AATE Quest

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Mr.Land
Woodhelvennin

AATE Quest

Post by Mr.Land »

In Runes of the Earth Linden had to retrieve the Staff of Law. In Fatal Revenant Thomas Covenant had to be brought back to life. What quest or quests or are in store for us in Against All Things Ending? Some possibilities include the search for Jeremiah, another trip to assuage the Worm of the World's End, a journey north to stop the Skurj and Kastenessen, or perhaps a trek south to Doriendor Corishev. The presence of caesures allows for further time travel as well.
Something there is in beauty.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I'm sure there will be some time travel.

i doubt if they will go to Doriender Corishev though, can't see why they would need to go there.

I'd imagine, They'll be looking for Jeremiah, and lloking for Joan to stop her from making the ceasures.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

drew wrote:
i doubt if they will go to Doriender Corishev though, can't see why they would need to go there.
The Sandgorgons are there, and I bet they'll have to go there to stop them.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

There will certainly be a journey into the Lost Deep. But probably not until The Final Dark. The Lost Deep is beneath Mount Thunder, and we go into Mount Thunder at least once per Chronicles.

As for the Sandgorgons, it's much easier for them to come to you than for you to go to them. So I'm not convinced there will be a trip to see them.

Then again, Linden granting Doriendor Corishev to the Sandgorgons is a perfect candidate for "Oh Linden, what have you done?".

If we stop and consider what is the first thing TC would want to do, addressing the Sandgorgons may be it.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

wayfriend wrote: If we stop and consider what is the first thing TC would want to do, addressing the Sandgorgons may be it.
The questions then become: Will the Sandgorgons still revere TC? Will such reverence help dissuade them from their purposes? I hope not, I want to see some ass-kicking Sandgorgons :D
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I still suspect some confrontation between the Sandgorgons, and the Masters, perhaps in an effort to secure the Land, but just possibly for the chance to succeed where other Haruchai failed , in direct mortal combat with a Sandgorgon.
Wide Eyed Stupid
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Perhaps, they will demolish Revelstone.

I'm serious too.
Kevin's Watch is gone, perhaps Revelstone will follow.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

drew wrote:Perhaps, they will demolish Revelstone.

I'm serious too.
Kevin's Watch is gone, perhaps Revelstone will follow.
This made me incredibly sad.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

drew wrote:Perhaps, they will demolish Revelstone.
Revelstone will fall. I've predicted that before; the fall of Kevin's Watch telegraphs that punch.

Sandgorgons is an interesting way to do it that I had not considered. I like.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The destruction of Revelstone could be exactly what it takes to break the Masters hold on the people of the Land. Every time they are faced with their own failure, they abandon what they serve .
Wide Eyed Stupid
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

SRD has already stated that TC will end up becoming Foul. Also, TC is gonna destroy the universe. Perhaps Mt. Thunder gets torn down along the way.
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”