn the last X into aggravated and the Kindred reaches Final Death.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

How the Game Works

You simply post in a location thread where your characters want to go. Each location has a story/chapter hook (which may or may not be accurate). If Henry Dupois, a Daeva thief, wants to start off an adventure in the museum, his player would write up how he gets there (if you want), what the character sees and feels, etc. I then respond, and start off the adventure. Your characters can do a huge amount of things, only limited by your imaginations (and mechanics of the system). So, you could shop for clothes, feed of some mortals, play politics with another Kindred, seduce another vampire, etc. I will respond with something interesting and help you tell a story.

That's really it. Just post what your character wants to do or is about to do, and I moderate the actions and responses.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Nice. Very reminiscent of Mes :)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Nice. Very reminiscent of Mes :)
Exactly. ;)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Loremaster wrote:
Dorian wrote:Nice. Very reminiscent of Mes :)
Exactly. ;)
*nods*

That is exactly what I said to shadow strike when you first put up the various location threads (in the hope of enticing him to play).

ah well...
I don't think it worked.
But perhaps he'll join me in lurking.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Clarification for XP expense:

For some of the social merits (e.g. - allies, contacts, mentor, status, resources), it seems like one could work to acquire those via good roleplaying.

So, for example, if Ivan were to take the time to dig up incriminating evidence against an agent of the FBI's Organized Crime task force, then approach this agent and get him to agree to send information on upcoming busts to Ivan... would I then also need to spend XP to acquire that guy as an ally?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ivan Karpenku wrote:Clarification for XP expense:

For some of the social merits (e.g. - allies, contacts, mentor, status, resources), it seems like one could work to acquire those via good roleplaying.

So, for example, if Ivan were to take the time to dig up incriminating evidence against an agent of the FBI's Organized Crime task force, then approach this agent and get him to agree to send information on upcoming busts to Ivan... would I then also need to spend XP to acquire that guy as an ally?
You're spot on. Now it's not easy - but we're looking at a chapter for a social status *, or more than a few chapters for ** to *****. I can also remove dots if certain things occur - major incidents, for instance.

It's very unlikely that you will gain a physical or mental merit, I might add.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Yeah, I assumed that physical or mental would require XP only. But the social ones I had wondered about. It was mostly a mtter of "do I save up XP for <blah> merit, or can I earn that just through role-play?"

But now I'm good.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

I spent XP to add a point to my haven, thus moving from my place to the Night club. I then roleplayed it afterwards. Kaine was also me role playing pre-existent points i had in contacts.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ghouls

I'm going to put into a place a new rule. From now on I would like all players to pm me before they create a ghoul. The reason I ask this is that it's simply more effort on my behalf to create the ghoul, and monitor them throughout the game. If a pm is not sent to me, then no ghoul will be created.

I should point out that creating a ghoul is breach of the Masquerade. There are three characters already endangering that, and I do plan for there to be consequences.

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”