Which title do you like better?

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Which title for the third book in The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant do you prefer?

Shall Pass Utterly
36%
Against All Things Ending
45%
The Death of Linden Avery
16%
Other
2%

Total votes: 55

spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

"Shall Pass Utterly" sounds too much like what the doctor told me the last time I had a kidney stone... 8O
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

Actually, I think that Shall Pass Utterly makes a little more sense now that I found where it comes from. Apparently beauty and truth are going to end in the next novel :(

And seriously, who isn't against all things ending? Considering I'm a 'thing' and I don't want to end, I'm sure against it :wink:

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

Hellfire.....both the Land & the Earth as we know it are corruputed beyond all hope of redemption. I say destroy the entire universe ( all Life & Time everywhere, and just rebuild the damned thing from scratch. Sometimes it's easier to do that, instead of fixing the existing thing. Yes, tremble, Watchers...for there is joyful reading laid up for us here far beyond anything our petty mortal hearts can bear !...muhuhuhuhahahaha...
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”